“Great location”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #129 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed May 9, 2014

The room was clean, modern and quiet. I was close enough to walk to Dealey Plaza and many excellent restaurants. Staff was attentive and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable (LOVED the pillows). I would definitely return.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2014

So happy to hear that you felt right at home with us, Lynne! I'll be sure to pass along your compliments to the rest of my team -- we feel lucky to have such a hard-working bunch here, so your kind words are much appreciated.

Hopefully you got to explore Dealey Plaza a bit while you were here -- it's a fascinating place, isn't it! Thanks for the good word and we'll hope to see you the next time you're in Dallas!

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown

Reviewed May 7, 2014

I enjoyed my stay at Crowne Plaza. It was my first visit to Dallas, was on a short business trip. I was delayed due to a snow storm and arrived the next day. The front desk staff worked with me and cancel my previous reservation so I didn't have to pay for an extra night. I really appreciated that since I was on a budget. They made me a new reservation and it was a bit more pricey but i didn't mind paying a few extra dollars since it was last minute anyway. The room was comfy with a view of Downtown Dallas. It's near everything, transportation, restaurants, etc. so you just need to pay for hotel stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2014

Thanks for staying with us on your inaugural trip to Dallas! I'm happy to hear everything was to your liking. I hope you'll think of us next time you're headed up this way!

Safe travels,

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I literarily captured a bed bug that crawled across my bed while I was doing paperwork. I called down to front desk, and the guy told me he would send house keeping up to clean and give us another room key. The woman (I think it was a woman, was hard to tell!) was by far the rudest person I've ever encountered. I met her in the hall, She handed me the new room key, looked at me like I was the fool (I don't know why....like, YOU'RE THE ONES THAT ARE INFESTED) and walked off. She never spoke one word, nor did she look in the room, or at the bug. I then got my things out of the hall and went down stairs to return the keys and let the desk know I would certainly not be staying... I even took the cup with the big in it down with me, The guy at the desk refused to give me a refund, and NEVER once apologized.

To me, having critters in my bed is a big deal... To crowne plaza and staff- it seemed to be completely normal.

• Stayed: May 2014
3  Thank Jesssprouse
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

I appreciate you bringing this to my attention, Jess. First and foremost, I want to assure you that this is not normal for us, and I hope you'll accept my apologies for the way this was communicated to you. Would you be willing to reach out to me about when you stayed with us? I'd like to follow up with my team about this, so any further information would be incredibly helpful.

Best,

Reviewed May 1, 2014

In particular I would like to thank Justin and Dale at the Front Desk and Chris from facilities. I was the presenter liaison for a large event taking place at the hotel over the weekend and while all of the hotel staff were incredible these three really went above and beyond in assisting me with whatever was needed. All that was necessary was for one of these staff to see me and they were at my side ready and willing to answer any question or assist me in dealing with any issue that did arise. As far as our guests are concerned everything was seamless in the background as we all worked hard to make this as much fun for them as possible. I don't think this would have happened without all of their help. I know I couldn't have done it without their help. Thank You!!!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

You are so kind to write such a nice review, Krystalyn. It was absolutely our pleasure to help make your event a success, and we couldn't be happier to hear that your guests were so pleased from start to finish. You have my word that I'll let Justin, Dale, and Chris know what a difference they made. We definitely like to celebrate a job well done around here, so I appreciate you shouting them out here. We'll hope to see you again when it's time for your next big event!

Cheers,

Reviewed April 30, 2014

We had a meeting there with 40-50 attendees. They were very helpful there. Enver in banquets was great.Stacey did a great job of finding 5 or 6 boxes sent to various offices. The restaurant / bar was cool

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write us a glowing review, Cam! It sounds like Stacey helped make your event a success, and we couldn't be happier to hear it. We'll hope to see you again the next time you're in need of a meeting space!

All the best,

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Great location for event we came to enjoy. Pretty old hotel in need of major upgrade to compete with nicer downtown locations. Seemed a little loud due to street noise. However, price was right with the accommodations and the staff was very helpful.

We would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! We definitely appreciate the feedback and will pass it along to our team. We'll hope to see you again the next time you're in our neck of the woods!

Reviewed April 30, 2014

Stacey at the front desk was really helpful and always welcomed you with a big Texas smile. I would recommend this hotel too all my friends and associates. I will stay at the Crowne on my next trip to Dallas. The business center was always assessible and serviced all my needs during my five day stay.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business

So happy to hear that Stacey helped make your trip such a success, Jerome! We feel lucky to have her on our team, so your kind words are much appreciated. Nothin' like a big Texas smile, is there? We'll look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Dallas!