“Enjoyed service there”

Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
Ranked #83 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed June 15, 2007

I stayed there as a delegate at a Dallas Telco Convention.

High quality ambiente, perfect convention atmosphere. Large room, with classic dark furniture. Huge breakfast in traditional manner, light lunches available. Liked the garden. Good location I you want to avoid downtown.

Would like to come back

• Stayed: March 2006, traveled on business

Reviewed June 14, 2007

My wife and I stayed here for a long weekend for the two of us. We primarily chose it b/c it was the best price for a hotel room near the galleria.

Most of the hotel is pretty nice but I was a little disappointed in the room just b/c the decor seemed very outdated. Other than that the
room was fine from everything working right, comfort of beds, noise, view, etc....

Given that you pretty much need a car to get around Dallas (unless you want to spend a lot of money on taxis), proximity to Galleria really wasn't all that important after all. We found ourselves driving so much to get anywhere that we could have stayed somewhere else and made the Galleria just another place to stop by.

There is a restaurant within a short drive of the hotel named "Three Forks". I had one of the best meals ever in my life there and would encourage you to stop there at least one night.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2007

Before you go make sure you join the Wyndham By Request. By merely doing this...Drinks, Snacks, Extras were all pleasantly staged in my room prior to my arrival. Clean rooms... Friendly staff and OK bed makes this hotel a good choice. My only reccomendation would be for this hotel to upgrade the beds like the Westins. Regarless, all in all a solid hotel.

Stayed: May 2007
Reviewed April 4, 2007

We visit our daughters in Dallas every Christmas because they do not have enough room and allows us to not choose between them. Each time we stay multiple nights. I love the way they decorate at Christmas.
THIS HOTEL IS A GREAT LOCATION. We can easily drive to our dining favorites and there is wonderful shopping areas nearby.
Booking a room on their site is easy and we have found the rates are pretty good.
BECOME a member of their "BY REQUEST" club and you will walk in to find refreshments of your choice.
We've had no problems so I cannot write about the management.
Next Christmas we'll be there again unless their rates become too high.

• Stayed: December 2006
Reviewed March 25, 2007

I just recently returned from a stay at the Wyndham. Here are my pros and cons:

Pros:
-Good rate
-Clean and comfortable rooms
-Close to the Galleria
-Easy parking

Cons:
-Not a lot of restaurants nearby
-Air conditioning was somewhat noisy (although this was not a big deal at all)

*As others have noted, I would recommend signing up for the Wyndham by Request. We received fruit, juice, and water in our room and we also had free internet.*

This was my second time at the hotel and I would return again.

• Stayed: March 2007
1  Thank AW41
Reviewed March 10, 2007

I stayed at the Wyndham for 3 nights. It was a wonderful hotel. The staff was super - very attentive. I got a welcoming call, and then another call later in my stay to make sure I had everything I needed. I ordered room service two nights. The food was hot, plentiful, and very good. Because I signed up for Wyndham by Request (free!) I had a great welcoming treat of wine, cheese, and crackers. I highly recommend using this benefit.
The bed was comfortable and the linens and pillows just right. The Galleria is walking distance, although there is a free shuttle from the hotel. Overall, I highly enjoyed my stay and would definitely come again!

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2007

My wife & I booked this hotel for a weekend getaway. The rooms were clean and well kept. We had previously stayed in the Hilton Lincoln center across I-635. The Wyndham was far better and $40 a night less. The hotel is busier during the week than on weekends.

The drinks in the bar are strong at a decent price. The bartender was great. She was was very friendly. On the second night she remembered the previous night's orders. The food in the restaurant was excellent. I don't think my glass ever reached the half-way mark.

Internet access is $10.95 a night. Plenty of free parking.

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled as a couple