Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center
Ranked #80 of 212 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Avery good place to stay. Comfortable, clean room with plenty of space. There were 3 person in the room and I slept on the sofa sleeper which was comfortable also. Big bathroom and 2 large screen tv's. The breakfast in the mornings made the day not having to drive to find breakfast before business meetings. I will stay there next time I visit the area.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Jeff J, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2015

Write a ReviewReviews (1,047)

Reviewed August 11, 2014

Had a 2 bdr suite for 3 of us for a concert in Dallas. Comfortable and affordable. Will look o stay here again. Breakfast was good as was the evening reception. Close enough to saty for downtown, West End or Greenville activities. Lots to do around the hotel, just not much within walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Thanks for your review

Reviewed August 11, 2014

I visited this hotel for business recently and the hotel was unclean, old, and unfriendly. There was crumbs from the previous guests' stay and the overall cleanliness is not something to be desired, not comfortable AT ALL. My refrigerator didn't work. The internet is extremely slow and often cuts out not letting you complete your work. Do yourself a favor, don't stay here. You could easily find something a lot better for a much better price. To top it all off, I shortened my trip by a day and still got charged for the full trip.

Room Tip: Don't stay here at all.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank L E

Sorry to hear about your experiance, we have a new team here and we are looking forward to making these corrections.

Reviewed August 10, 2014

We were in dallas for a ck up at childrens hospital and had to stay over for more test, embassy suites made a stressful situation, bearable, great room at a great price, breakfast was great, pool was great,

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for your review!

Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife books this hotel about every other year or so to bring a group of high school students on a field trip to Dallas. We have also stayed at Embassy Suites in other locations and have enjoyed the experience.

We decided on a last minute mini vacation to Dallas for four nights, two adults and four kids. Dallas is a six hour drive from our home.

The reasons we like Embassy Suites are the large rooms and the breakfasts. While many other hotel chains offer breakfast, they may be good but you are often cramped into small crowded dining areas.

The people who work here that I encountered were all very nice.

This particular Embassy Suites is in an ok location. No close restaurants except for a Whataburger which is actually very good for fast food. GPS in the car was necessary to navigate Dallas. Don't leave home without a GPS in your car unless you know where you are going.

Upon arrival, after a days drive, the kids were wanting to swim. We were disappointed that the pool was closed for repairs. Management could not give us a reason why it was closed or when it was planned to reopen. We explained with four kids, it was important to swim.

Our room did not have enough towels. It took two phone calls to the front desk to get extra towels. This was an ongoing daily issue. One of the bed comforters had food stains on it and looked like it had never been cleaned.

Checked in at the front desk the next morning. The head of housekeeping was there. She had problems with cleaning in the room taken care of and said pool would be open later in day. We swam for a little while when we got back to the hotel in the evening. I noticed some of the kids from other families were saying their eyes were burning. Two of my kids jumped out when their eyes started burning. It also triggered an asthma attack with one of them and I had to rush them up to the room and get the inhaler. I then had to rush out and find a pharmacy and buy Benadryl.

When I got back the door to our room would not latch into the doorjamb and it would not deadbolt. This was at 10:30 pm and it took two trips down to the front desk to get a maintenance man to come to our room. The maintenance man piddled around with it for a little bit, left to find parts and finally had to disassemble the electronic lock and change out the entire locking mechanism. He told us we might want to change rooms. I checked but it would involve changing floors. Our floor was sold out. I didn't want to change floors with two sick crying kids who were being kept up already. He finally fixed the door at midnight.

Thanks to Patricia at the front desk for taking the initiative to help us out in this situation. She was very empathetic and I appreciate her very much.

Gabbie at the front desk the next evening was kind enough to ask how we were doing. Thank you!

I reported the pool situation and they said they would check the pH. It was ok the next day.

Because of the hell we were going through on our second day, we were given a password to access the internet. It is a joke to pay for internet at a hotel, especially at the speed this one works. It should be free. Guests appreciate these perks.

This hotel was an overflow site for a Mary Kay convention. It felt like the staff was a little overwhelmed handling this group.

When we went to breakfast it was difficult to find a place to sit. This was not because it was crowded because the tables were all covered with dirty dishes. The staff is very, very slow about cleaning tables. I noticed they might clear a table but they would not clean it leaving crumbs etc. on the table.

A limited amount of towels are placed in the pool area each day. Most days they ran out and no one was checking to see if new towels were needed to be stocked.

The afternoon snacks are very nice and convenient.

Our room faced the Stemmons freeway. Vehicle noise did not bother us. It was very quiet in our room. We were never bothered by noise from other rooms.

The hotel feels relatively secure. the side doors stay locked 24/7. When we were checking out we were loading the car at the front door. A panhandler came up to us in the parking lot wanting money and he was a little aggressive. We turned him away. He then went in the front door. I took the luggage cart in and he was asking hotel guests in the lobby for money in view and earshot of the front desk. When I came in he took off out the front door. I told the girl at the front desk he was harassing people for money and it was like "Oh".

While your experience may vary, I feel this hotel is a decent place to stay and the staff is very pleasant. I have the feeling the upper-level management are not aware of the day-to-day situations guests may encounter. I think the problems I encountered and the problems I have read about in other reviews would not be happening if upper management were keeping themselves informed. Relying on TripAdvisor reviews alone is not a way to find out what guests are experiencing.

Room Tip: Want a good view? Asked for a room as a high as possible (hotel has nine floors) and facing the eas...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family

Thanks for your review

Reviewed August 3, 2014

This is an older ES hotel that's been renovated. The atrium seems to have been renovated more recently than the rooms. Aside from the smelly shower curtain, the room wasn't bad. An extra sink in the bedroom made getting washed and ready in the mornings easier with four of us sharing the bathroom. The cooked to order breakfast was great. However the Saturday morning crowd consumed pancakes as soon as they were placed in the buffet. Manager's reception included chips, salsa, ranch salsa, a couple of pasta dishes, wine, beer, sangria, and margarita on the rocks. Very nice perk! Pool was closed for repairs so we used hot tub, which felt nice for as long as we could stand the fumes from the chlorine. The hotel was full between the Mary Kay convention and a large family reunion, but we didn't encounter problems with noise or elevator delays. It was a decent stay.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Rose M

Reviewed August 2, 2014

I only was at your hotel for a family reunion. It was an ejoyable one during our stay there.I always enjoy staying at the Embassy Suites. Your front staff did a very good job, getting all of my family members checked in.Your over all staff were marvelous.If we ever take another family reunion there in Dallas,i will prefer staying at this location.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family