“Great Hotel, Great Location!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #129 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Downtown in Dallas cause was going to the Major League Gaming Pro Circuit at the Dallas Convention Center. My whole team stayed at the hotel along with me an we loved everything you guys had to offer. I would give this hotel a 5/5 review but we were there for gaming an could not practice in hotel with our Xboxs hooked together reason being we could not connect to the internet. They need to put a passcode on there when you connect an not have to load up a web page to accept terms an conditions. One other small thing I didint like was they did not give us free breakfast, seems like for the price you had to pay they would have offered a free meal but you got to pay to eat down on the 1st floor. The people there working also was very nice an helped me if I needed any questions answered. If your wanting to visit Dallas Downtown area this is the place to stay!

Room Tip: Try to find a room on the highest floor you can reason being the Dallas skyline is amazing an they v...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Clint M
Thank you for your time, feedback and kind remarks. Have a great day!
Deanna

Write a ReviewReviews (1,347)

Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 6 nights for a Convention in Dallas. I chose the hotel for its convenient location - walk distance to the Convention Center - and the price. When I arrived the first room I was given smelled funny and was dark. Staff promptly changed the room to a brighter and no funky smell one. Room is ok, but could be better. The shower is not tall enough, you have to bend your knees to shower and I'm not that tall - 1,76m.
The location is apparently fine, but it is close to an area where I did not feel safe, when I tried to go down Elm Street to go to the Sixth floor museum.
Overall, the price is ok, but I expected a little more from the hotel.
To make matters worse I left my coat on the desk when I checked out and called the hotel from the taxi on my way to the airport, but no one has seen the coat there. I even sent pictures of the coat but had no more replies after the first one.
I believe there are many things to be improved in this hotel and for the same price you can get something better.

• Stayed: March 2013
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Dear Robertaferraz
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We always appreciate feedback that allows us to better serve our future guests. I would like the oppurtunity to speak with you directly about further details of your stay. Please feel free to call me direct at the hotel main line.

Reviewed March 26, 2013

business center available as well as shuttle to/from sites.
shuttle driver gave a comprehensive tour of sites in the city.
He gave valid restaurant suggestions
room dark, clean
staff helpful
lobby functional
suggest "healthy snacks" rather than chips.

Room Tip: temperature adjustable. a seven pillow bed

Dear raweinstein,
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Downtown and for taking the time to share your thoughts with us and our future guests. We are excited to hear we met all of your needs and hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Unbelievable experience! My husband and I flew into Dallas March 21 early. We had come in for a convention and I was down with a darn good cold. We were so early there was not a room ready. Understandable of course. We went and set up and came back around noon. My WONDERFUL front desk gal Donna was trying to get us a king bed and at that time I mentioned 2 beds were just fine and my husband would probably appreciate me not sneezing in his face for 3 nights. Well the next thing is the phone rang. Donna wanted to know if I'd like some soup. Which I said that would be awesome. But I could not have ever guessed what would happen next. The manager calls and the chef is making me fresh chicken noodle soup. Then 10 minutes later in comes the chef and the mangaer hand delivering me homemade chicken noodel soup! Cheesecake and a gatorade!!! It was such fun! And made me feel a whole lot bettter. My husband was sure the cheesecake was for him...lol.. Not only that the whole staff/shuttle driver everything about it was amazing! Thank you so very much Crowne Plaza and Donna[who phoned to check on me after too!] Besides the location also was great! We will be back!

Dear Diana E
Thank you for taking the time to give your feedback. I am so glad to hear we helped to turn your day around and you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you are feeling better.
Come back and visit again soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I was just in Dallas for a conference at the Dallas Convention Center. I had a great experience with the staff and my room was fine…no mold or bad smells in my room as a couple of the other reviewers mentioned. The neighborhood is fine with great restaurants within a couple of blocks and it’s a very short walk straight to the Convention Center so it was very convenient. I would certainly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

So wonderful to hear your stay was a success! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us and our future guests. We do hope to serve you again soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The hotel is centrally located in the downtown Dallas area. The lobby and rooms are clean and updated. The hotel staff are friendly and always seem eager to make sure your needs are met. There are several good restaurants within walking distance and the breakfast buffet is pretty decent. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for the South, or East view, or there's not much to look at.

Dear Arthur R
Thank you for your time and the kind words. We hope you'll visit again soon!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The tub drained so slowly I showered in standing water. The bathroom in general could use a good scrubbing. The room was fine--I appreciated the large refrigerator and microwave. I had a complicated bill and the front desk staff--Kandy in particular--was helpful in figuring it all out. The bell captain was slow and hard to reach. The restaurant was more charming than expected, prices were reasonable, and waitstaff excellent, especially Angel. Location is great. I arrived 4 hours early and was let immediately into my room. The front desk staff was especially accomodating and friendly.

Room Tip: Higher floors have less traffic noise.

Dear JWat227
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and thank you for your time and great review. We always appreciate constructive feedback and will use it to better our hotel and guest's experiences. We hope to have the opportunity to serve you again soon!
Thank you!