“Old, but not in an elegant way”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #129 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

I picked this hotel for the price and location. Unexpected pluses: super convenient parking ($14 a day) and free Internet. The lobby was nice but the hallways upstairs were completely old and dated. The room would have been great if the rusty, dirty track for the closet door was replaced. The bathroom was 2 star or worse. There was tape on the shower head, damage to the bottom of the door, mold in the shower grout, terrible wallpaper, and a loose, cheap toilet seat. I was traveling for business and found the location perfect for attending meetings a block away and for visiting restaurants at night. I'd rather stay elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank Julie G
Shanna G, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2013

Dear Julie G

Thank you for your review. Your feed back is important for our success in the future, please email or call me so I can retrive the room number in order to correct the issues in the room that you stayed in. Please contact me at 214-742-5678 ext. 303.

Sincerely Chuck Hernandez

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown

Reviewed September 11, 2013

Lobby clean and inviting. Breakfast buffet nice and reasonable for around $10 each.
Free lobby computers and printer to check into flight and print boarding tics.
3 short blocks away from JFK and holocaust museum. Near aquarium.
Parking garage only $14 a day.
That's the good.
ROOMS...old rugs. Bed fair. My allergies kicked in here full force. I think due to old rugs.
The people we went with caught a roach in their room, water stains on the ceiling and ac didn't work. (they changed their room pleasantly). Their new room looked like ours.
McDonald's two blocks away.
Best part is nearness to tourist attractions.
Did not see pool.
Nice looking bar area but did not see it during open hours.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Connie B

Connie B

Thank you for your review. Your feedback is valuable to our future success. Please contact me via email or phone call so we can discuss the room number that you stayed in. 214-742-5678 ext 303

Sincerely
Chuck Hernandez

Reviewed September 6, 2013

It Stinks! The hotel manager is greedy and refuses to answer calls regarding a refund for $125.63 for an unauthorized charge to my credit card! See, their staff did not fulfill my early checkout in their system, and according to their records I lodged there one more night. I have disputed the charge with my bank and yet they insist on charging it, even though I have proven that I refueled in Houston with the same credit card the night they claim I was still in the hotel! Talk about poor customer experience and greed. I'll never stay at this place again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Alex B

Dear Alex B

I am the new Front Office Manager and I would like to try to resolve this issue for you. Please email or call me at 214-742-5678 ext. 303. Your time and business is valuable to me and the hotel.

Sincerely
Chuck Hernandez

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Staff here is amazing they do help and go above and beyond,
good business centre
good location
enjoyed the business trip stay except the rooms heating / cooling is awful taps have issues too. so maintenance issues are a pain at this hotel.
changed room many times but same problems. wasted so much sleep and precious business time :x

Please management if u read this u need to realize that the hotel will someday show its age. keep up with it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank kingjkhan
Shanna G, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Dear Kingjkhan, Thank you for saying how amazing our staff is. With the hot summer weather in Texas ACs can be an issue but we are striving to keep ours maintained. Donna M.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We needed an overnight hotel for a concert at the House of Blues in Dallas and found the Crowne Plaza Downtown fit the bill just right. The hotel is across from the city bus terminal and it looked like it could be a seedy joint... but it was very nice. The staff was helpful and quickly checked us in... one thing we didn't enjoy was the security for the elevators - had to enter a code to get to your floor. A little more information upon check in would have been helpful, but after our third "Up and Down" a nice couple helped us out. The room was clean and well appointed, and has a fridge in the room as well. I would stay there again!!
The pool was reserved for a private party the evening we checked in and we were offered free shuttle service around town because of the inconvenience.

Room Tip: higher floor rooms provide a quiet night
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nowiki

Dear Nowki, We are thrilled you found our hotel so nice. Our elevators are designed to swipe your room key to access your floor for security reasons and we are training all staff to ensure this is conveyed during the check in procedure. We want to keep our guests safe. Thanks, Donna M.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

From the moment of arrival to the hotel I felt as though something just wasnt right...That something turned out to be mulitple and numerous incidents throughout my stay. The hotels facade seems poorly maintained and outdated, the lobby is "nice" with decent finishes at best and the rooms and hallways have to be the worst I've seen since staying at motels as a child. The hotel does have a beautiful restaurant with lovely finshes but is overshadowed by the nightclub connected due to its patrons with little too no class. The hotels front desk employees are the ONLY positive encounter I had, however I could tell that they seemed understaffed / overworked and stressed. Where is the management? Is the question I had from the point of arrival to the point of departure. Through all of my incidents at the hotel from the room not being cleaned to being approached in the parking garage by random individuals seeking financial assistance, I finally asked to speak to the manager. A young gentleman, Michael, came from the back offices and stated he was the manager of the hotel, I say this because he didnt seem empathic or professional throughout my explaintion of occurances but rather defensive and aggresive. He did however offer me breakfast, how does this fix anything? I wasn't looking for anything free, I wanted confirmation that these items would be addressed and handled for myself and future guest alike. I declined his offer and was told the manager Donna would contact me? I thought he was the manager of the hotel? I have yet to hear from Donna and dont expect to at this point due to the lenght of time since my departure. I would highly recommened the hotel reconsider who they have in management and give praise to the individuals who work hard at the desk and create positive memories each day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lisa J J, Thank you for taking the time to let me know about your experiences during your stay. I would love to speak to you personally and I was never given your number. Please call me any time at 214-742-5678. Donna M

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The hotel itself was very nice. The bathroom was quite dated and the floor might need a facelift, but the room was kept tidy and the beds were fairly comfortable. We stayed at the hotel during a conference, which did make the wait for an elevator quite long. The staff were quite friendly and looked after us, especially with the shuttle to the nearby mall.

The main issue with the hotel is the location. To walk to The Sixth Floor Museum, you have to pass a bus stop with numerous aggressive people asking for money & food. It was quite off-putting, especially in the evening. It is a shame, because there is a nice with restaurants and bars just around the corner. We didn't fell too comfortable walking to and from the hotel at all.

Although I can't really fault the hotel, I won't be staying there if I visit the Dallas area again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Shanna G, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2013

Dear tjs010, We are so pleased you enjoyed our hotel, staff and free shuttle to NorthPark Mall. Thank you for posting your comments. Donna M.