“Posh, for a price”

Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre
Ranked #50 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My wife and I spent last weekend at the Dallas Lincoln Centre Hilton and had a (mostly) great experience. Our room was spacious, clean and comfortable, the view was great and the bed was heavenly.

The in-room coffee (very important!) was quite good, with a dual "cup at a time" brewer. The clock-radio was modern with MP3 input, but oddly lacked a 'sleep' feature. There was abundant storage space with a huge closet, a dresser and two 3-drawer nightstands, as well as all-too-uncommon drawers in the bath for storing toiletries and such.

As for the drawbacks - like most business-oriented properties, you get nickeled and dimed to death on 'extras'. You get charged for parking whether you valet park or use the hotel's parking garage (which was fairly convenient). If you are not an AT&T subscriber or a Platinum Hilton card member, you get dinged for in-room wifi. And drinks at the lobby bar are pricey (i.e. $7.00 for domestic beer) but the efficient and friendly bartender, Miguel, makes it *almost* worth it.

The pool area is nice but very small and with limited seating area, especially considering the motel's capacity. And there was no drink service whatsoever at poolside - you had to troop yourself upstairs to the lobby where Miguel would fix you a drink in a pool-safe plastic cup.

The staff was generally quite friendly and helpful, with the exception of an excessively long wait for bell staff when checking out (over 40 minutes and required two calls to the front desk). Also, a minor quibble, two nights valet parking were charged to my mom's room even though she had ridden with us to the hotel - don't know how that happened but it was quickly taken care of with no hassles.

A bit about the location. This is a great location, central to the North Dallas area at the intersection of two major thoroughfares (I-635 and Dallas North Tollway) and close to literally dozens of places to shop and dine including the world-famous Gallaria mall (originally from Houston) and many world-class restaurants like the Del Frisco Double Eagle Steak House. BUT, construction on the nearby I-635 interstate and associated service roads make it quite tricky to get around, with some of the normal routes unusable due to construction on overpasses, etc. Best to take a cab if you're unfamiliar with the area. And the hotel shuttle is a good choice for nearby destinations like the Gallaria.

Overall, quite a comfortable, even luxurious, stay at a reasonable rate for the weekend. We wouldn't hesitate to visit again.

Room Tip: I'm sure all the rooms are great, but the upper floors give you terrific views of the Dallas are...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 6, 2012

Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your weekend in Dallas. We hope to be of service again to you in the near future. Thanks!

Reviewed June 1, 2012

The hotel is in a perfect location and it is honestly one of the best hotels I have stayed in as far as comfort, food and bedding. The only downside is all of the construction that they were doing on 635 and it was confusing as to how to actually get into the hotel entrance. Of course the hotel has no control over road construction so I would in no way hold that against them, it was just confusing and hard to navigate around, but hopefully will be completed soon. The only slight criticism I would give is the valet was slow, as they only had 1-2 guys working the valet and they could have easily had 4 guys there and kept them busy as I always had to wait when I was either coming in, or ready to leave (even with the text feature, my car was up front but no one there to give me my keys).

Room Tip: Choose a high floor the view of the city is magnificent.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2012

Thank you for your recent review. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are sorry about the inconvenience you experienced with the highway construction and signage. All the businesses along the 635 corridor will be happy when this construction project is completed. In the end, it will be worth it for all the commuters. We hope to serve you again in the near future. Thank you.

Reviewed May 30, 2012

Had a single night "staycaytion" to celebrate our anniversary. We booked last minute, got a great rate, and were very pleasantly surprised by now nice the room was. It appeared to be recently updated, and had a great look, with damask wallpaper, and coordinated furniture and lamps, that were trendy, a little funky and cool, but looked great (and new).

Bathroom was small, but very nicely appointed, with bright (but eye-comfortable) lighting, with a walk-in shower with marble and free-standing glass. It felt like a $300 per night room, but we didn't pay half that.

Linens were high thread, down comforter, and very comfortable mattress that Hilton has started rolling out in their updates.

All in all, and extremely comfortable room.

Checkin process went smooth, and we only had a short wait. Staff was pleasant and helpful.

We didn't take advantage of any of the amenities, but the bar looked well stocked, and cool. The pool was busy, but it had a lot of seating, and a splash area for little ones, but it looked well maintained and nice.

Downsides
1- $22 for overnight parking. Robbery. No matter what the hotel staff may post in response, there is no defense for $22 parking for this location. It's not downtown, it's on site parking. This is a pure profit grab, and I'm sure part of the reason our rate was so low, they are making it up on incidentals. Don't necessarily mind that, it's part of the hospitality business model. If it were $15, I probably wouldn't have even mentioned it, but over $20 is unfairly aggressive.

2- For Hilton Honor members, don't expect much. I'm a diamond member, which at some properties means I'm treated like a visiting head of state, at others it means I get some free bottled waters, and a basket of snacks in the room. At this hotel, it meant.....absolutely nothing. Wasn't a huge deal, the room was nice, and the rate was spectacular, but if you are expecting any recognition or bonus....recalibrate your expectation.

In summary, I think this is a very well kept, and well run hotel. It was clean, felt updated and fresh, was staffed with friendly folks, and very conveniently located.

Room Tip: ask for a recently renovated room toward one of the ends (it's in a crescent shape, and elevator...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DulceVida-TX

Thank you for your comprehensive review of your stay with us. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay overall. Since you elected to valet park your car, the rate is $22 per day. However, we do have a self-parking option for $13 per day in our gated, covered garage. So, this option is available to all our guests. We hope we have the opportunity to serve you again the next time business or pleasure brings you to the Dallas area. Thank you again.

Reviewed May 29, 2012

Me and husband decided to get away nice hotel beautiful alot of activity go on in this hotel family celebrations weddings etc. but in your room its quiet everyone is very kind especially the bell hop mustafa the beds were comfortable I love the view from my room and the pool was nice would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: I requested a room up top the views were good
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are so glad to hear that Moustapha was helpful to you during your stay. We will pass along your kind comments to him. Please visit us again when you are in Dallas. We will be happy to serve you. Thank you.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I am in Dallas four days for business. First of all, view from outside, this Hilton looks really great and has wonderful location to access many attractions in this area (especially dining and shopping!) The interior is also good overall. I think lobby has a great space for people to mingle.
After booking this hotel, I found out that parking fee and internet fee is ridiculous for customers to stay longer than 3 days. I totally understand as a four star hotel, it is normal to have Internet charged, but I think the rate is not reasonable. Why is it not reasonable? After purchasing the Internet, I experience the slowest Internet ever even those 2 or 2.5 star rated hotel's free WIFI has way FASTER speed!!!!!! Speaking of staff service, I am very sure that i don't see the quality of service and attitude. Because the front desk person was not really friendly and patient to me while I check-in to the hotel. I feel like as a HHonor silver member is nothing!!!!!!! At least in other Hilton property, i got treated better. Now let's talk about room facilities. Well, everything is all right (just normal, nothing special could be better than other hotels). But first of all, I wanna connect to my computer to the LCD tv and the room has that guestlink device to allow guest to connect their devices (ipad, iphone, laptop, etc.) to the tv. I was so happy to see it, but when I found out that it was not activated to be used and the tv is locked to prevent customer to use their own HDMI cable to connect their electronic device, I was super disappointed!!!!!!!!!! Hampton inn or double tree hotel (lower star rated hilton brand hotels) even has more flexibility for customers to use their facility. Additionally, the pillow is really flat and I could not sleep with these pillows. Good thing is that the bed is very comfortable. Let's talk about the noise I can hear in my room...... I can always hear the noise from elevator movement. I thought my room is far away enough from the elevator, but I guess not. The most horrible is the noise from my next room's loud chatting and even the super loud SNORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could the wall is so thin??????!!!! This is super CRAZY~~~~ People also always slam their door very loud in the middle of the night. How could such a four diamond rated hotel can be like this!!!
Now this is my third night and I am so so so ready to leave this hotel.... I don't think I got treated as a silver member.... If I am in Dallas again, this won't be my choice again for sure and I would rather to choose double tree or hampton inn (if stick with hilton brand) or other brand, such as Omni, Marriott, intercontinental, Hyatt as my choices of 4 star rated hotels.

1  Thank godlovetw
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We’re very sorry you experienced an undesirable stay and level of customer service. The issues you mentioned are not typical of our hotel and we are incredibly sorry for every inconvenience. Please contact us directly for further assistance with any of these matters. We appreciate you alerting us to this issue and we hope you will give us a second chance if you return to the area.

Reviewed May 12, 2012

Spent four nights here as part of a large business meeting. The hotel was beautiful, the food was very good, all the staff was super helpful and very professional. Max, the concierge, was the best. Room was very nice (yes, the bathroom is a tight fit), but it was nicely decorated and I felt the bed was very comfortable.

My only complaint, and unfortunately, it's kind of a big one, was a constant chirping noise heard in the room. At first I thought it was the smoke detector, and reported it to the front desk after the first night. Unfortunately, it continued for all four nights of my stay. It would happen at irregular, unpredictable intervals. It was a high pitched chirped, and woke me numerous times every night. Several of my co-workers also complained about being woken up by a similar chirping noise in their rooms as well. No idea what the problem is, but it really impacted my sleep quality, and appears to be a wide-spread problem, which is why I rated this hotel only average.

1  Thank sahedges
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. At your earliest convenience, please contact our Director of Rooms, Anthony Baxter, regarding the chirping noise that you heard in your room. We would appreciate knowing what room you stayed in so we can investigate this noise. We hope we will have the opportunity to serve you again the next time business or pleasure brings you to the Dallas area. Thanks again!

Reviewed April 26, 2012

I was pleased with our recent stay at this hotel. I was a little concerned given the less than positive reviews.

The hotel is decorated in a contemporary style. Very open and large lobby. Nice warm brown tones. The pool area looked nice. Glass elevators have a nice view of the pool and ponds. The hotel is next to several freeways but surprisingly very quiet.

The hotel is very large and the front desk staff is a little reserved. The rooms are stylish, clean, and comfortable. We stayed in the executive floors 17+. The rooms facing the freeway are actually larger than the rooms across the hall because of the wedge shape. You have a small entry area with double closet and the bedroom part of the room is very wide with double windows. I don't think our bed was the Hilton Serenity Bed since it seemed firm. When we made our reservations we were told the Executive Lounge is open on weekends but when we arrived, we found it is not. Because of our Hilton Honors level we were given coupons for breaksfast but didn't learn that we could have ordered off the menu rather than being limited to the buffet. Internet access was sporatic during our stay but they had technicians onsite working on a resolution. I did agree with other postings about the awkward narrow door to toilet clearance.

Room Tip: Higher rooms will elevate you from possible freeway noise. I don't think all the rooms have the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
LincolnCtr, Hotel Representative at Hilton Dallas Lincoln Centre, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2012

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We were sorry to hear that you found the bed in your guestroom to be firm. All our rooms are equipped with the Hilton Serenity bed, as this is a standard for all Hiltons. We hope you will visit us again in the near future. Thank you.