Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport
Ranked #145 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Trashy. Carpet dirty and raveled. All closet doors unattached Overall dirtiness Carpet kitchen walls... Smelled strongly of febreeze which usually means masking smell. An hour late for check waiting on room

• Stayed: November 2013
2  Thank Diane S
DALLASHAWTHORN, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank you for your response! We would like to invite you to contact the management team here at Hawthorn Suites Dallas Love Field to discuss your reservation, as we show no record of you staying with us. Happy travels!

Reviewed November 1, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sharon M

Reviewed October 28, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Harold K

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I arrived at nearly 1am and had a flight to catch at 8:15am. The hotel is conveniently located to Dallas Love Field. Check-in was quick. I asked for a 5:45am wake-up call and watched the night attendant enter the info into the phone system. The wake-up call never came. Not sure if the phone in the room was not working or if it was operator error. Fortunately, I had set the room clock alarm to go off at 6am. The condition of the room was poor. The tub was badly stained and re-caulked poorly. I noticed rust on the ceiling, mold and poor overall maintenance throughout the "suite." The sink faucet was very loose and the sink drained slowly. Carpet that extended up about 2 inches on the wall in the bedroom was torn away from the wall. I don't think this room would pass any kind of Hawthorn corporate inspection. The worst part was when I mentioned the missed wake-up call at checkout, the same overnight attendant didn't seem to care and provided no apology or concern until I pointed out to him that I was surprised that he didn't seem to care. This was my first stay with Hawthorn and I am unimpressed.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mbtelluride

Thank you for your feedback! We have taken care of the issues you have mentioned and would love for you to come back to see the constant changes we are making here at Hawthorn Suites Dallas Love Field. Happy travels!

Reviewed October 26, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Brandon L
Reviewed October 24, 2013

After my last experience with Brandon, the manager of Hawthorn Suites Dallas Love Field, I will never stay at this location again. Which is a shame because the rooms are actually really nice for the price.

I stayed at this location often because I love their townhouse/penthouse 2 bedrooms. You can't get a better deal any where for that room type. While Brandon, the manager, has always come been extremely rude, the rest of the staff have always been great.

I was due to check out today after staying their 2 nights in their penthouse suite. I booked the room again this morning on hawthorn.com before 10 am. Around 11:30 am Brandon calls and says that even tho I had a confirmed reservation for that room and had been staying there for 2 days already that that room was no longer available and I would need to be out of that room by 12 pm because he had someone there already there waiting to check-in even tho their check-in time is 3 pm.

My friend and I are travelling together and between the two of us after 2 days had a lot of stuff to pack up. The manager came pounding on the door around 12:15 pm and said we had to be out of there in 15 min or he was going to charge me for half a day. When he said that to me I responded with "if you are going to charge us for half a day then we will stay half a day." His response to me was "then I will call the cops." When I asked him why he would call the cops if he was going to charge me for a half a day, he turned around and pulled out his phone and headed towards the hotel office.

We managed to gather everything up and 15 minutes later I went to the front desk because I had left $100 cash for incidentals. We were told that I would not be getting my $100 back because of "smoking in the room." We NEVER smoked in the room.

I repeatedly asked for Brandon's manager's contact information but he refused to give it to me.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your response. We have looked into the matter and we do apologize if our rules and regulations are not to your satisfaction. Unfortunately, we cannot waiver on our No Smoking policy, nor can we disregard our checkout policy. We do try to be as lenient as possible, however we do regret that we were not able to be as accommodating as you needed us to be. Happy travels!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

Unlike our usual stop-offs whilst touring (motels), this establishment is laid out in the form of an exclusive cul-de-sac on a quiet backwater off the main city highway. Each 'house' is, in fact, 6 apartments creating a roughly square block. There is a reception/lounge/breakfast room building at the entrance to the complex with a swimming pool alongside.
The accommodation consists of a through lounge/bedroom with provision to pull a divider across for privacy, if required. Off the lounge end and separated by a breakfast bar/divider is the kitchen area and bathroom whilst at the other end is a walk in closet and a sliding glass door leading to a private balcony.
The kitchen is furnished with a large electric stove,dishwasher,fridge/freezer,microwave and double sink with waste disposal.
In the lounge area is a sofa, desk with chair, flat screen tv and an open log fire. Air conditioning is ducted with the coolers placed outside.
Altogether, the unit was well equipped for a more prolonged stay and was clean and well decorated.
So far, so good. On the minus side, during our 5 night stay we failed to work out the logic in the housekeeping schedule. The in - room coffee maker started with 2 decaff. and 2 regular coffee pods along with four condiment packs. From the first day onwards this was replenished on a haphazard basis, sometimes only decaff. supplied at others only 1 or 2 pods replaced and on all occasions sweetener sachets were omitted. Towels, soap/shampoo and face cloths were always lacking the required replacement quantities. Despite having to go to reception on every day to collect what was not provided and at the same time politely pointing out the inconvenience caused there was absolutely no improvement during our stay and no apology!
Back to the plus side, breakfast was fine - fresh coffee and juice, hot patty, biscuit and scrambled egg always available. Yogurt and muffins were also to be had. In addition there was a waffle maker and toaster. The room itself had a good ambience and appeared adequately sized.
To sum up, a restful and pleasant place to stay let down by housekeeping and the indifference of staff to our needs - a bonus, however, being that for stays of 5 days or more the room rate was discounted.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RalphMidlands
DALLASHAWTHORN, Manager at Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Dallas Love Field Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2013

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to know your stay with us was overall a good one, and we are disheartened that our Housekeeping department was lacking. Rest assured, the issue has been taken care of and we look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.