“Very Nice and clean”

Ranked #127 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Los Angeles, California
“Very Nice and clean”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

It's a nice and clean hotel.the staff was very helpful and recommended lots of good restaurants & things to do in the area .Very Good service from the staff. I would recommend it to family and friends.

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Deebee2484
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Thanks for the lovely review! We work hard to provide a truly exceptional experience on all fronts, so I couldn't be happier to hear that you were impressed with our service and amenities. I appreciate your kind words about our staff — we have a hardworking bunch here and are always happy to know when they've made a great impression. We'll look forward to seeing you next time!

Cheers,
Shanna, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (227)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Found this hotel to be a mixed bag. It is difficult to know what image it is trying to convey with its very modern restaurant/ bar area atmosphere mixed with tired rooms. I had concerns over using the gym, which is located on a floor by guest rooms. It didnt feel secure, as the entry card slot was broken off. My husband and I decided to stroll by the rooftop pool. I would recommend Crowne Plaza close this area when the pool is not open as it has numerous tie - down points which are a hazard for anyone walking up there! I also question the security of a hotel that allows access from a public car park. The elevator will only take you to the hotel lobby but it is possible to reach guest room floors after that. I asked a member of staff if the mall shuttle was running...he answered " Well, we aren't too busy, so it should be". The answer sums up my confusion about this hotel. There are better places to stay.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Your feedback here is much appreciated, and I do apologize if there were some aspects of your stay that weren't exactly flawless. We're continually striving to provide an exceptional experience to each of our guests, and we'll be better able to do just that with your great feedback here. I'll be sure to follow up with my team in regards to your comments and, of course, please don't hesitate to reach out directly with any others — we're always happy to hear from you!
Best,
San Francisco, California
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I don't normally write reviews, but I just returned from a trip to Dallas and wanted everyone to know that the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Downtown Dallas treated us like FAMILY. From check in to check out, our every need was taken care of! Melody (at the front desk) was very patient with our requests and very accommodating! Once we got to our room, we were pleasantly surprised to find a very clean, fresh feel. The beds are comfortable and the hotel offers convenient Internet access right in the rooms! We were also very pleased with the shopping and site seeing all within walking distance of the front door. As a museum buff, it'll take me a few trips to get my fill of the Dallas historical sites to see. I will definitely book this hotel again in the future!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
What a lovely review, Jay! When you walk through our doors, you should expect to feel right at home, so I'm thrilled to know you were treated like family. We'll look forward to hosting you the next time you're in our neck of the woods!

All the best,
Encino, New Mexico
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I stayed for a few nights to catch my NBA team. Close to everything I needed! Comfortable room, great customer service! I am telling all of my traveling friends about this hotel! This is a place I will return to again and again!! Thanks for everything!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Lee T
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, February 27, 2014
Thanks for the great review here, Lee! We work hard to provide a truly exceptional experience to all our guests, so it's wonderful to know you were impressed on all fronts. I appreciate the kind words and will look forward to seeing you the next time you're in Dallas!

Take care,
KRUM
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Rooms were clean , service was good for the most part, though waiting an hour for the shuttle then giving up and walking back to the hotel would be a notable exception. The desk supervisor, Melody Landis , was extremely helpful in working to try to fix a transaction that was charged to the wrong card.Melody deserves five stars or more for her effort.
The elevators seemed slow but maybe that is to be expected on a fairly busy week-end.
Overall I'd give the hotel a 3.5 for my stay.
If it matters, I'd dock this site some for not being able to give a half in the rating circles.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I appreciate you reaching out with some great feedback here, Becky. Customer review sites are where we get food for thought on where we can improve, so your comments are incredibly helpful. I'll be sure to let Melody know you were impressed with all her efforts — we feel incredibly lucky to have such a hard worker on our team, so your kind words are much appreciated. Thank you again for the review and we'll hope to see you the next time you're in our neck of the woods!

Take care,
Ojai, California
Reviewed February 22, 2014

I loved this hotel. It was all about customer service. There is not one complaint here to be had. They were quick and on top of things. I asked for extra towels and cups and had them with in minutes. I have to say that this one of the best stays I have ever had at a hotel in Texas and I will be back for sure.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank A J
Ron G, Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, February 24, 2014
One of the best stays at a hotel in Texas? What a compliment, A! I couldn't be happier to hear that we've topped that list and that you were impressed on all fronts. We'll look forward to welcoming you back the next time you're in Dallas!
Cheers,
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We stayed for a few nights in order to see the college football game at Cowboys Stadium. The Hotel was located in an area that was easy to get around. The room was great and so was the service. Very close to restaurants and shopping while we were hanging out around town. Would definitely come back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MetalElvis
I'm incredibly happy to hear your visit with us was nothing short of excellent! The Cowboys Stadium is a great place to see a football game, and it sounds like you really got the most out of your visit to Dallas. You'll have to come back again soon — Dallas has much more to see and do!
Best,