“Clean, efficient, great amenities” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre

Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre
Ranked #46 of 200 Hotels in Dallas
New York
“Clean, efficient, great amenities”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2010

Stayed at this property for 2 nights for a conference.

Just to walk through the basics:

Location: great location right off the freeway. It is considered "North Dallas" but downtown is only a 15-20 minute ride away. The location is a built-up area that seems like it has a lot to offer (even though we didn't go out exploring too much).

Rooms: rooms were very clean and spacious. Beds very comfortable. No flat screen tv's or anything too special, but the hallways and rooms do have a comfortable and luxurious feel to them.

Staff: everyone seemed friendly. Lady who checked me in offered two twin beds at first but was more than happy to find a king bed room for me when asked.

Food: we ate at Crockett's restaurant one night and the food was very good. Had a steak and it was cooked perfectly and delicious.

All-in-all I would recommend this hotel for business travelers or anyone looking for a safe and clean place to stay. There were several conferences taking place while we were there. Great atmosphere.

The one criticism I would have is that they made you pay for wireless internet in the room. I guess this is a fairly common practice these days (except for certain hotel chains - Marriott Courtyard, etc) Kinda bugs you a little when you pay so much for the rooms. But not a deal breaker.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this review, March 17, 2010
Thank you for your recent review. We will pass on your kind comments to our front office and Crockett's staff.

We hope we will have the pleasure of serving you again in the future when you are back in the Dallas area. Thanks!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Korean first
Mexia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2010

Spent one night at the Hilton Lincoln Center for a girls' weekend. I had read mixed reviews so wasn't really sure about what to expect. Upon arrival we were greeted with friendly staff and that continued throughout our stay. Check-in was painless. Randy was great in getting our reservation for a great restaurant. Although the rooms need a little update, the were very clean and large and the beds comfy.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this review, March 12, 2010
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us during your girl's weekend.

We hope you will chose our hotel again the next time business or pleasure brings you to Dallas.

Thanks so much.
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2010

I empathize with those who gave this hotel a so-so review.

However, I am giving this a positive rating because my experience is just way different from their. Being an HHilton member, they gave me a (large) king room (not suite) on the 18th floor (executive level) with free breakfast and hors d'vour. Nothing exceptional about the breakfast, but the hors d'vour was really good, and if I didn't stop eating, it would have been my dinner.

I was able to peek at one of the king rooms and its significantly smaller than my room. Don't ask me why, I didn't request for a large room. The channels were OK, I was able to watch the shows I wanted to watch (mostly sports and detective shows). My robe was very clean and even had a plastic cover. Bed is very comfortable, and so are the pillows.

Internet is ... expensive. If you're in the executive floor, you should give that for free! Although there were computers available on the executive lounge. I was able to print for free, which is also nice.

Parking is $12 overnight or $20 for overnight valet.

The hotel connects to 3 buildings which is very convenient. Didn't have to go out to walk to the office.

I wanted to use the pool but the weather was uncooperative. It was too cold outside and the pool isn't heated. For a big Hilton hotel, that's a huge surprise.

They have a shuttle that brings you anywhere around the area. I had a rental car so I just drove 5-10 minutes and there were tons of dining places. Target was across the street, but as if you can cross the highway.

The lobby is always packed in the evening, which I think is good because you feel the vibe.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this review, March 9, 2010
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We understand your concern about the wireless internet. We do provide free computers to anyone that stays on the Executive Level, as well as three computer terminals are available free of charge in the lobby for our guest's use.

We hope to welcome you back to our hotel in the near future so you can enjoy better weather and our outdoor pool.

Thanks again for your review.
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2010

First of all, I will say I cannot imagine why anyone would stay in this hotel unless they have to for business. With that said, I will mention the positives: I like hard beds, and found the beds to be hard and comfortable. If, like some of my coworkers, you prefer soft beds, you are out of luck. The pillows were also comfortable. The room was fairly quiet, and although I was on the 16th floor, I never had to wait long for an elevator. Internet access was expensive but fairly reliable. Now the negatives: I guess they still allow some smoking in this hotel. I was on a supposed no smoking floor, but my room and the hallways smelled faintly of stale cigarettes. I was assigned a room with two double beds - I can't remember the last time I slept in a double bed. I am very tall and find queen or king to be much more comfortable. The TV was small and of the picture tube variety. Most TV stations did not come in very well. No bath robe in the room - I hate that. The gym was tiny and totally inadequate for a hotel with 20 floors. The gym consisted of 4 treadmills, two ellipticals, a bike and miscellaneous free weights. I had to go to the gym late at night to get a treadmill/elliptical. When I complained at the desk, I was told the gym was not normally busy, and it was just unfortunate that I was there at the same time as a meeting with a bunch of young guys. There is another gym in LIncoln Center, but the Hilton did not offer free guest passes to irate guests. Hilton guests can use the other gym for a price. I like to work out in the mornings, but could not get a treadmill at 6 am during my 4 days at the Hilton. Restaurant selection in this hotel is dismal - not much to choose from. It was very inconvenient to have to leave the hotel every night for a decent meal at a reasonable price. The hotel has shuttle service to the mall once an hour. Which brings me to another big problem for this hotel - it is totally isolated in the middle of the highway. You cannot walk anywhere without crossing a highway. This Hilton was not even ideal for a meeting - the first day of our meeting we had constant problems with the audio system. The meeting rooms were noisy - there was a lot of foot traffic on the tile floors in the hallway outside the room. Consideration should be given to carpeting the hallway. Overall, I could not believe this hotel is part of the Hilton chain. Although lately I find myself saying that about quite a few hotels in other once upscale chains as well. Is it a sign of the times that these hotel chains are letting quality slip?

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2010

I have stayed here twice - once in December and once in January so I will lump the reviews together. They are remodeling - it covered the entrances and lobby when we were there in December but has since cleared out and now the lobby looks nice. They fall in with everyone else in this area (haven't found anyone with free self-park or a decently priced valet) with parking. It was $20 for valet and $12 for self park in their garage. FYI to a tip I received - they are in a kind of business center so there is other parking it is just not theirs so you can park without paying but you do so at your own risk of tickets/towing. I've parked else where twice with no problems. The December check-in was uneventful. The January check-in was irritating because after being questioned if we were parking with them (we answered no) they said that the self park fee would be added to our room at which we again insisted we were not parking with them. Instead of letting it go the person then begins to lecture us about towing/tickets - not their parking lot - I tuned him out after the first few minutes. It was a bad enough spill (I'm sure they have to tell you but the delivery of this message needs to be improved) that it upset me for a good rest of the evening because the delivery makes you feel as if you are stupid and not capable of assessing the risk and reading the signs in the parking lot. We got our keys after a nice little bit of this speech and went to our room. The rooms are decent. There are not any bugs and they are clean. My one pet peeve is that a hotel that lists itself as 4 star has no fridge, microwave or extra amenities. They even charge a pretty penny for their internet which is not even competitve (makes me feel like they are trying to squeeze me for money) because there are other hotels in the area that do not charge or charge much less. Plus starbucks is right up the street or at the mall for free wifi - these rooms are not nice enough to make me want to stay and pay for the internet. In conclusion the outside, lobby and entrance are much more immpressive than the rooms and if you are looking for a clean place to sleep with a coffee maker and nothing else - this is it. However anything else (fridge, microwave, decent TV, safe, etc) look elsewhere. I may go back for those one night stays when I am passing through but any more than one night and I will be looking elsewhere.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this review, January 18, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stays with us in Dallas. We always appreciate hearing directly from our guests concerning their experience at the hotel.

Please accept our apology for the issue you experienced at check-in regarding the parking charges. We work hard to ensure that our guests are informed about the risk of parking elsewhere on the property but it sounds as if the agent may have been a little overzealous in this particular incident. We will review your feedback with our team to ensure that improvements are made.

We hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again in the future. Thank you.
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2009

Don’t get taken in by the low price- yes the hotel has a convenient location, but the rooms are very dated and don’t measure up to the star rating. The hotel is in the process of renovating. However until that is completed, save yourself disappointment and stay someplace else. Apologies from management are appreciated but the don’t change the current condition of the rooms.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LincolnCtr, Management Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this review, December 23, 2009
Thank you for your review. We hope you will consider visiting our hotel again after our renovation projects have been completed. We feel sure you will pleased with the results. Thanks again.
Denver
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2009

Booked this hotel for location and thought it would have nice rooms. The room they gave me on the 16th floor was very bad. It has not been renovated in many many years. Everything from the carpet to the furnishings to the outdated TV to the bathroom was pretty bad. I called the front desk to see if they had any renovated rooms and was told room renovation wouldn't start until later in 2010. Until they renovate the rooms in a year or two, not a very good place to stay.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
LincolnCtr, Management Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this review, December 17, 2009
Thank you for your review of your recent visit. We apologize that you were not pleased with your guestroom during your stay. Your concerns will be addressed in our future guestroom renovation. We hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back after our renovation so you can experience a newly remodeled facility. Thanks again.