“Great Staff But Rooms Need Improvement”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #129 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed February 24, 2013

This hotel has some of the nicest employees that I have ever met. It was obvious they take pride in providing great service.

The room itself had a very noisy furnace fan. After being awakened every time it kicked on and off I had maintenance look at it. The noise level was slightly reduced but still very disruptive to sleeping. I had to turn the heat off at night for the remainder of my stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear Kaye N
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. I appreciate your kinds words about our team and always appreciate feedback that will allow us to improve. I'm so sorry about the disruptive noise in your room. I hope you'll come back to visit again and give us another chance to make your stay comfortable.

Reviewed February 23, 2013

I recently traveled to Dallas for a real estate convention with Keller Williams and stayed 5 days at this Crowne Plaza. I can not say enough about the staff. Zack, Kandy, Tijanda, and Donna made my stay exceptional. If I had a 1 to 10 scale, I would give them at 12.

There was a mix up on a welcome gift that was provided by a friend of mine and I did not receive it. Donna, took it upon herself to produce a Welcome to Dallas basket for me that was full of fruit, candies....including a Dallas boot filled with almonds, chips, drinks, and much more. Zach should be a manager. He addressed situations before they became problems... I will stay here again and you should too.

Room Tip: I was on the 12 floor, but would recommend the 15th.

Dear Bill B
Thank you for the kind words and for taking the time to share them with our staff and our future guests. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and the gift basket. We hope you'll visit again soon!

Reviewed February 22, 2013

We stayed three nights, 22nd January 2013 to 25th January 2013, at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown before venturing on to Fort Lauderdale to board a cruise liner. The staff were extremely welcoming and greeted us with happy smiles. As a Priority Club member we received a welcoming gift and a discount card to use in the restaurant. The position of the hotel was very central and we were given excellent instructions on how to use the bus system to travel to various points of interest. The hotel rooms were very clean and nicely furnished. We also had a wonderful view of the Dallas skyline from our balcony. I would recommend this hotel to my fellow travellers from Australia.

Room Tip: Enjoy the view from a balcony room.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Julie G
Thanks so much for taking the time to share such a detailed review and for choosing to stay with us! I'm glad to hear you felt taken care of and enjoyed your visit. We hope you'll come back to visit again.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Last week I was attending a function at the convention center in downtown Dallas. I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas which was only a few blocks away from the convention center. I was greeted by a woman actually from East Tennessee. It was amazing to see her eyes light up as she looked at my ID. Donnna told me she was born and raised just outside of Knoxville and it was evident in her true southern hospitality. She went out of her way to print me maps to locations and help me find things to do all week. I especially liked that on my last night she helped me open a bottle of wine since room service had already closed. So if you still like southern hospitality and staying with great service then I recommend the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas as the place to stay.

Room Tip: chose a room on the top levels the night lights are beautiful
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Dear Lost TN L
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza! I just know Donna will be delighted to hear of your review. We look forward to having you back in Texas and serving you again soon!

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our wonderful get away started with the cheerful, knowledgable front desk staff, Ingrid and Katerina! Their kindness and professional attitude made our trip!!

Great room, wonderful breakfast and perfect location!

We will be back soon!!

Virginia Morris

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear IrishLife2
We are so glad to hear your visit was a success! I shared your comments with Ingrid and Katerina in our department meeting. We are looking forward to serving you again soon!
Have a great weekend!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

During my stay at The Crowne Plaza, Mr. Chris Leagley was wonderfully accommodating and a true delight. He was extremely helpful and knowledgeable about surrounding attractions. I was greeted with a gracious smile and left bearing the same! Thank you so much for a lovely experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Deanna M
Wow! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us, Deanna! It is a huge compliment to know you left wearing a smile. That is our main goal. I just know Chris will be thrilled to hear you had a delightful time. Please come back and visit us soon. We would love the chance to serve you again!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I stayed here for a conference in February 2013. It's clean, comfortable and the staff are friendly and helpful. The meals were good and the kitchen staff accommodated my vegetarian diet. There is a nice bar on the main floor. The hotel is within walking distance of restaurants, the Sixth Floor Museum (which is well worth a visit) and other points of interest. The rooms are somewhat dated, but still comfortable, and the internet connection worked well when I was there.

Dear Martha 123
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and thank you for staying with us! It's so great to hear that you had an enjoyable, comfortable stay. I will be sure to share your review with the team and we hope to serve you again soon!
Thank you!