Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill
Ranked #58 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Dallas, Texas
“Great Night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2011

In areas with overwhelming heat, it was a welcomed surprise to find the room very comfortable. Very clean, evening snacks, friendly staff, very quiet room (couldn't hear freeway or raging storm that came through). Hampton Inns are our go to hotel and this was better than average. There was major road construction going on in front, but since the entrance is from the rear of the property, this was not problem. Hampton has the best bedding!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sspann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

The hotel was clean, staff was nice and there was a good restaurant next door, but the AC was terrible. 65 degree set point when it's 105 out equals 74 degree room. UGH!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank wgliradio
Jeanne N, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this review, August 15, 2011
We would like to apologize for your stay at the Hampton Inn Dallas North and the less than cool temperature in the room. Unfortunately, the air conditioning was broken and we were at the mercy of the repair men. Since it had been in the triple digits for many days, all the air conditioning repair men in Dallas were working non stop and we had to "get in line" with the others and wait for the repairs.

We did offer fans to all out guests, but fully understand that sometimes even this is not acceptable.

Fortunately, everything has been resolved and we now have a cool hotel again.

Thank you for sharing your concerns and if you are ever back this way again, please let me know and I will do my utmost to see that you have a pleasant "Hampton Experience"
Houston, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2011

I stayed here for 2 nights and the air conditioner was either off or turned down. And what kind of hotel provides fans for the rooms, i'll tell you what kind: the kind that has a broken air conditioner. Yeah the staff is nice but no air, come on. I was their with my family for a summer trip. But if i return to the dallas area, i won't be staying there. This is texas and you have to have hard working air.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jamesmjrs

Fortunately, everything has been resolved and we now have a cool hotel again.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2011

Excellent Staff and service
I really enjoyed my stays. breakfast is good. frontdesk is very helpful and very nice. rooms were clean.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Lakeway, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2011

I have stayed at this Hampton for many years, the staff and mgr are great, however I've never liked or felt safe at the location. I started stayiing there because my colleagues stayed there, I have to admit the happy hour and snacks are enough to be dinner, but location is horrible. I had just filled up my suburban with gas at the station across the street and when i got in the truck the next morning i realized it had been siphoned. When I got in and started the car the check engine light came on and said "fuel cap loose" .. they must have been in a hurry. Also there are always working girls on the corner and in the parking lot..(quite obivous)!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank peatrip
Thank you so much for sharing your experience during your stay at the Hampton Inn Dallas North. We were dismayed to hear that there were "working girls" in the area. I must tell you that we usually do not have problems of this nature.

We have a security guard that is on constant patrol from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. whose emphasis is to stop anything like this from happening.

If you are back in Dallas again, please give us the opportunity to be your hosts so that you may truly experience a "Hampton stay".
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2011

This was the cleanest Hampton Inn I've stayed in. Cleaning staff is superb. There for the Superbowl, so it was centrally located. I had a great stay and happy hour is wonderful. They had a tex mex theme with wine, soda and beer to wash it down every night. Great little gym and plenty of parking. Manager is personable, which gave it that intimate feeling. Great stay!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank gjohn510
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2011

Stayed at the hotel a few times all of which where very crappy.. took 25 mins to check in.. then the key did not work.. had to get another.. the front desk agents did not know good english aruged with me.. bed was not made..maids came in without knocking barley knew any english.. aswell.. when I came to hampton in 2008. There was a nice girl at the front desk knew good english named angel if I remember correct.. the manger was very mean and rude to her.. they really need a new manger... besides that the food was okay prices are a bit high for such a bad neighborhood..bums hang out outside gentlemens club very close not much of a choice of food..rooms are small..the staff talks another launage when u ask them a question. Rooms are outdated and smell of smoke.. the only good thing I can say is the happy hour was free...

• Stayed October 2010
1 Thank msdarkylnn
Ajitdb, Owner at Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill, responded to this review, March 23, 2011
We are sorry that the guest experienced a less than satisfactory stay. We only wish that we had known about this earlier as they were a guest in October of 2010, and the review was done in January 2011.

The Hotel was completely redone in 2006, and we are a smoke free hotel. Our rooms do vary in size, but are not "small". We abide by Hampton Standards, and feel some of the comments were not warranted.

We strive to make sure that our guests are pleased with their stay when they check-out. We do have the 100% Satisfaction guarantee, and would certainly have used it for this guest.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dallas
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas I-35 Walnut Hill Ln
Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas Market Center
Courtyard Dallas Northwest
Doubletree by Hilton, Dallas - Farmers Branch
Quality Inn & Suites I-35 / Walnut Hill
MCM Elegante Hotel and Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Dallas North / I-35 East At Walnut Hill? Share your experiences!