The Walnut Hotel Dallas I-35 North
$184
$169
$159
  • Pool
All reviewshampton innwalnut hillfridge and microwaveclean roomslove fieldfree weightsgreat place to staydecent hotelthe breakfast arearecommend this hoteldesk clerkfitness roomeasy accessconvenient locationcomplimentary breakfastbed was comfortableenjoyed my stay
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Consistent Hampton Inn experience so that was good. There was contruction in the immediate area during my visit so you may want to check first to see if still going on as it was a minor inconvenience for drive and noise level. Very good location to downtown Dallas and the surrounding business parks on 35.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank skiguy33
Management response:Responded June 25, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments on the Hampton Inn Dallas North. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, except for the inconvenience of the highway construction.

The highway project is slated for completion by the end of the year, and we too look forward to this being a finished project.

If we can be of assistance to you in any way during your next visit to Dallas, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

Hotel was good the area did not make me feel comfortable.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Weld11
Jeanne N, Director of Sales at The Walnut Hotel Dallas I-35 North, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Hampton Inn Dallas North.

I understand your repsonse about the neighborhood, as we are located in a predominately industrial area, however, rest assured that our neighborhood is safe.

We look forward to the opportunity of hopefully welcoming you again to our hotel.

Have a great day!

Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this Hampton Inn for 3 nights while on business in the area. This is a older property but the room was very clean as well as the entire hotel. Breakfast was great. They also had an evening managers reception that was a plus. All of the staff was super friendly as well as the management. I am a Hilton Diamond member and do over 300 nights a year with all Hilton properties. This Hampton inn exceed my expectations. I would recommend this Hotel to anyone who is looking for a nice hotel with a friendly staff and that is close to the interstate. I will definitely stay here again if back in the area. I would like to say thank you to the staff for a great stay from check in to check out.

• Stayed: May 2012
Jeanne N, Director of Sales at The Walnut Hotel Dallas I-35 North, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Thank you so much for your nice comments on the Hampton. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay, customer service is what we strive for and always appreciate hearing that we were succesful.

Please know that we look forward to a return visit, and if we can be of assistance do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed May 8, 2012

This Hampton is right off the interstate, so it's convenient for getting around. The neighborhood itself isn't great. There's a huge parking lot and I parked at a side door which didn't work with my key. I re-parked at the front. The elevator and hallway didn't smell very fresh, so I was a little worried approaching my room. Once in my room, it was fine and met the standards of any other Hampton. On leaving the next morning, I was hit up in the parking lot by a guy asking for money, which kind of reflects on the neighborhood. Most importantly, the room was up to standards, but I wasn't real comfortable with the surrounding area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank ctyadmcc
Jeanne N, Director of Sales at The Walnut Hotel Dallas I-35 North, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2012

Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate the feedback of our guests, it helps us handle situations we may not been aware of.

We are glad that you felt that the accommodations were up to standard. I will speak with our housekeeper about the hallways not smelling fresh.

We apologize about your key not working, sometimes if the key is next to a cell phone, it "deactivates" the code.

We have a security guard on duty from 9:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. We do have the occassional vagrant and the Dallas Police also patrol on a regular area to keep these people away from all the business' in the area. I cannot unfortunately do anything about the general overall perception of the location, but please be assured that your stay will always be a safe one at the Hampton Inn.

We hope that you will give us another chance when you are back in the Dallas area. There are a number of projects that should be completed by the end of October by the City of Dallas that will drastically improve the look of the area.

Jeanne Nichols

Reviewed April 25, 2012

When in need of a place to simply stop for a night, we often choose Hampton Inns. They are never luxurious, but you almost always get a well-maintained facility with clean rooms and the basic amenities you need for a short stay, at a reasonable price. We were flying out of Love Field early in the morning, so chose this Hampton because it is fairly close to the airport, and just off I-35E. With the road construction on and around I-35E, and the proximity to the airport, this location was somewhat disappointing, and it's still a few miles from the airport, so not quite as convenient as you might think. Even though it wasn't all that close to the airport, we chose it anyway, relying upon the fact that Hamptons are a reliably-good option. The location was somewhat noisy, and just generally unattractive.

The exterior, common areas, lobby, hallways, etc were all somewhat shabby-looking and in need of some updating, which is unusual for a Hampton Inn. It appeared that there was some renovation/updating going on, as almost all the doors to the rooms had some sort of spackling smeared on them in places. One of the two elevators was not working. On the positive side (and the reason I gave them an overall "average" rating, instead of something lower) the interior of our room was just what we've come to expect from a Hampton Inn. It was clean, well-maintained and appeared to be relatively new.

So, perhaps this hotel is in the process of an upgrade/remodel, in which case, in a few months, it may be deserving of a higher rating, but until then, "average" is about the best I can offer, although, I doubt the quality of the location is going to improve much any time soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Jeanne N, Director of Sales at The Walnut Hotel Dallas I-35 North, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

We are truly sorry for the problems you experienced during your recent stay. We are in the process of renovating. We will have a new lobby by the end of this year, and are currently replanting around the hotel.

We appreciate your feed back and look forward to having you as a return guest. Please feel free to call me when you are back this way so that we may make sure you experience a true Hamptonality stay.

Jeanne Nichols