“One week business trip”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center
Ranked #79 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 12, 2013

The hotel is really poor with its facilities..basic needs are not function.. I would never ever stay at this location. Poor internet speed Phone system did not work No paid movie option Front desk response was poor. it took 3 calls and 1 hour to get a simple item delivered

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Matthew G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2013

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent stay, I sincerely apologize that your experience was less than desirable. I take the satisfaction of each guest personally so please rest assured that I will be addressing the items you brought to our attention. I do hope you will decide to give us another opportunity to host you in the future.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

We always stay at Embassy Suites when we can because of the great accommodations and the premium breakfast. The accommodations were excellent. The breakfast experience was terrible! No coffee was available. The food bins were almost empty and very messy and unappealing. We have stayed ay Embassy Suites many times and we have never experienced a bad breakfast until this stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
Matthew G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Thank you for your review, it is great to hear how much you enjoy Embassy Suites and that you found our property to be excellent! I do apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during our complimentary breakfast, please know that is not the norm for us. It is very rare that we host over 800 ASU/Notre Dame fans for breakfast so I can promise a much better breakfast experience for you during your next stay.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Another ES, another win. Sure the decor is straight 70s and never updated but you get a suite, large breakfast and cocktail hour, your standard courtyard accommodation. Everything you need, nothing you don't!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Matthew G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to review your recent stay with us, we greatly appreciate it. I hope you enjoyed our newly renovated property and would love to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

We love Embassy Suites because of the two room set up which gives you plenty of space. The room was clean and bed was ok, I dont think it was as good of a bed as we had at the Corpus Christi Embassy Suites. Thing I noticed most was the staff was not as friendly and helpful as we are use to in Hilton chains. The morning staff for breakfast , especially the chef aimed to please, but the evening reception was not staffed well. Tables not cleared and did not seem to refill appetizers without being asked to do so. In fairness it was booked the weekend we stayed there .Still should have prepared for that.

Room Tip: We were on a higher floor. Was quiet. We always request to be away from elevator and highways.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Matthew G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Thank you for allowing us to host the two of you during your recent visit to Dallas, we really appreciate your loyalty to our brand! We have revisited every facet of our Complimentary Evening Reception as a result of your great feedback in an effort to make your next stay with even better!

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I am a big fan of the Embassy Suites chain of hotels. I appreciate the additional space from their all suite rooms, with a separate bedroom and living area. These hotels also typically have a large airy atrium which gives a very open feel when you are in the hotel. How does this particular Embassy Suites stack up? Here's my review...

The hotel's common areas appear to be fairly newly renovated, and looks as such. Staff were generally friendly, especially the ladies who cleared the tables at breakfast.

There are lifts on both sides of the hotel, but for some reason the lift call button is only located beside one elevator on each side. Rooms were generally clean, however, there were signs of wear and tear which were evident in the bath area. I did not like the re-usable comforters that they placed over the beds, which are also used as blankets. I find these comforters to be generally filthy and good hotels should do away with the use of them.

Biggest disappointment for my 5-day stay however, was the chargeable internet. I was fine having to pay for it, but what you get is lite speed internet. If you are going to charge for internet, then at least provide high speed internet. In addition, internet was charged based on per device, which I thought was a rip off.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Matthew G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for being a valued Embassy Suites guest, we appreciate your patronage. We invite you to join our HHonors program, a free and easy way to be rewarded for your loyalty as well as receive free or discounted WIFI in each of our hotels. Safe travels!

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Enjoyed the amenities this hotel provides. The complimentary manager's reception and cooked to order breakfast are both incredible. Also, the separate living and sleeping quarters provide flexibility for the family with 2 TVs. Very nice and clean hotel and helpful staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Johnnie L

Thank you for your review, we are so happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to provide such a great value for you and your family! We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed October 1, 2013

We have stayed at Embassy Suites many times before, as they are reasonably priced, the breakfast buffet and the extra room that allows our twin daughters to play in. They have always, in the past, provided a good product. That is until we checked into the Dallas Market Center location.
Initially I was greeted by a young lady at reception who was oozing attitude. I asked her for a quiet room away from the elevators and much to my dismay she put is in the room next to the ice machine and laundry. Imagine trying to get 2 years old twins to sleep. I then went back to the front desk where another very helpful receptionist moved me. This time to the front of the building away from any ice machines and elevators but facing the highway. The windows are not sound proof and its impossible to sleep with the heavy traffic. Beware of this should you stay there.
I was shocked to see above the shower there was an open light socket. I informed the front desk the next day of this. It was a building code violation. You cannot have open electrical fittings within reach of water.(See photos) They quickly changed it.
The quality of room service food is terrible. I ordered some buffalo chicken wings that came dry, no sauce. I was told I did not specify the sauce. I also tried the rueben and it was a mess, it looked like it was slapped together by a monkey and cut with a blunt knife, I mean totally torn up and fell apart as I picked it up.
I will think twice about staying at an Embassy again.

Room Tip: Beware of rooms facing the highway...very loud at night.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Matthew G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2013

We are very sorry that your recent stay fell below the high level of hospitality you have come to know and expect from Embassy Suites, please know that each of your concerns has been addressed and we look forward to providing with the exceptional stays you deserve moving forward.