“Poor location, otherwise decent hotel.”

Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill
Ranked #60 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“Poor location, otherwise decent hotel.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

The Hampton was situated in an area with many nightclubs, off color neighborhoods, etc. However, the rooms were perfectly clean; alittle cramped but it was perfectly fine. Biggest issue with hotel was the doors coming in, took several times for the door to register key. Staff was very nice, courteous. No real dining options in area; best bet is Denny's. Very close to interstate, but I did not hear any noise (however my room was closer to other end of hotel).

• Stayed March 2013
Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you so much for your review, and I'm glad you enjoyed your stay. You had mentioned the lack of restaurant selections, however, there are over 25 plus area restaurants less than a mile from the hotel on "restaurant row", and I do apologize you were not provided this information. Besides Denny's that you mentioned, there is also Chili's, Johnny Rockets, Olive Garden, Pappa's BBQ, Pappasitos, Texas Land and Cattle, Wild Turkey, Burger King, etc..... The next time you're in the area we would love to have you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

The only thing that redeems this hotel on its location is its close vicinity to the interstate which makes it easy to come and go. Overall the hotel itself is pretty nice, clean, great service (they even have a managers reception), but it the rooms are pretty tight. Its one of those old-building-rennovation types of Hampton. The location, like I said, is rough. Strip club central, and rough part of town in general. We were even sketched out getting gas across the street. Its a good value overall and depends on your reason for staying. I wouldnt stay here with my family on vacation but because of the rate and closeness to the interstate I would stay here on business again. Its a good value, clean, updated with great service. If you enjoy the strip club scene then this is the spot for you.

• Stayed February 2013
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This is a typical Hampton Inn. It's clean and well maintained. It has a good breakfast, the treadmills, elliptical and Nautilus machine work in the fitness center, and the staff is friendly and responsive. The breakfast is more than adequate, including eggs, bacon (or sausage), Do-it-yourself waffles, fruit, yogurt, coffee, etc.

The bad part of this hotel is its location. It's located almost under an overpass and they're currently expanding the highway. So there's a lot of noise and traffic outside. In addition, it's in a part of town where there are a large number of nightclubs and the type of bars where some of the dancers aren't always completely clothed. Also, the wifi service was a bit iffy, but I blame that on the construction.

I spent two undisturbed nights in a completely comfortable and quiet room and with the large fence and locked doors did not feel at all unsafe. In fact I was quite well rested on that Hampton bed!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Not sure how we would have fared without a rental car. Luckily we rented one at DFW. This is a no frills Hampton Inn about 15-20 mins drive from the airport. The breakfast is modest, the gym solid and the free coffee drinkable. Rooms was surprisingly big, staff were friendly enough. Hotel is surrounded by chain outlets: Starbucks, Chillis, Taco Bell and... Walmart. Best to avoid the latter. Access to Downtown via an adjacent freeway (this is Texas) and took us 15 minutes on a Friday afternoon.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn Dallas North! You are correct, we are quick to downtown Dallas, with easy highway access and located about 8 miles north of the city center. The numerous restaurants that you mentioned, less than a mile from the hotel, provide a wide variety to select from while visiting the area. Since the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex is a rather vast area to tour, it is always best to get a rental car as to not miss out on any of the attractions. We look forward to your next visit to Dallas and the Hampton Inn Dallas North!
St Paul, Minnesota, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2013

It was very fast and easy to book a room here. This was a last minute booking and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. Loved the great location of the hotel, near the city center, with easy access to shops and restaurants.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thank you for your feedback!! We are happy that we were able to accommodate you on short notice and that our location worked out for you. We are located within easy access of downtown as well as the shopping and the restaurants that you mentioned. Please let us know the next time you are headed into Dallas, the staff at the Hampton Inn Dallas North looks forward to your next visit!!
Wichita Falls, Texas, United States
Reviewed February 11, 2013

After checking in, 70 high school students arrived. Manager put us on third floor in an end room. Never heard the 70 teenagers!! Also, management assured us he had called for extra wait staff for breakfast hours the following morning. It was busy but staff was on top of it... keeping bar stocked and tidy. Very impressed with the management's foresite and eagerness to make everyone comfortable. I will stay here again for our next tennis tournament in this area. Bravo Hampton Inn.

Room Tip: End rooms are smaller, but much more quiet than middle rooms.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful comments!! We are happy that we were able to provide a quiet stay for you even with a full house. We hear that quite often from our guests!! Yes, please let us know the next time you are headed to Dallas, we look forward to your next visit at the Hampton Inn Dallas North!!
Austin, Texas
Reviewed January 30, 2013

This Hampton Inn is fairly consistent, I have stayed here multiple times. The only issue is the location just a few blocks from some questionable areas. If you just need a place to stay convenient to I-35E then this is a good value. There is always plenty of parking and the breakfast is typical Hampton Inn (eggs taste like powdered eggs). But consistent with other Hampton Inns worldwide. The fitness center is small but it works.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Ruth G, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide feedback from your stay at the Hampton Inn Dallas North!! We appreciate our repeat guests, which is why the hotel will be updating the entire hotel later this year with a brand new lobby and breakfast area, updated fitness center, and guest rooms. Our staff takes pride in providing the consistency you mentioned with a clean, comfortable room every time. We look forward to your return visit to the Hampton Inn Dallas North!!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas I-35 Walnut Hill Ln
Courtyard Dallas Northwest
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas Market Center
Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch
Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas/Stemmons Fwy(I-35 E)

Been to Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill? Share your experiences!