“Nice hotel, what you'd expect from Embassy Suites”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area
Ranked #51 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Stayed here one night for work, and found the hotel to be very nice and accommodating. They offer free parking on site (although the spaces are small and it is confusing to figure out what direction to drive and where the parking lines actually exist), and extended hours for the nightly happy hour - until 7:30pm, which was a nice perk. The staff was very friendly and helpful in providing restaurant suggestions. They offer a free shuttle within the general area, which is a nice alternative if no one wants to be a designated driver. The rooms are big, spacious and extremely quiet - you don't hear any noise from adjoining rooms, or overhead. The only reason I didn't give this a "5" rating is that the bathrooms seemed a bit cramped and dated. While they obviously attempted to update the decor, the bathrooms only have showers and no door that completely closes, so some water on the floor is almost inevitable. Also, there were holes in the ceiling where sprinklers were added, but there was no finish on the installation so instead it was just an open hole. But overall a good hotel alternative in Dallas and I would likely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank HeritageSoftail14843
ShellyY227, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to fill out a survey.Thank you making us aware of the issues in you suite so that we are able to get those issues to the appropriate departments so that those issues are taken care of immediatley.We hope that you will give us another try. Thank you again and you have a Excellent Day!!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I usually stay up the road at the Doubletree in Richardson but figured I would give this hotel a shot to mix it up a little bit.

I regret this decision and should have just stayed at the Doubletree.

First off, like everyone else says, this hotel is in a prime location right off 75 and 635. With that being said, it is very difficult to actually get to the actual hotel. Just because you are on 635 and can see the hotel, doesn't mean you are anywhere close to actually pulling into the actual lot.

I was lucky enough to get a parking spot up front my first night but found that to not be the norm as I had to park in the garage below every other night. It is a very confusing garage and doesn't seem to have a proper flow as cars would drive just wherever they could fit. It is also a pretty creepy garage and one where I always have to walk around the car when I wake up the next morning almost assuming there will be damage. There are also policemen riding around on bikes inside the garage and around the property which is great, but also shows what kind of area you are in.

The elevators were pretty slow especially around the breakfast and manager's reception time frames, but I did appreciate that you had to use the keycard to access any floors.

My room was your typical Embassy Suites room but the carpet was FILTHY with multiple stains throughout, and the bathroom looked like it hadn't been cleaned since 1990. The TV in the bedroom was hanging on the wall which I haven't seen too much in hotels so that was a nice touch. I was facing towards 75/635 but on the 7th floor but could still hear traffic all night long (doesn't bother me but I know it does for other people).

Just like all of the other Embassy Suites, my room came with a mini-fridge, but every time I opened it the darn thing almost fell over and out of the cabinet. I travel about 75% of my time, so staying in hotels is nothing new to me and I usually don't get grossed out, but I feel like every time I touched anything in my room I just needed to sanitize.

All in all I probably wouldn't stay here again. I like how the Doubletree on Campbell Rd. has a few restaraunts that are within walking distance and parking is MUCH easier. If you want to go anywhere to eat besides the restaraunt at the Embassy Suites, you will have to drive and it's a pain in the butt just getting out of the parking garage and lot.

I too, also find it very insulting and lazy that the typical manager response is the same exact thing. It's pretty simple to copy and paste. Take some of these negative reviews and start improving your hotel. I understand you can't redo a whole parking garage structure, but replacing some nasty stains on old carpeting, or making sure a mini-fridge is securely in place,is a pretty simple task in my opinion.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the sevice and experience at our hotel. I truly apologize for the problems you mentioned with your guest room and I assure you that the issues have been addressed.I appreciate you alerting us to this issue and I hope you will give our property a second chance if you return to the area. Thank you again and have a Excellent Day!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

Stayed here for a week while working. I arrived at 2pm, hoping to check in early, but alas the room was not ready. The gentleman at the desk offered me a snack and beverage during my wait, which I found very nice. Check in was easy. The room was clean, comfortable, good size space. The bathroom was tiny, but since I was alone it wasn't too bad. Great breakfast and evening reception. Staff very pleasant and helpful. The only negative is the creepy parking garage. It is well lit but still not a comfortable place. Oh, and you need a key card to access the elevator to the rooms, I very much appreciated that. Overall a good stay.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank jhd1966

Thank you for the Exdellent words, We are excited that you enjoyed your stay and the staff here at our hotel. We are continually working on the parking garage by adding extra security and brighter lights. Thank you again for staying with us and we hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

This hotel has problems.

The good:
1. The room we had was nice, clean, and up to date.
2. Breakfast was great. They had everything we could think of wanting for breakfast.

The bad = everything else
1. The underground parking garage is a nightmare. I was almost got hit several times, both in my car and on foot. Despite that I still wouldn't take my chances parking behind the hotel after reading other reviews.
2. Customer service at the front desk is seriously lacking. I showed up an hour after my room should have been ready and it wasn't. I then sat in the couches directly in front of the front desk staff waiting for a room to become available. After about 30 minutes I went to another staff member (Milton), that put me in a room. That means the other staff member (his name may have been Walter) let us sit there for no reason while a room was available. That is unacceptable.
3. This hotel has the slowest elevators I have ever experienced. On top of that, one of them didn't work during my entire stay. There apparently aren't any separate staff elevators either because I had hotel staff trying to shove cleaning carts into already crowded elevators a few times.
4. Hotel is located in a hard to reach location. I know the area pretty well and this hotel is not conveniently located unless you are going south on 75. Otherwise, I hope you know the area or have a good GPS. If you miss your exit and end up on 635, you are in for a treat.

I also find the hotel giving the same rote response to all bad reviews insulting.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AyanaMap
ShellyY227, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2014

I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that your stay at our hotel was disappointing and we will be addressing those issues with our staff.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Thank you and have a Excellent Day!

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Stayed at various Embassy Suites this was definitely the worst. Breakfast was good seating area spacious. Parking garage is a nightmare-saw a car w/ broken glass & police car. Surprised we didn't see accidents. Only two handicapped spaces for a 9 story hotel. Elderly father had to park in empolyee's parking area (dark & unsafe) and walk around to hotel after dropping off wheel-chair bound mother. Lighting in rooms is the worst. Customer service is none- "and we don't care". Only had 2 towels for 3 people waited over an hour. Told twice "they are on their way" went to front desk & they had none. Went to maid cart & were told "we don't got no towels for rooms we're cleaning now." Finally used wet towel and were late to a formal wedding. Came back 4 hrs later just then getting towels. Card keys went out twice-we were on 8th floor & you need card for elevator- had to get reactiviated and they questioned that we were really staying there. One of the 4 elevators was not working-no sign-you had to figure it out yourself after waiting several minutes. Only hotel I've been in last 4 yrs that doesn't offer free wifi - it's $10 a day. Found stir stick that we didn't use behind bedroom door. Trash Cans weren't emptied in 3 days we were there. Didn't use pool area. With poor quality of cleanliness in rooms, wouldn't use it if we had time. Have gotten much better for way less money.

Room Tip: No rooms on ground floor and only two handicapped parking places. Very difficult for handicapped or...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

First let me thank you for taking the time to write a review on your experience at our hotel. I was saddened to hear you weren't completely satisfied with your stay. We apologize for the room cleanliness issues. Your feedback proves to be invaluable and I have forwarded these comments to the appropriate departments for immediate improvements. Thank you again.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Loved this location, I am the type of person that needs 5 stars for a hotel stay and this was great. I would definitely stay here again! Close to the highway but very quiet. Hotel staff was also very helpful!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to see ing you again in the near future. Have a Excellent day.

Reviewed March 16, 2014

After a long night we woke up to find rose petals in our bed which we did not put there. Absolutely disgusting... we left immediately with no patience to complain. Also parking garage is out of control.

Stayed: March 2014

really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent stay. I want to personally apologize that your stay at our hotel was disappointing and we will be addressing those issues with our housekeeping staff..

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can give you this service that we are known for and that you deserve.