“Worse than Terrible.”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area
Ranked #53 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Upon arrival, nobody was in the lobby to check me in. I waited at least 20 min. At least they had a television right there playing the rerun of the playoff basketball I missed during our flight. Finally I get checked in and get into my room and notice that the closet door was falling off its hinges and the vent was falling off, as if someone was trying to stash drugs or money. The next morning I get out of the shower and walk out of the bathroom and the door knob cuts my side pretty deep. The hotel staff did nothing but offer me a band-aid and ointment. I proceeded to breakfast, but then proceeded to Denny's directly after I saw the condition of the food. Not only all that, the weekend I was staying there, there was some sort of famous speaker convention going on. Music was blasting throughout the halls all night the first weekend. This stay was BEYOND terrible. Do not recommend. PS- The location of this hotel is in the complete GHETTO of Dallas. The back alley way of it leads directly into the womb of what locals like to call, "Mayhem".

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
ShellyY227, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2013

Thank you for your feedback , I do apologize that you did not enjoy your stay. We do strive to give EXCELLENT service to all of our guest, i do apologize that you were not given that Excellent service that we are known for . I will assure you that i have directed all of your issues to the appropriate Department head and these issues have been resolved. I do hope that you will give us another try when you are in the dallas . Thank you again for you feedback .

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We were in Dallas for a7 on 7 tournament--when they told me the price I was concerned.But IT WAS GREAT!!! Great room- great food --Killer pool !!Come stay here!!! Kids were very impressed-some had never been to the " big city "!

• Stayed: April 2013

Thank you very much for your comments and coming to stay with us , We look forward to seeing you and the Kids in the near future. Have a Excellent Day!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We spent 6 days at the hotel combining business with pleasure. My smart phone directed us right to the hotel. The room provided all the space needed for the business part of our trip while the pool, fitness room, cocktail hour and convenient location to major expressways contributed to the fun part of our trip.
On the weekend there must have been some preteen athletic event in the community as there were many 12 to 14 year old girls staying at the hotel. Because the hotel has a large, open atrium, everything feels large and the preteens where not bothersome at all. Individual rooms are very sound proof.
Hotel staff were efficient.
Our only complaint is that the bathrooms are small and lack wall hooks for towels. Consequently, other than the floor there was no place to put wet towels.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
ShellyY227, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for your feedback ,I assure you that I will be speaking with the Housekeeping Manager about the towel racks in the rooms. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us .Thank you again.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

...and the food at the restaurant is really good. I stayed 3 full days for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I tried something different from the menu at each meal (except breakfast obviously) and everything was excellent!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you very much for staying with us , we appreciate you business and you kind words. I hope to seeyou again in the near future. Thank you again!!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We recently visited the Dallas area for a convention and found this hotel through our AARP discounts. The rooms are large and all rooms are suites. There is free breakfast and a free reception with drinks and snacks in the evenings. The front staff were extremely friendly. Upon checking out I mentioned that we had trouble with the water draining in the tub and they immediately took it upon themselves to offer me a discount or points toward a futue stay. Customer service is alive and well at this Embassy Suite location.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south side of the 2nd floor are right over the breakfast area which could be lightl...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for staying with us , we appeciate the kind words that you have said about our staff. We look forward to you staying with us in the near future. Thank you again!!!!

Reviewed May 5, 2013

This Embassy Suites is more economically priced than some in the area, but the staff and service are absolutely first class. Front desk staff is superb. Breakfast is very good. Pool is very nice. Better rooms are on the sides not facing the highways - the highway side rooms are a bit loud (but not problematically so.) Excellent value for price paid.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us , we hope that you will come and visit us again when you are in the dallas area.We can definatley make sure that we put you on the quiet side. Thank you again!!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Okay, I don't typically review properties in the US but here goes. First let me say that I stay in lots of hotels every year, up to 90 days a night so I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I don't complain about the small stuff in general, just the items that are clearly not good,.

The hotel is located near the 75/635 loop in Dallas and is convenient to many things, but road construction always makes it difficult on a hotel. Not their fault.

Here are the issues I had while staying there.

Parking is limited above ground and the below ground garage was a bit scary if you are a woman traveling alone.

We stayed a weekend and the sheer number of kids running around unsupervised and in general making way too much noise and knocking into people was unpleasant. The pool was totally out of the question with respect to using it as there must have been 50 kids at one time in it and the capacity says 29. NOT good. Not sure how many people they let stay in a room there but it is obviously not controlled.

Also, they say they are going to fix the problem with the pillow cases but just a warning they were the worst I have ever seen in an upscale hotel. They had so much starch they crinkled throughout the night. NOT relaxing.

Room Tip: Get there early and park aboveground.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback on your past stay. Unfortunatley, we are located by a busy intersection and we are also a Hilton property that attracts kids and families. I do apologize that kids were running around knocking on doors , I have spoken with security to make sure that this does not happen . I have also spoken with the Housekeeping Manager about our pillow cases and we have resolved the issues. Thank you again for your feed back and we hope to see you again in the near future.