“PERFECT for all of your lodging needs!”

Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill
Ranked #69 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed May 13, 2013

After being scarred for life when I checked into the hotel that I was originally supposed to stay at the night before my interview (DFW Hotel & Conference Center in Irving), we found this amazingly relaxing, quiet place at about 11pm. The front desk attendant was SO accomodating, sympathetic, and sweet. We didn't tell him the horror story that we had just went through with the other place, but when he asked what brought us there, we said that we had bad luck with another hotel. He not only gave us a military discount for my husband (unlike the above referenced hotel), but upgraded us from a king room to a king suite for a 1 night stay with no questions asked, and he did this complimentary! I am the nit-picking type when it comes to paying my hard-earned money for hotels, flights, etc., but this place is simply PERFECT. Big, comfy, fresh, clean linens beds are always a plus. The breakfast was super. There was no loud noises, children running, etc., and the road couldn't be heard from the room. I would love to stay here again if I visit the big D! Thanks so much for everything, staff!

Room Tip: AC not loud at all. Perfect nice, new tv and channels. DON'T believe all the other people'...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 21, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay with us! We appreciate the comments on the front desk staff and are glad that they took good care of you. We hear quite often that our rooms are quiet and you cannot hear the highway outside, or even from room to room. The building is made of solid concrete which helps with sound proofing outside noises. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next visit to Dallas!!

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I stayed at this Hampton location for 4 nights earlier this year, and found it to be a decent place to stay. While it doesn't have the "extras" of some pricier places, it was generally clean and comfortable, with fresh new bedding, fast free wi-fi, and a nice mattress. Yes, it's in need of updating in spots, but it isn't run down by any means, and it's convenient to the highway.

And speaking of which, my room was on the front side by I35 and I had no issues with traffic noise. (Closer inspection revealed that they have added thick, sound deadening mud to the room's walls... with the heater on, I didn't hear a thing) The area may be a bit sketchy to some, but is nothing compared to certain parts of Oakland and the Bay area.

For the room rate I received, I would definitely return

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate your comments with regard to how quiet our location is, we hear that quite frequently from our guests! We are glad that you had a good night's rest. With regard to updating, we will be renovating later this summer to include the guest rooms, front desk, lobby area, breakfast area and adding in a new enclosed business center as well. We look forward to seeing you the next time you come through Dallas!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

The Hampton and their Entire STAFF are WONDERFUL. Every time we stay there they are nice and willing to help in any way possible. From checking us in to recommending a good place to eat or have fun at. They are located just North of downtown and it is so easy to get on I35 to get to almost any place in the DFW area. I have stayed at other much higher priced places in the area and got a lot less room and no place close to the friendly service the people at Hampton in provide every time at the Walnut Hill location.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your continued business and wonderful comments!!! We are happy to be of service and appreciate our regular guests that frequent our hotel! You are correct with regard to our location within the DFW Metroplex, we are close to many of the major areas, downtown Dallas, Dallas Love Field Airport, DFW Airport, Irving/Las Colinas and convenient to Carollton/Farmers Branch as well.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is closely located to our main distribution center where we do most of our training and monthly meetings. Despite some of the other reviews I have had nothing but good things to say about Ruth and her staff. The neighborhood may not be in the best of areas, but, I have had no issues with security, etc. I am always greeted with a smile by anyone who is behind the desk, and, Ruth is always willing to accomodate with special request. Our stays are usually followed up by a short email to make sure everything was to our satisfaction. Breakfast is good, and, has been different each time I have stayed there. Local dining in the area is good, not great, but acceptable for business travel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments!! We appreciate your continued patronage and are happy to be of service. Our Front Desk Staff, as well as the Housekeeping Staff, have been with the hotel for years and take pride in their work and will appreciate your comments. I am glad that our location works out well for you when you come to Dallas!

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Lights in room: Clock Microwave Hairdryer TV Light on front and flashing light from behind TV Smoke detector was like a beacon above the bed Curtains would not close to block out light Light came in around the door bottom and sides I felt like I was trying to sleep in Time Square, never mind the wasted energy and cost to the hotel owner.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

We appreciate your feedback regarding our in-room amenities and apologize that they disrupted your sleep. We will take this under consideration when the hotel begins renovations this summer at which time we will be able to address these issues. The next time you're in the area we hope you will stay with us again.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

This hotel was dated, but, clean. Stayed there as part of a High School Band trip. Rooms were clean and roomy. Located right next to the highway which was under construction. Would not call the area "family friendly" and would not stay there with my family. Seemed to be very popular with school groups and sports teams. Tour company hired a private security guard during sleeping hours. Breakfast was wonderful with many selections. Even with being located right next to the expressway, the rooms were very quiet.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 4th floor and here was very little road noise.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments on the cleanliness of our rooms! We do hear that quite often from our guests. And you are correct, most find our rooms to also be very quiet even with being close to the highway. Our building is made of solid concrete to take into account our easy highway access. We hope everyone with the group had a good stay in Dallas and will be back again next year! We will be renovating the hotel this summer to update the rooms, lobby, breakfast area, workout area and adding in a new business center, so the next time you come back through, the property will have a whole new look!

Reviewed April 17, 2013

This hotel was fine for business because it was readily accessible to the highway. It is dated but was clean. The problem that I had with the keys in the door seems to be an issue with this hotel. I would not stay here again because of the location. Otherwise the hotel was clean and had cooperative staff.
If you are interested in nightclubs, liquor stores and lousy neighborhoods, this place is for you!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. You are correct, we are easily accessible to the highway and centrally located within the Dallas Metroplex and only minutes from downtown Dallas, Farmers Branch and the Irving areas, close to all major business complexes. Thank you for your comments on the cleanliness of your room, we hear that quite often from our guests that stay with us. As a point of reference, we will be starting renovations this summer to include the guest rooms, front desk, breakfast area and workout center. So, we do hope you will consider us again if you're in the area.