1,530 results
All reviews west end walking distance floor museum rooftop pool american airlines center downtown jfk dart meeting concert
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I brought my daughters to Dallas for an overnight stay, it was a great time the hotel was very clean and everyone was very helpful. The pool and workout room were very nice and clean the outside patio area relaxing. View of downtown at night from the 9th floor is very nice. Well, the room and cleanness was in par with the  Crowne Plaza brand name and the price was good too.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Michael R, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thanks for bringing your daughters for a short visit! Glad to hear all of our amenities were to your liking. Hope to see you back for another girl's night soon. -Brian Angerer

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

There are many pluses and negatives for staying at the Crowne Plaza Downtown hotel in Dallas. Negatives. The nearby transit hub attracts many homeless to the area making it quite unappealing during the day (I have no idea where they go at night). During my stay the Shuttle wasn’t available. The concierge said that as a result of construction the shuttle was unable to park in front of the hotel. What one thing had to do with the other is beyond me. The pleasant young lady that checked me in apparently does double duty as the hotel operator. Therefore she was interrupted several times to answer the phone. The rooms come equipped with a safe but no one could explain how to use it. The TV didn’t work therefore I had to call maintenance who made the necessary repairs. Clock in my room didn’t’ work. The hotel is old and undergoing a much needed upgrade. In my case construction workers often held up the elevators.
Positives The nearby transit hub makes it easy to navigate the city by use of its trolley system. Easy 10 minute walk to Dealey Plaza. Easy walk to fine dining on Main Street. Comfy beds and nice outdoor pool. The staff was friendly and always greeted me with a smile.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Michael R, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Sorry to hear if our construction and renovations prevented you from having an outstanding visit. We're working on making our hotel better, and we appreciate your patience during this time. As far as the location goes, there's not much we can do to help the surrounding areas, however, we are in such a convenient spot in relation to the DART and Dealey Plaza, as you mentioned. I hope you'll give us another chance to change your mind once our renovations are done.

All the best,
Brian Angerer

Reviewed May 9, 2019

I am an IHG member so I ventured this because this is one of the IHG brands. It was one of the worst experiences that I have had in a while. IHG should really be considering removing their label from this. They were painting and remodeling and the painter did not have signs up so my wives coat was "painted." The painter did not even seemed bothered. The front desk made us pay for our own laundry to get the paint out. They did give up some soap:) I would recommend another hotel.

Room tip: Choose another Hotel
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with family

I'm terribly sorry to hear about your wife's coat. I can understand how frustrating this is, and I'll be speaking with my staff soon about this. I hope you were able to get the paint off and enjoy the rest of your stay. -Brian Angerer

Reviewed May 1, 2019

Check in went smoothly and we were pleased with the room...nothing spectacular but plenty of room and the bed was very comfortable so we had a good night's sleep in a clean room and that's what counts. There is a TGI Fridays within walking distance. There are plenty of other places very near by so the area has plenty to offer as far as places to eat and shop. Would I stay again? Yes.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Michael R, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2019

Thanks for the support! Glad to hear you were pleased with your stay. Can't wait to see you back next time you're in the Dallas area. -Brian Angerer

Reviewed April 30, 2019

Really bad Hotel

I have stayed in hotels thousands of nights, I have been a diamond member of all hotel reward programs at one time or another, and I would have to say this was a really terrible experience.
I chose a crown plaza in downtown Dallas because past experience with crown plaza hotels led me to trust that this would be a nice hotel. Boy was I wrong Upon arrival, I noticed the hotel was under construction, my problems started at check-in.

1, when I booked the room online, I chose a king bed room, when I arrived it had me in 2 double beds. the front desk was able to get me into a 2 queen room but charged me an additional amount

2. I was told the construction wouldn't be noticeable on my floor when I arrived at my room, the door was open and they were trying to shove a couch into an area that a couch wouldn't fit,(see pic) and they were painting the ceiling on the floor but forgot to paint my room door. (see pic) 3. The area where the hotel is located appears to be very unsafe and not managed very well. Homeless people were sleeping next to the front door, scooters were laying all over sidewalk near the front entrance, and for some reason, I counted 9 police cars in

3 block area between the crown plaza and Dealey Plaza. My wife wanted to change hotels because she felt unsafe.
4. I drank my most expensive mix drink while in Dallas in their 80's holdover bar at 10 bucks for a captain and coke.
5. It appeared someone wiped there hindside with the shower curtain, I really didn't want to smell it to see if it was chocolate, but cleaning crew didn't notice it, for 2 days, so it's probably still there( see pic) my opinion, IHG needs to pull the crown plaza brand from this hotel, and maybe change it to a homeless shelter Dan

Room tip: stay away, much better options nearby
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Michael R, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2019

Daniel, I'm very sorry that you weren't properly accommodated during your stay here. We do the best we can given the location of our hotel, though I understand your frustration regarding your room not being exactly what you chose. I appreciate your feedback, as this helps us make the necessary adjustments moving forward. If you ever need a place to stay, we will always be here for you.

Brian Angerer