“Clean, simple and reasonable”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown
Ranked #128 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Mortlake, Victoria, Australia
“Clean, simple and reasonable”
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Nice and clean,. Simple layout and reasonably priced.
Decor is a little dated but the rooms have Comfortable beds and the location is handy to everything.
Staff were very friendly and helpful.
It is within walking distance of the Book Depository and we were able to leave our car there while we explored.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brian A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, January 18, 2015
Dear Valued Guest,

We, at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown, appreciate your comments, suggestions, and the fact that you stayed with us. We are currently going back through and touching any reviews that we did not respond to, just to let you, our valued guest know, that we do look at them and appreciate them. We also want all of our guests past, present, and future know that we will address any concerns brought forth, as we attempt to improve our property in every way possible. Thank you all again for your patronage and taking the time to review us here on tripadvisor.

Crowne Plaza Dallas Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
Reviewed November 19, 2012

This was my first time in Dallas. At a conference and decided to stay at the Crowne Plaza Hotel. Check-in was online and very easy. The location is very nice especially if coming in through Love Field. Service at front desk was expeditious. The hotel is medium sized and lobby is lovely. The room was lovely and comfortable with a large LG flat screen TV. I had excellent WiFi as well.
The amenities were nice with 24-hour fitness center (excellent treadmills) and business center. Elevator service was excellent with no long wait.
The Thrive Bar was also convenient and nice.I would indeed stay here again and recommend it to others.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Janet C
Brian A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, January 30, 2015

la porte
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I travel extensively across the states and over seas and live off of reviews. I am not one to give many reviews but my stay at the Crown Plaza really tipped me over the top to sit here an give the best review ever. I read the reviews about the Crowne Plaza on ELM and they were not so good, but it was so close to my destination that I could not pass it up and very glad I did not. I started out by meeting one of their managers Rikki Bennett, she approached me asking about my stay and from there on it just got better and better. I was very suprised on how courtious their staff was, every person who passes you by wether it be a maid, bell hop they all have warm greetings and ask if anything is needed (this alone is not found in many hotels). I stayed at the OMNI just down the street and did not receive the service that I had at the Crowne Plaza on ELM street in Dallas.

The rooms are up to date, clean and the beds and pillows are very sleepable, as again I do not find many with this. The breakfast and lunch menu's are outstanding and the price matches it as well. I will just say this, I met the chef Alberto Medina and I have to say DO NOT PASS UP THE CHILI WHEN YOU VISIT!!!!!!

There is not enough room for me to give the full review because I could go on for days. I met many of the staff who made my stay feel like I was part of their family, Victoria Chavez being one of them. Her, as well as Rikki's warm smile and daily greeting has made me want to come back and stay with them again and again. If I ever return to Dallas, and I am pretty sure I will, I will most definitely be staying with the Crowne Plaza on ELM street.

I will end my review with this, I have made two personal friends and will keep in touch with them as time goes, something I could never say about any other Hotel I have ever stayed at before. The saddest part of my trip was I had to leave.

Thank you Rikki for caring about your guest and making my stay the best stay I have ever experienced in my entire life traveling.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Brian A, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Dallas Downtown, responded to this review, January 22, 2015

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 14, 2012 via mobile

Stayed two days for a meeting and was impressed at how friendly and responsive the staff (front desk, bar, maids) treated all customers; even better was the quality of he soups, briscuit, and sirloin roast - I was looking forward to having our group meals! Rooms and lobby were average at best, but the location makes it easy to venture out to see and eat in downtown.

• Stayed November 2012

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Charles & Walter assisted me daily with the hotel shuttle service. They were always helpful, on-time, and courteous. I'm planning to stay at this property again next year because of their great service.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed November 5, 2012

From the incredibly helpful and friendly staff to the comfortable and clean rooms, the Crowne Plaza Downtown Dallas gave us great value. The location is perfect - we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to. We will return!

Room Tip: We forked out an extra $15 to get a balcony room - well worth it!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank M Charles F

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I was in Dallas on business and found the location of the hotel very convenient for that purpose. The room was good and I must say it was the most comfortable hotel bed I have slept in for a long time. The bathroom could use some updating (old tiles in the shower showing their age). I found still water sitting in the coffee maker so decided not to use it. I was not impressed with hair in the bath tub but just rinsed it out. The breakfast buffet is excellent and very reasonably priced at $10.95. The front desk staff are very courteous and helpful. There is a complimentary shuttle that will drive you to locations within 2 to 3 miles of the hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business