DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
The Lumen(Dallas)
  • Pool
All reviewsdouble treenorth park mallirish festivalcorner roomfloor to ceiling windowsnorthpark mallwarm cookiesgreat hotelroom was cleancentral expresswayjunior suiteenjoyed my stayordered room serviceconvenient locationshuttle servicebusiness tripeasy access
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 19, 2014

I've been a guest at this hotel once in a while since the late 90s. The last time I stayed about 4 years ago, I said never again, due to a dirty room, noisy a/c and dated facilities. I thought I would try again, due to central location, but now I truly say NEVER EVER AGAIN! Immediately entering the room, which was right next to the elevator by the way (we had asked for a room away from the elevators), my husband and I noticed all the carpet was stained everywhere - Next to the night stands, around the sofa and chairs (which were truly ugly…I usually don't have an opinion on hotel furniture). The bath area, specifically the sink being outside the door of the shower and commode, had carpet in front of it, which was stained with what appeared to be blood. The wall paper around the sink also was stained with lots of little brown dots of some kind. Disgusting. The closet doors immediately behind the sink were stained as well and looked like they hadn't been dusted in about a year. And who would put a sink in earshot of where people sleep? The a/c was SO loud, which was a little helpful when the cheerleaders were chanting outside our door at the elevators (which we requested to not be near), but it cycled on and off frequently, so each time (all night) it was disturbing. We also requested security for the cheerleader noise outside our room, but they never came, nor never apologized for the inconvenience. The sheets must be about 20 years old. I have never seen such thin and stained hotel sheets and I've stayed in hotels all over the USA, Singapore, Australia, London and Bali. My regret is that we didn't turn around and walk out as soon as we walked in. Most jr suites I've stayed in have been away from the elevators. My family is convening in Manhattan in August for a wedding. We definitely will not be staying at a Doubletree or any Hilton property. SO DISAPPOINTING! I cannot recommend anyone stay here ever. There's a nice clean Hyatt Place across the street that includes breakfast which is much nicer.

Room Tip: Just don't stay at the Doubletree Campbell Centre. Ever. Go to Hyatt Place across the street.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
MWalzl, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2014

Dear OKgirlM,

Thank you for taking time to share your comments about your experience. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.

A clean room that has been prepared for our guests is basic for a good stay. I am sorry if this was not your experience. I will direct message you so that I can better understand and address your concerns. You can be confident that we will follow-up with our team on those concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! I hope you will reconsider and stay with us again, so that you can see that this is not the norm.

Reviewed June 18, 2014

We stayed 5 days and 4 nights. The jr king suite was extremely comfortable. We enjoyed the view from the 20th floor. Hotel staff was very accommodating and the breakfast was great. We had to have a garment cleaned and it arrived back to the hotel on time. We will definitely stay at the Doubletree by Hilton again. Downside----no pool on site. No security issues...we felt safe.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
MWalzl, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Dallas - Campbell Centre, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear BobbyM,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel. I am delighted that our team was able to create a rewarding experience for you.
Not having a pool is a downside for some, but we have a few options for those people looking for some fun in the sun, right in our area. I hope we get a chance to be of service to you again soon.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

Room was dated and I requested handicapped acceptable and did not get it. A/C did not work properly and when I complained, they did not seem to care and offered 1 breakfast to make up. I won't stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank neverneveragain

Dear Nevereveragain,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to comment on Trip Advisor. Comments from our guests help us to ensure the quality and comfort of our guests. I would like to personally apologize for your recent stay with us and the issues you encountered. I will direct messgae you so that I can better understand the failures in our service and make it right. Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Just completed a 2 nights stay. This hotel is very dated and badly in need of an update. The lobby is nice however, our jr suite room was disgusting! I felt like we had stepped back in time and were staying in something out of the eighties. The furniture in the jr suite room was a bunch of mismatched odds and ends. The carpet and walls around the sink were blood stained. The bed linen contained some odd looking stains. I wondered if they even changed the linen prior to our arrival. The air con system was noisy - sorta like sleeping next to a jet engine. Both nights a cheerleading clinic was held in the hallway outside of our room from 10:30 onwards. I contacted the Hilton care line and front desk several times and it did quiet down for awhile. Although, as soon as security left the floor they started back up. The room was quite large and had a 32" lcd tv - too small for the space. I observed the hallway on our level littered with pizza box, food and crumbs. The best thing about this hotel is the warm cookie received at check-in. The housekeeping staff and management are badly in need of some training on what clean is. I was in the fitness centre when they came to clean and all the guy did (who could barely walk) was remove the soiled gym towels. By todays standards this hotel falls way short in almost every aspect of what value in hotel should be. I would not return to this hotel even if the rooms were free.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Alan M.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor after your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback as it assists us on improving our service and quality.

I will direct message you, and am hoping to get an opportunity to speak with you regarding your stay and do hope to hear from you soon. I am sorry for the experience you had, our goal is to ensure the comfort of our guests, and I would like to personally apologize if that was not the case for your stay.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

My Jr Suite was spacious and affordable. Nice combination. The warm cookie at check in was a nice touch. My Jr Suite was spacious and affordable. Nice combination. The warm cookie at check in was a nice touch.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business