“Great for families, TONS of extra space..almost like an apartment away from home! STAFF was UNBELIEVABLE!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport
Ranked #135 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
Houston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2009

My family chose this location for 5 nights based on the reviews from this site alone. I had previously called at talked to 4 other hotels in the area trying to make a decision, but once I spoke with the hotel staff at the Hawthorne, it was a no-brainer!

**STAFF**
First of all, let me say that all the positive feedback you may have read about Keith, Tom, and the entire staff a the Hawthorn Suites is TRUE! (They took over the property in November so anything negative you read before that...please understand that it was a different management company). They were so accommodating it was almost unbelievable. Having worked in the travel industry for 13 years, I know what level of service to expect. I have worked for Delta Airlines and worked as a travel agent, so I know this industry. They went so above and beyond what good customer service is, it was almost unheard of. I have only taken the time to write 1 online review in my life, but I knew I had to give credit where credit was do in complimenting & praising the staff at the Hawthorn Suites.

I was there with a baseball team and they bent over backwards to make our kids' trip the best ever! He even had a huge canvas Welcome and Good Luck banner professionally MADE for our team and another team. It was hanging on the hotel exterior by the front door as we came in. Who does that in today's customer service world. They threw a big hamburger, hotdog, chips and dip social for our team and the other guests at the hotel. They took me to the airport to get my daughter who was flying in and they WAITED in the van while I went inside to get her. I told them they could leave and I'd get a way back, but they insisted. Just unbelievable.

One afternoon, my young daughter and son went into the lobby vending machine to buy some Oreos. The staff there (I think it was Tom) saw how excited my kids were to have their Oreos...he said, "Would you like some milk to go with those Oreos?" Surprised, I said, "Well, sure." He went into the back kitchen and came back with 2 glasses of milk. Small gesture, BIG statement! These people really do care about making their guests number one.

**ROOM LAYOUT**
This hotel has such great reviews for a few reasons...the layout of all the rooms is a HUGE plus! We had 2 rooms, living area, full kitchen with pots, pans, plates, stove, oven, etc....the works! If you are on a business trip, staying one night or if your preference is fine luxuries, marble countertops, restaurant with bar, and a spa this may not be the place for you. If you want a place where the beds are new, SUPER comfortable, 3x the space you'd get in a standard hotel for a fraction of the price, free parking, free hot breakfast, laundry onsite, then you've found your place! I will say that they are renovating the entire property and are still in this process. The microwaves are definitely old school, but who cares really, so long as it heats and pops popcorn. Keith told me those are coming in soon. It is an ongoing process to renovate, paint, etc. a property, but the beds and showers are clean and neat. He even showed me the paint colors he is about to do on the exterior.

**BREAKFAST**
Angelica made a fantastic breakfast for us everyday! We had sausage, eggs, potatoes, breakfast burritos, and belgium waffles. There was fruit, cereal and juices as well. One thing I appreciated was the fact that even though they were closing in 15 minutes, she came out with a huge plate of eggs and bacon because there were still quite a few people hungry in the eating area. Most places shut down the last 15-20 minutes and make you feel like they are ready for you to leave. We tipped her at the end of the week and thanked her for feeding us so well.

**OUTSIDE EXTERIOR**
The outside does not look like some of the brand new properties yet, but they are working on it, so if that is the most important factor to you, you may be somewhat disappointed. I have stayed in some of the nicest properties all over the world..yes, I had a marble entry way and granite countertops, but really who cares. For most of my trips, and I can probably speak for a lot of people, I feel like most people usually want clean rooms, safe area, close and convenient to local attractions, (6 minutes from Dallas Love), and great management staff. You'll get that here at the Hawthorn Suites.

We will most definitely be going back to the Hawthorn Suites again. We will always remember our All-Star tournament as such a wonderful event, and our stay with the folks at the Hawthorn made it all the better! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank twizzlerr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2009

First of all, you will never find another breakfast bar better than Hawthorne Suites! Wonderful food! The breakfast room is very nice also, you don't have to wait for a table to sit at as you often do at other motels. Where else can you stay where they serve you dinner and have social hour one night a week? The pool area is very nice and clean. The staff are very accomodating and they are the friendliest people you will ever meet. The manager is wonderful and is there 24/7. They make you feel very welcome. The rooms are very nice too! I loved the fully equiped kitchen. The area is very nice too. The grounds are very well kept. Best place to stay in Dallas!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank Shorty46
Abilene, Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

I have stayed in many hotels in the Dallas area, I wish I had found this one sooner. The suite was clean, the bed was comfortable and the staff very helpful. We arrived late and
hungry. Keith told us of restaurants in the area and of a Chinese Restaurant that delivered until 2 A.M., we ordered, if you like Chinese ask Keith for the number, the food was delicious! My next trip to Dallas I know where I'll be staying.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2009

May family needed a place to gather while my father underwent surgery. Keith the manager was extremely helpful, giving directions, recommending restaurants, making sure our needs were met with extra blankets and towels, and even locating my daughter's lost cell phone. I will be staying at this property every time I visit Dallas.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Syracuse, NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2009

Rooms were spacious enough for two to unpack and spend a long weekend very comfortably. Staff was outstanding. Management was concerned for one thing only - the satisfaction of his guests, and went out of his way to ensure that satisfaction. Rooms were all clean, up to date, fresh, and comfortable. Location was convenient enough to get anywhere in the Dallas area with relative ease - only a block off of 35E. Quiet location, no neighborhood problems. Well worth staying at this location. Will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike9369
chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2009

very decent place--shuttle driver offered to make any stops i needed on the way from the airport, and offered to take me to my meeting later, a few miles away.

place is more than adequate--paid $62 to stay here--full hot bacon and eggs breakfast included--

if this location works, the place is fine--all the workers were very nice--although i think i got bedbugs--not because the place was dirty, but you are right at ground level, with a lot of landscaping

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Warner Robins, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2009

I was stuck at Dallas Love Airport due to Continental Airlines botched attempts to get me home (another story entirely). This hotel was one of the pre-negotiated hotels on the Continental list.

I called for a shuttle. Promptly 8 minutes later the van was pulled right up to the curb to let me onboard. The shuttle driver (who is normally at the front desk but filled in to pick me up since it was after hours) noticed I had no bags (since Continental had sent them on without me) and asked if I needed anything. Given my distressed situation, the shuttle driver offered to stop at any restaurant or store I might need. I took him up on the offer and he recommended an excellent sushi restaurant not far down the street from the hotel. I placed an order for take-out and had a pleasant conversation with the shuttle driver while I waited for dinner.

Check-in was a breeze. The rooms are just as everyone has said. Bigger than my first apartment out of college! The rooms do need upgraded furniture and appliances, but very clean and the beds were very comfortable.

Complimentary breakfast of biscuits, gravy, southwestern eggs, sausage, cereals, coffee, jusices was prompt and was ready on time. It was hot, and best of all, free.

Checkout was easy and a shuttle was there to take me back to the airport right on time.

Overall, I was very pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business