“Received better service at the Taco Bell down the street!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area
Ranked #50 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 17, 2010

This is one of the worst Hilton/Embassy Suites Experiences I have ever had! I am not normally one to complain, but I had to have words with the night manager, Eugene, at the hotel over the service.

First of all I could not get a hold of anyone in maintenance and the phones would just go to a voicemail. Secondly, room service took 45 minutes to bring us some plates and silverware. Finally, when I tried to call the front dest the phone transferred me to reservations. After finally reaching the fron desk the manager on duty, Eugene, was very short and interrupted me several times while I tried to explain what I was needing. Finally, after a 10 minute conversation in which I had to be a little more forceful he becaume more understanding and had my requests fulfilled in fifteen minutes.

I don't know if they were just short handed or if it was a bad night, but the service was absolutely the worst I have ever experienced at a hotel that is known for quality. I received better service from the teenager at the Taco Bell down the street.

The quality of the rooms and the value was decent, but I would never stay here again.

When checking out the front desk could nto remove an erroneous charge for internet service and could not produce a receipt nor could they correct the charges after charging the wrong card.

If you do not plan on working with the hotel staff at all maybe this is the place for you, but if you are used to prompt and courteous service you will be quite dissapointed.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank framirez60
Trish C, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2017

Thank you for your feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed March 16, 2010

Due to not double-checking information, the front desk gave my room to another person with the same name, and used my credit card to pay for their room. They finally found me a room so I went to park. While driving around to find a parking place, I noticed that the back gate had written in spray paint, "[--] Gringos." Then, because they have a parking garage and parking for large vehicles is limited, as I drive an F350, I was told there would be nowhere for me to park until 10:00PM ... are you kidding?!? Because of all the circumstances, I decided to cancel my reservation, and they STILL charged me for one night's stay. Business with them was far beyond unpleasant, and the area is quite unsafe.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed January 17, 2010

This hotel was excellent. Recently remodeled and it looks great!! Rooms were very nice. Beds were awesome. The lobby/breakfast/evening area is great. Lots of tables, couch etc. It was a great place to get together with other family members.

The staff was very helpful and provided excellent service. Don't normally eat at hotels but the food was very good.

Pool and gym were very good. Kids loved the pool. The gym had new equipment.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed January 3, 2010

We stayed at this hotel based on the new renovations and the reviews on this site. As a frequent traveler - I take a very long time checking out facilities and reading reviews. One thing I DO NOT DO is google the address and do a crime check of the area. I will be doing this in the future. A hotel can be beautiful and serve a great breakfast however when you park your vehicle 3 parking spots from the front door and you walk out to leave and your car is gone - SHOCKED! It had been stolen at 6:45 that morning based on the security tape from the hotel. The hotel informed us that they have one security person from 10 pm to 6 am. Check the crime in this area and they should have a police officer on site for the safety of their customers. I am ashamed that I put my family at such a great risk and will continue to work on finding a way in which hotels can alert potential customers of the crime in the area. Any suggestions towards this would be helpful. Please DO NOT STAY HERE DUE TO THE CRIME RATE.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank LesandRon

Reviewed December 7, 2009

The recently upgraded lobby aand dinning areas are really awesome! The exercise room is top notch as well with the addition of Precor. Staff members were extremely helpful and courteous. The rooms are very nice with two large LCD TV's, one on living room and one in bedroom. Also, easy access to Loop 635 and Hwy 75 and within an easy drive to several nice restaurants! If I were planning a conference or sales meeting, I would most definited consider this property! Covered underground parking is also a plus. Very, very nice experience!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank jschin

Reviewed October 26, 2009

We booked this hotel for the Texas-OU football weekend. The reviews were mixed, so my expectations were not high. The hotel exceeded my expectations and then some. We were warmly greeted at check in. Our room was ready even though we were early. The parking garage is a plus, in that the elevator takes you from the garage to the floor where your room is. The hotel was recently renovated, so there is a large flat panel TV in the bedroom, new carpet, wallpaper,etc. The staff at breakfast were friendly, and they even have flat screen TV's at the booths for breakfast. The lobby area was very comfortable. Even though this was a football weekend, there was NO running up and down the halls or kids playing in the elevators, like at the other hotels. They even had two armed security guards in the lobby through out the night. Location is great. If you want big bathrooms, stay at another hotel and expect to pay four times the price, and $25-35 for breakfast, rather than enjoy the free one at this hotel. All in all, I'll be back.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank imssc1

Reviewed September 13, 2009

Spent one night at the Embassy Suites in Park Central. No complaints at all. The lobby is inviting and the rooms were spacious and recently remodeled. Two big flat screen TVs in the room. Very clean and quiet. Some have commented that the bathrooms are small. For a solo traveler, I had no issues and even with another person, it seems more than adequate. I suppose a family might find it on the small side but I've certainly stayed at some Hilton chains where the space between the toilet and closing the door is miniscule and this wasn't that bad. There was a lot of counter space in the bathroom and a shelf below the counter to store items. Surprisingly, there was no bathtub, just a shower stall (albeit a spacious shower stall). Would definitely stay here again if in the area for business.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business