“Great for the price!”

Ranked #128 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“Great for the price!”
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My family and I stayed here in early December 2012. We traveled to Dallas from Houston to see the Rockettes holiday show and to see the Children’s Medical Center Holiday Parade, which I highly recommend. The hotel was in a great location for seeing the parade. The hotel is located close to the bus station, so there are a lot of people standing around at all hours of the night. The hotel and the parking garage seem relatively safe. The only weird thing about this hotel is that there is a night club located inside the lobby.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, February 9, 2013
Dear Amanda D
We are so excited to hear you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed Dallas. Thank you so much for choosing our hotel. We love it when our guests take their time to give us feedback and make reviews for our future guests. We always discuss our reviews in our operations meetings and address areas where guests feel we have room for improvement. We appreciate you and look forward to serving you again for the next downtown parade or event! Have a great weekend!
Deanna

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The Crowne Plaza is one of the most affordable hotels in downtown Dallas, so it's worth considering if you're on a tight budget. On the downside the hotel feels old and has numerous annoyances.

I have stayed in rooms with air systems that make a horrible clanking sound. The hotel staff was nice enough to move me once but it's a problem that occurs in varying degrees in different rooms. There is also a bus depot next door and rooms on that side vibrate when buses are idling at the street level.

The staff have always been nice, and willing to help when something wasn't right. For that reason I think the Crowne is worth considering as long as you know that the rooms are generally below average.

• Stayed December 2012
Hi Big_Apple_Texas
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza! We are excited to hear that you had great service. We are very sorry for the bus noise and ac noise. I will take your review back to my team and we will be addressing your areas of concern. We are super appreciative you took the time to give us this great feedback and it will allow us to serve you better in the future.
Thank you again for your time and review. Have a great weekend!
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed February 6, 2013

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza hotel in downtown Dallas during the first week of Feb. 2013.
The hotel is OLD. The lobby and the rooms are old looking and the carpets and furniture are not from this century.
But I guess that I noticed all the bad things about this hotel since I had very unpleasant stay in my room.
I stayed at 1911 on the 19th floor and there was a very bad fresh paint smell that didn't pass for the entire stay. I could have asked to switch rooms by my friend who was with me at the hotel had to transfer 4!!! rooms until he found a decent one. In addition I stayed in room only for few hours every night and didn't really have time to transfer rooms.
Bottom line is that the hotel is close to everything and that's its only advantage.

Room Tip: Don't stay at the 19th floor
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Hi tbarnea
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza and thank you for the feedback. We are so sorry we were not able to meet your expectations and hope to have another chance in the future. Meanwhile, I will take your comments back to the team and we will do our best to address the areas you mentioned. We always appreciate any feedback that will help us to serve our guests better! Thank you again and have a great weekend!
Deanna

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Reviewed February 5, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for three nights on Jan 13. Overall the hotel is in good quality, well located and with good quality rooms which included all necessary facilities for a business traveler (Safe deposit, Fridge, Strong WIFI, working station, Etc.). The staff are nice and pleasant, however... I had to switch no less then Four rooms (!) in the first 24 hours due to a very strong unpleasant scent of paint in the bathrooms and rooms, which actually made me dizzy and made it almost impossible to be in the room. I should state that the front desk was very helpful and tried to assist every time, however i would have expected from a hotel at this level to disable rooms which were painted until they are ready to use again, and thus prevent the inconvenient I had to endure. BTW - this was the same case also for threes other gusts from my party who were forced to change their rooms.

Room Tip: Until the paint smell is gone I would avoid all rooms on the 19th floor and room 1102 on the 11th fl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hi Yoav G
I sincerely apologize for the unpleasant paint smell you encountered on your stay and for the inconvenience you suffered in the room moves. We are pleased to here you did finally get comfortable and enjoyed the service we delivered. I would love to speak with you directly about more details of your stay. Again, we thank you for choosing our hotel and hope you will come back to visit soon.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Roxie and Terry thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. Everyone was on top of their job and extremely gracious, from the front desk to the lounge our stay was made special. Terry is going to switch his business trip lodging selection to this Crown Plaza when headed for Dallas. immaculately clean and comfortable with a super downtown location. Walk to the 6th floor museum or the west end night life. A special thanks to Ingrid for her dedication.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Deanna P, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Hi R0xter
Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and your time in Dallas! Ingrid will also be pleased to hear you had a great experience! Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit to Dallas!
Reviewed February 3, 2013

Jaclyn and Ingrid made certain that my stay was exceptional. Definately will stay here if anywhere close in proximity. Breakfast was the best buffet I've had and the free voucher was a classy touch. Great area, a lot of nice establishments within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2013
Hi JustinG3231
Thanks so much for staying with us! We are excited to hear you had a great time and we look forward to serving you again soon!
Have a great week!
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I had a rough day traveling and had a reservation hiccup. Jaclyn and Donna handled the issue and got me off to a wedding rehearsal on time. The location is ideal too. Close to everything, even a 7/11 is close. Enjoyed my stay and willI be back again. Thanks, ladies!

• Stayed February 2013
Hi Travelingfan99
We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed the city and our hotel! I will be sure to pass your great comments along to Donna and Jaclyn! Thank so much for choosing Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown and come back soon to visit!