“Hold off on this one til they remodel”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center
Ranked #72 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Dayton, Nevada
“Hold off on this one til they remodel”
Reviewed January 20, 2012

Ok, I read all the negative reviews, but it did not stop me from booking. Bad move on my part. Here's what I experienced in my room: stopped bathroom sink, tub very slow to drain, filthy carpet, paint peeling off bathroom door, drippy faucet, pipe leaking under sink, a/c with no temperature control -- my room vacillated from 72 to 80 at all times, ok breakfast, manager reception had a surly female table busser, mediocre assortment of appetizers, intense mildew smell in main lobby (lots of overgrown vegetation and a fountain that would look good in old world Italy 100 years ago) -- the smell is a bit much when trying to enjoy breakfast.
Did I report this? Yes, to the smiling young desk clerk the morning of my 2nd day. I had printed out a nicely worded list of the items above that actually could have gotten addressed. His reply: Well, we will be undergoing a huge renovation this year. (sigh on my part -- what about us who are staying here right now?) "Well, we're getting the big screen TV's in now!" -- I'll sacrifice a flat screen TV for a clean room.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel until they remodel! I was on the Hilton Honors floor, to boot!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank TravelPrincess69
JoshuaGamlen, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, February 19, 2012
I apologize that you experienced these problems during your stay. While we are undergoing renovations currently to fix each of these, we certainly could have handled this better for you during your stay. Especially given the opportunity that you gave us by bringing this to the attention to the front desk agents. I do hope that you will consider giving us another opportunity after the completion of our renovations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed January 12, 2012

Rooms are awful. My socks were dirty every night when walking around. Staff is exceptional, very helpful at Front Desk, but breakfast isn't worth the wait, manager reception is chips and hummus every night, nothing else....breakfast pastries are frozen.

How can you charge these rates for the level of room you have. The property is old and dirty. Beds are so bad you can feel the wire substructure. A/C NEVER shuts off.

Drapes are torn, bath tub stained. TVs are old fashion tube teles and pictures are not what you would expect.

Very unhappy. What happened to 100% satisfaction? To speak with the manager feels like talking to a wall. "I'm sorry" gets old and unbelievable after being said for every concern esp. when you don't express any true sincerity.

Your hotel wasted my time and money.

Room Tip: Other than stay at a different Embassy Suites, I'd suggest you arrive early and plead for a room...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

San Francisco, California
Reviewed January 11, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel several times. Below are my ratings on a scale of 1-5:

Hotel Location 4
TV Channels 3
Average 4.46

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank DERICK S
Matthew G, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Market Center, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
I greatly appreciate you taking the time to review the various aspects of your stay with us, this is very helpful as we continually try to improve. Please visit us again soon, we have added to our channel lineup and enhanced our breakfast based largely on your feedback!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 18, 2011

This ES seems a bit old but it was pretty clean. The ventilation did not work in our suite. The bedroom had heat but the living room was freezing. My poor brother froze on an already cold night. Staff was nice and my dad enjoyed the breakfast. Close to the basketball stadium if you are going to a game. The bathroom was not too small but not large. There is a sink in the bathroom and the bedroom which is good if you have a large family. The tv was horrible. There were fewer than 20 stations and some numbers were skipped! Overall, I would stay here for a night or two if I didn't plan on being in the room much.
The vending machine took our money but the hotel "couldn't" refund it. I thought that was poor customer service.

• Stayed December 2011
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 13, 2011

The hotel is adjacent to 14 lanes of I-35E and it's frontage roads. Traffic noise is non-stop and annoying. We asked for a room away from the highway at check in but our request could not be honored. No reason was given.

All staff at the hotel were friendly, helpful, and appeared to be hard working. It seemed to me that there simply needed to be more of them. It is apparent that this hotel is running with the minimum number of employees needed to keep the doors open.

I found myself wishing for a self serve breakfast buffet while I stood in line at 6:00 AM waiting on my 'cook to order' breakfast. After standing in line for 15 minutes I can assure you it was not worth the waiting time.

The pool is heated. The pool area is nice. The algae growing on the bottom of the pool kept me from actually using it. Too bad. Perhaps the Hilton corporation could afford to hire someone to maintain it?

We picked this hotel based on it's proximity to downtown Dallas (4 mi.) and our perception of the Embassy Suites brand. Clearly, our perception of that brand has changed after staying at this property. The staff was the only bright spot in an otherwise dismal stay. That is the reason for the rating of 2 instead of 1.

Room Tip: Avoid any rooms facing the freeway or the trucking company at the rear.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed November 16, 2011

- ATM broke for most of the weekend.

- Breakfast service really slow.

- Both doors leading to bathroom were screwed up to the point where they could not be closed quietly.

- Ice machine broken on our floor the entire stay.

- Happy Hour service was slow(did not utilize this, but always noticed the lines).

- Had to call Housekeeping to get a hair dryer.

- Room still outfitted with tube tv's. channel selection is limited.

If you are planning on staying here specifically because of the free breakfast and happy hour, I'd keep looking instead.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 16, 2011

I went here for my bachelorette party and rented a 2 Bed 2 Bath Suite. It was amazing. They have a shuttle service to take you within 5 miles of the hotel and also they have a wonderful breakfast selection and a managers reception.

Room Tip: 2 Bed 2 Bath Suite