“If you have breathing problem, don't stay here”

Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre
Ranked #50 of 205 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed October 14, 2010

It was very disappointed stay at the Hilton. I had asked for one king bed when I made the reservation. They gave me double full bed, I called to the front desk for a change, and they said the hotel was operating in a full capacity, but it wasn’t so. As a four-stars property, we expected the room to be immaculate. It wasn’t so; the carpet was dirty and stained. The bathroom was old and in bad disrepair; floor is dirty, and the walls and doors were worn and chipped. There were mildews on the tile. There were a layer of dirt on the curtain rods and coffee cups like the room hasn’t been clean for a while. On top, we kept sneezing but didn’t realize because the room is dirty. Do not book a room here if you doing so for the Galleria Mall since it is pretty average shopping.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2010

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We apologize that we did not meet your expecations. Please let us know what room number you stayed in as our Director of Housekeeping would like to personally inspect this room. We hope we will have an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre

Reviewed September 23, 2010

5 star - Lobby, Conference and general service / Courtesy
3 star - Rooms, parking etc.
-------------------------------------
Good for a business traveler.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2010

Thank you for your review. We hope you will visit us again in the future.

Reviewed September 20, 2010

Comments: My husband and I frequent Hilton, Double Tree, and the Scurvin and usually love the hotels. But were very unhappy with Lincoln Center Hilton! We couldn't even take a bath for chipped poxy and mildew! It wasn't that it was dirty as much as it was old and in bad disrepair. We reserved the King Excutive but have stayed in better La Quinta's. This was in serious bad shape and couldn't believe that dispite the outside facade it was not nice at all. Plus the price! And everything is an BIG additional charge. Valet $20 a day. Internet-$12 per day, and one pot of coffee was $16!!
I do not see how they have return visitors for the pricing.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2010

Thank you for your recent review. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations. We appreciate your feedback and recommendations and hope you will give our hotel another opportunity to serve you in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2010

We are just leaving this property after staying on Saturday and Sunday night. Loved the location and had no problem with getting to and from the property. The hotel rooms do need some major updating to keep up with other 4 stars that we stay in frequently. TV is horrible...not any fun watching the golf tournament on. Bathroom is small and needs to be gutted and start over. Biggest complaint we have is the paper thin walls. first night - we heard the couple next door 'enjoying' their evening. Second night - whoever was in the same room had their TV on all night very loud. We had to call security to get them to turn it off or down. Other than these 'con's' i agree with a previous poster....get the odd number room near the elevator. We had great view and room was nice other than the updating that it needed!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2010

Thank you for your review. We hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed August 2, 2010

I have been staying at this hotel for the past few months. Over this time I have come to see the pros/cons of this hotel. Before you read the nitty-gritty, I want you to know that I enjoy this hotel and actively seek it out when I come to Dallas. Overall, it's a nice hotel with a wonderful staff. If you get a good room rate it's definitely worth staying here.

Pros:
Nice rooms - the rooms are your standard hotel rooms. I have noticed that some rooms are better than others. If you can request it, ask for an odd numbered room. The hotel is curved shaped and I've noticed if you stay on the West side (odd numbers) of the hotel you get a bigger room. Recently I've been put on the East side (even numbers) and my room is noticeably smaller. Most recently I've been put at the end of the hallway and this is by far the smallest room. The poor room service guy can' hardly walk between the bed and the TV armoire. Since I mostly travel solo it's no big deal for me, but if I were traveling with my wife/small kids we'd have no room for the 2 playpens. Try to get a room closer to the elevator and on the West side of the hotel.

Beds - I've been in about 15 different rooms while here at the hotel. Each one has had quality mattresses and pillows.

Good room service - The room service food is excellent. I can only assume you'd get just as good food if you went to the restaurant downstairs. I'm just too lazy and like to do work and have my food brought to me.

Nice gym - the gym looks like it was recently remodeled. They have a bike, a few stair-masters, 3 treadmills and some free weights. They also have some balance bubbles as well as medicine balls. Each exercise unit has a personal TV attached to it to help take your mind off of working out. They also have a nice pool. The best part is that all of their equipment is in working order. I have stayed at other hotels in the Dallas area (Hilton chains) and their exercise equipment wasn't always in working condition.

Quiet - For the most part, I do not hear my neighbors. If someone is talking loudly I will hear them, but it's not like the walls are paper thin.

Friendly Staff - everyone has been very helpful and made me feel welcome. I have not run into any rude staff members.

Cons:
Probably my biggest complaint about the hotel is the lack of a microwave. They have a mini-fridge, but no microwave. I'd like to be able to heat up leftovers sometimes. Also, if you have a small kid like we do, you wont be able to heat water to warm a bottle.

Parking - self parking is $12 a day. It's not like they try to hide this from you, but just know going into it that you'll pay $12.99 a day extra to park. Also, the parking garage isn't exactly attached to the hotel. I've noticed that most people walk across the property to get to the garage (I did my first few weeks). However, there's a tunnel that connects the parking garage to the hotel. It's not all that well marked. Ask the front desk and they can point you in the right direction. This is a helpful thing to know, esp on a hot or rainy day.

Traffic - the hotel is located at 2 major highway intersections (Tollway and 635). Getting into and out of the hotel can be tricky, especially during rush hour when everyone is doing 60 MPH on the access road while trying to get on/off the highway. I would hope it's better during the weekend, but during the week it can pose a challenge for those who are timid drivers.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank RedRaider97
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2010

Thank you so much for your review. We really appreciate the time you spent reviewing our hotel in such depth. We're sure your comments will be of help to others when planning their trips to Dallas. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Please let us know so we can make sure you have an "odd" numbered room that you so enjoyed.

Reviewed June 26, 2010

The hotel is very deceiving. The outside and lobby is very elegant. The hotel is huge with many meeting rooms. It is clear that this hotel is geared towards the business traveler. Additional charge for the internet and $12.00 to self park proves that point. The room was very outdated small and drab. For the price of the room and for this to be a Hilton hotel I expected much more. If a nice modern hotel room is what you are looking for, then this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank lucydebs
Reviewed June 12, 2010

I arrived after a stay at the Palomar in Philadelphia and this was a large hotel by comparison. I stayed there because it was attached to an office park where I had business. I was upgraded to a King mini suite and it was a huge room that was comfortably appointed. It had a kitchenette with a coffee / tea maker and two rooms. The bathroom was nicely appointed but small. A bathrobe and free water was supplied. The restaurant is open until 11pm and was very good. I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2010

Thank you so much for your review. We hope to see you back soon!