“Recent Stay at Embassy Suites Dallas”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area
Ranked #48 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Richmond, Texas
“Recent Stay at Embassy Suites Dallas”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We recently visited the Dallas area for a convention and found this hotel through our AARP discounts. The rooms are large and all rooms are suites. There is free breakfast and a free reception with drinks and snacks in the evenings. The front staff were extremely friendly. Upon checking out I mentioned that we had trouble with the water draining in the tub and they immediately took it upon themselves to offer me a discount or points toward a futue stay. Customer service is alive and well at this Embassy Suite location.

Room Tip: The rooms on the south side of the 2nd floor are right over the breakfast area which could be lightl...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
ShellyY227, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us , we appeciate the kind words that you have said about our staff. We look forward to you staying with us in the near future. Thank you again!!!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Antigua, Guatemala
Reviewed May 5, 2013

This Embassy Suites is more economically priced than some in the area, but the staff and service are absolutely first class. Front desk staff is superb. Breakfast is very good. Pool is very nice. Better rooms are on the sides not facing the highways - the highway side rooms are a bit loud (but not problematically so.) Excellent value for price paid.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us , we hope that you will come and visit us again when you are in the dallas area.We can definatley make sure that we put you on the quiet side. Thank you again!!
Beaumont, TX
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Okay, I don't typically review properties in the US but here goes. First let me say that I stay in lots of hotels every year, up to 90 days a night so I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I don't complain about the small stuff in general, just the items that are clearly not good,.

The hotel is located near the 75/635 loop in Dallas and is convenient to many things, but road construction always makes it difficult on a hotel. Not their fault.

Here are the issues I had while staying there.

Parking is limited above ground and the below ground garage was a bit scary if you are a woman traveling alone.

We stayed a weekend and the sheer number of kids running around unsupervised and in general making way too much noise and knocking into people was unpleasant. The pool was totally out of the question with respect to using it as there must have been 50 kids at one time in it and the capacity says 29. NOT good. Not sure how many people they let stay in a room there but it is obviously not controlled.

Also, they say they are going to fix the problem with the pillow cases but just a warning they were the worst I have ever seen in an upscale hotel. They had so much starch they crinkled throughout the night. NOT relaxing.

Room Tip: Get there early and park aboveground.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback on your past stay. Unfortunatley, we are located by a busy intersection and we are also a Hilton property that attracts kids and families. I do apologize that kids were running around knocking on doors , I have spoken with security to make sure that this does not happen . I have also spoken with the Housekeeping Manager about our pillow cases and we have resolved the issues. Thank you again for your feed back and we hope to see you again in the near future.
Kansas City
Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

I found the location of this hotel, at the confluence of Central Expressway and LBJ Freeway, to be totally confusing. Road construction and detours, likely to last for several years, made it ten times worse. Breakfasts are nice, but there is absolutely nothing nearby. Unless you are a native coming back for a vist, and you know the area really well, don't go.

Stayed April 2013
Thank you very much for your response. Unfortunatley our hotel is located in a very busy intersection, but, we are glad you gave us a try. I am very glad that you enjoyed the breakfast and we hope that in the future you be able to come and visit us again. Thank you again.
Pace, Florida
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Overall I was pleased with this Embassy Suites. You can tell the building was a little bit older but the rooms appeared to be maintained very well. The room was clean and had a TV in the living area as well as a wall mounted flat screen in the bedroom as well. The bed was ok. Not the worst I've slept in but not the best. The pillow cases were made of some plastic type material (or at least what it felt like) but it didn't prevent me from sleeping. Just not the normal type of pillow case I am used to.

The bathroom was very small and the toilet was extremely low to the ground. For such a spacious room I wish they would have put more space in to the bathroom. It had a walk in tile shower but it didn't have a shower curtain or closing glass so the floor always got wet from the shower. I'm also not a big fan of tiled showers at hotels just due to the fact I don't feel like they can get them clean enough.

I was selected as the "guest of the day" when I arrived so in my room I had a little basket filled with snacks and a handwritten card thanking me for my stay. Nice touch.

My coworker also was staying here and his A/C didn't work the first night. He stopped by the desk the next morning and they immediately sent someone up and they also left him a "movie pack" which included a hand written note, coupon for a free movie, soda, and popcorn.

On the return of our second day neither my key nor my co-workers key worked to our rooms (key is also required to operate the elevator.) Not much of a pain but odd that both of ours to 2 separate rooms quit working.

There are 4 elevators, 2 on either side of the hotel. The ones closest to my room seemed to have issues and one was usually broken. Not a huge deal but there was usually a long wait for an elevator.

Overall I would rate the property as very good. It was clean. The free breakfast and managers reception were both great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
ShellyY227, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
I would like to thank you for staying with us , also thank you for letting us know of the things that we need to focus on . I assure you that those issues will be taken care of. Overall , I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Dallas . Thank you again!
Sherman, Texas
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Using a "Travelzoo voucher" for The Crescent Club Restaurant. We selected the Embassy Suites at LBJ and North Centarl Expressway in Dallas. A nice room, quiet, Clean, very friendly/helpful staff.
I'd stay again.

Room Tip: It's a good location if you are familiar with Dallas. a bit tricky to get to from 635(LBJ Freew...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so glad that you chose Embassy Suites Park Central, thank you for the kind words. we look forward to seeing you again,Thank you!!
Chicago, United States
Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were combining work with pleasure and the suite arrangement was very conclusive to balancing our time in Dallas. The breakfast, cocktail hour, pool and fitness room all contributed to making this a great stay.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

We would like to thank you for staying at Embassy Suites Park Central.I am so glad that your stay with us was good for work and pleasure and we hope to see you again very soon. Thank you again!!