“Good value with short drive to Dallas”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area
Ranked #48 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Lompoc, California
“Good value with short drive to Dallas”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Stayed here through great Priceline weekend package including rental car and flight for Dallas Cowboy game & weekend. This property is about 30 - 40 minutes outside of Dallas but with our own transportation was worth the savings for the short drive.Very pleasant and clean Embassy Suites with a great breakfast and very good standard hosted managers reception/cocktail hour. Clean & sufficient gym and nice pool also.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Trish C, Director of Sales at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area, responded to this review, February 27, 2017
Thank you for your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Orlando, Florida, USA
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Enjoying the nightly manager's special as I write this review. Having a beer and cheese dip nachos does help provide a more positive review =)
The room is bigger than the newer ES and there plenty of room, even if you would have a party of 4 or more.
The wallpaper shows its age but there is new carpeting and big HDTV for both bedroom and living room.
Bathroom also looks recently updated.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
St. Louis
Reviewed November 5, 2012

First, this was a business trip with a Company rate agreement so the price was pretty good. My company headquarters is nearby but I have previously stayed at properties a few blocks closer. This was the first time I had stayed at this property and I have no substantial complaints with my stay but there were some odd things about it that just rubbed me wrong.

The room was in decent condition although the facility is showing a bit of age and heavy paint. Being right next too a MAJOR highway interchange was surprisingly NOT a big problem from a noise standpoint. From a parking and access standpoint it was a little weird. It was not the most straightforward to get to and the parking garage underneath gave me a bit of the willies. I was put off by the lack of any viable stairs to use; I was on the 2nd floor and the 4 stairwells all open outside on the ground floor and were unfinished concrete wells that reminded me of a parking garage. The other odd thing was no "do not disturb" sign for the room which would have helped when the cleaning personnel came knocking on my 2nd morning. The absolute worst part of the stay was that the "desk chair" in the room was either the worst chair ever or was defective. I couldn't get the chair to raise up high enough to be comfortable while sitting at the table to use my laptop, I felt that I was sitting too low with my knees too high even at the highest lift point.
Breakfast was fine and maintained pretty well. I ate dinner on site once, the service was excellent and the food was better than I expected. I did not take part in the "Manager's reception" so I can't speak to that Embassy Suites staple.
The Staff was excellent without exception - the desk staff, housekeeping, restaurant, and bar personnel were very good, professional, personable, friendly, and helpful.
All in all, I may not pick this propery first but I would probably stay here again on a future trip.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tina K, Front Office Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at our property. I apologize for the desk chair and will share your feedback with our Engineering team. I am happy to hear all the wonderful compliments for our staff. They work very hard to ensure that our guest's are properly taken care of and they will be excited to hear the kuddos.

We hope that we will see you again on your next trip to the area!
Surprise, Arizona
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I travel to Dallas often on business, and always stay here. It can be a bit difficult to find and get to for the first-timer, as there is a maze of traffic and highways right at the property. Once you get the hang of it then it's OK. The underground parking is nice, especially during the summer. But beware the low clearance! A rental SUV I once had barely got in. The hotel itself is relatively old, but the lobby area was renovated two years ago. The suites themselves are nice, a flat screen TV in each room. My only nitpick is that the shower glass wall doesn't protrude far enough out so you have to make sure you lay a towel on the floor next to the shower. Even then, the towel will soak. The shower itself was very refreshing. The WiFi was good enough to do my work. I also was able to Skype back home, as well as watch Netflix. Speed tests showed about 1.5 mbps down as well as up. The complimentary breakfast was very good. You can get omelets and such cooked to order, or go straight to the buffet for some of the usual breakfast fare. The manager's reception was OK, although the snack table was rather pedestrian, with just some corn chips, dip, and pretzels, and the like. (But there was one pimento-type dip that was beyond awesome). Free beer is always good! The staff without exception was very courteous, cheerful, and helpful. Overall, once you get the hang of actually getting to the hotel, I think you'll definitely enjoy your stay.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are quieter, away from lobby noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dallas
Reviewed October 15, 2012

First of all, this hotel has seen it's heyday more than twenty years ago. I couldn't believe how stained and worn out the hall carpets were on our floor, which was the third. The concept of the room was good with the bedroom separate from the little living area, and there are flat screen TVs.

Happy hour food was plain displaying corn chips and various dips, and some other nondescript finger foods. Breakfast was ok. Also, be prepared for traffic noise outside as this hotel is in an area dissected by many freeways. Coming from the south you have to drive around the neighborhood to get to the frontage road. Can be confusing for someone from out of town.

Overall, there are better places to stay for the price!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
es2005, Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas - Park Central Area, responded to this review, October 17, 2012
Dear BellaSonsie,

Thank you for choosing Embassy Suites Hotels. I appreciate your candor; we look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our overall hotel appearance is an area we are actively examining. This year alone we have finished the resurfacing of our pool and spa, added new flooring in our fitness center as well as two new machines and are currently working on refurnishing the chairs in our lobby. We will continue to do what is necessary in order to provide an overall better stay for our guests and we welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

On behalf of our entire team, thank you again for choosing Embassy Suites Hotels! We hope to be able to serve you again in the future.

Best regards,

Melissa Arana
Rooms Director
Fayetteville
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The staff of this Embassy is one of the MANY reasons to stay here. After a busy day, it is so nice to relax in the lounge during the complimentary cocktail hour. Mark, the amazing bartender, will make sure you are taken care of as well as Tammy, the very gracious food and beverage supervisor. When you are ready for dinner, Mr. T will drive you to the restaurant of your choice and pick you up.

I thought service like this was a thing of the past, but it is still alive and well in Dallas! The rooms are delightful, clean, and comfortable. This has been a great experience. I only wish we had more days to spend here!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 9, 2012

i've been loyal to this hotel for years - business and personal travel. experienced the rehab (less than the staff - haha) and other changes they have been thru, since before katrina. this time for fun - st fair, not business. didn't get the chilled citrus berry - should have asked for it :) i absolutely will be back. love the shower only suite. thank you!!! suzanne

Room Tip: top floor is the best! no noise :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo