Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #129 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

My family stay the first part of march. It was a great stay I like the restaurant was open till 10 each night an room service was open late too.. Amanda in the restaurant was so sweetheart she always had a smile on her face. . She waiting on us amanda she suggested we try the smash buger it was great.. my family will come back soon to stay an hope to see amanda

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

I'm so happy to hear that Amanda and the rest of our team was able to make your stay such a hit, Jade! You'll definitely have to come back and see us soon -- we'd welcome the opportunity to host you again!

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown

Reviewed March 23, 2014

I've never spent the time to write a review of a hotel, but my experience with the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Downtown Dallas was so atrocious that I feel obligated to provide future customers and the corporate office some critical feedback and fair warning.

Customer service at Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas was terrible in all respects. My reservation was confirmed and paid in full 5 months prior to my stay, yet when I arrived I was told the hotel had oversold its rooms and I was one of several people to get "walked" to another hotel much farther from the convention that I was attending. When I arrived at the hotel at 2pm I was told that my room wasn't clean yet, so they offered to take my bag while I went to the conference that afternoon. It wasn't until later that night (~6pm) that I came back to take my bag to my room that I was told that I had no room there. I learned from the conference housing office that this is commonly done for conferences that book blocks of rooms. In the block contract, there are stipulations that if the hotel oversells rooms, block rooms can't be refused. So my confirmed and paid-for room was given to someone in the block. Let that be fair warning to anyone not in a conference block during a concurrent conference at the nearby convention center.

The hotel I was moved to was a long way from the convention center and shuttle service was not offered until I insisted (which took 2 hours to negotiate). When I arrived at the hotel the next night, I was told by the front desk staff that I would have to take a cab (on my own dime) . It required an hour of discussion just to get them to honor the agreement that they made the night before and another 30min to get to my room that night. The person I dealt with ("R") had a most unpleasant manner about him, switching between patronizing and aggressive tones. I was in turns ignored, intimidated, disrespected, and yelled at. "R" suggested, in fact, that I was making a "stink" about this whole thing because I "didn't like being in Texas," and that perhaps I should "spend more time at the conference and less time making trouble at the Crowne Plaza."

The rate at the hotel I was moved to was $50 lower than the rate I paid (in advance) to Crowne Plaza. When I called the next day to ask about receiving a refund to cover this difference, the woman I spoke with ("M") deflected any responsibility, refused to contact a supervisor, told me that I should actually be paying them extra $ for each night, then with the words "I'm going to hang up on you now," hung up on me.

Took several more days and many more unpleasant conversations, but finally I was refunded the difference between the rates ($129 vs $179 over 5 nights), and both "R" and "M" apologized for treating me so poorly. I should note that I was just 1 of 5 others that were also "walked" that day, all of whom had confirmed room reservations. I would recommend avoiding this hotel if possible, and if you have no choice, be sure that you are booked through the room block if you are in Dallas as part of a convention/conference.

The silver lining of this whole experience was meeting Charles and Tyler, who both drove the shuttle. Very nice guys who should be promoted to front desk or manager positions.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank griffdr
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

We appreciate you reaching out about your experience, and are sorry that circumstances lead to our need to walk any of our guests. It sounds like we definitely dropped the ball service-wise on multiple fronts, and I hope you'll accept my sincere apologies for that.

However you are sharing excellent advice to any and all attendees to any city wide event. If your organization has taken the time to negotiate rooms and rates for an event you are attending it is very important that you book inside their block. Hotels in every city will protect the attendees that they know are coming. Hotels will look to the registered group block to identify these guests. If you have booked outside of the block, your group and hotel will not know to protect your reservation.

Thank you for providing such generous complements about Charles and Taylor. They are indeed appreciated by all of our staff. We will share your kind words with them.

Regards,
Mark Peck, Director of Operations

Reviewed March 21, 2014

I'm going to start by saying I don't understand the negative reviews I've seen on this hotel. My husband and I stayed there for a weekend in Feb for Valentine's weekend and found everything to be in top shape. The rooms were clean (a #1 requirement for me) and and the service was excellent. The free internet service worked perfectly, too. Each and everytime we requested something from the front desk or from housekeeping services our needs were met quickly and in a friendly manner. I can't think of one thing to complain about! And neither can my husband who complains about everything!! We will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Great View!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your support, Betty! We do our best to offer up a truly exceptional experience on all fronts, so I'm thrilled to know that's exactly what you got. You'll have to come back and see us soon -- we'd love the opportunity to host you again!

Reviewed March 20, 2014 via mobile

Stacy from the front desk and Brittany from Thrive are the very best ever. They made my stay so enjoyable!!! Mist helpful and the most fun!! They checked on us often to make sure we had what we needed and made sure we had everything we needed!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Martha S

Thanks for the kind words about Stacy and Brittany, Martha! It sounds like they helped make your stay wonderful, and I couldn't be happier to hear it. We'll hope to host you again the next time you're in our neck of the woods!

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My friends and I were in Dallas for a special event at the House of Blues a few weeks ago. We wanted to stay somewhere close (to save on transportation and parking, so booked the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas.) Upon arrival there was a small mix up on our reservation, but Melody quickly, and with a smile, took care of the problem and made sure we we got the adjoining rooms we wanted. Our rooms were very nice, very clean and all the linens, towels and pillows were fresh. The room itself was good size and the beds were comfortable. We had to call housekeeping for extra towels but they were quick to bring them and never once made us feel like we were asking too much! We were very pleased at the location of the hotel to the House of Blues, and also at the number of eateries surround the hotel - all well within walking distance. We're pleased we chose this hotel and plan to keep it on the top of our list for future trips to Dallas.

Room Tip: I always enjoy a room away form the elevators for maximum sleep quality...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Magikwyrkz4u
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2014

So happy to hear your stay with us was top-notch on all levels! The House of Blues is a great concert location, and I'm glad you got to experience it while in Dallas. That said, there's still plenty more for you to see in this city, so you'll have to schedule another trip soon. Until next time!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Right in the heart of downtown Dallas we found this great hotel! We expected clean, fresh rooms with comfortable beds, plenty of towels and all those little things that make staying in a hotel special. Well, that's EXACTLY what we got!! Plus the FREE internet WIFI was very easy to use. We had a small problem in the bathroom, but hotel maintenance was very quick to come and set things right. In fact, every single staff person we encountered was friendly and willing to help make our short stay very enjoyable. I have absolutely no complaints (except our stay was too short!!). BTW if you're looking for location while attending a House of Blues show, this is the perfect place!!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Alice H

Thanks for the good word here, Alice! I'm so happy to hear you got everything you expect from a hotel plus a few extra perks -- we do our best to go above and beyond for our guests, so your kind words are much appreciated. You'll have to plan another Dallas trip soon so you can stay a little longer! Until next time!

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Short and to the point... this hotel is not shiny or new. What it is, though, is clean, comfortable and very convenient. Located in the heart of downtown Dallas, everything I was in town for was walking distance away. Plenty of shopping, lots of eating places and entertainment. Spent a great evening at the House of Blues w/o worrying about transportation or parking costs. My room was exactly how I like - comfortable bed w/fresh sheets and towels. Housekeeping and front desk personnel friends and helpful. Add free wifi for my computer and I had everything I needed. Will stay there again on my next trip to Dallas.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms away from the elevator, but all are fine.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jim B

We work hard to provide all the comforts of home, so I'm glad to see that's what you got, Jim. I appreciate the kind words here and will look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Dallas!