“Awesome Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
texas
“Awesome Stay”
Reviewed February 3, 2007

Booked the Wyndham for a weekend getaway to the Galleria. The rooms were clean and comfortable. Staff was helpful and eager to do so. Our 3 year old loved the pool and the free goodie bag you get for being a Wyndham By Request member.

Stayed February 2007
4 Thank CharlesClark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Louisiana
Reviewed January 23, 2007

Excellent value, I would recommend this hotel. Efficent check in, clean, up-dated room and excellent food.

• Liked — Convient parking
  • Disliked — Small bath room
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank grandisle
Minneapolis
Reviewed October 31, 2006

I spent 5 days here and found the staff to be the most friendly and accomodating of any place I have stayed. If I had a complaint it was that I got TOO much attention in the restaurant; i.e. my water glass was refilled after each sip. Room service was great, the room was very clean and the front desk, concierge and shuttle drivers were cheerful and helpful. There is a regularly scheduled shuttle to the Galleria which was very convenient.

• Liked — The cheerful friendly staff
  • Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank NonnyMouse
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 9, 2006

I pre-paid for 4 nights at this hotel. I stayed in the room for two nights. The third night at midnight I returned to the hotel and put my key in the door but it wouldn't work. I went to the front desk to find out what was wrong: they had checked me out of my room and put other people in my room. They didn't even apologize for this debackle and they told me to come back the next day to work out the financial issues. The room was "okay", definitely not updated, pretty old furnishings. The bathtub wouldn't drain (and they didn't fixit after I asked), toilet kept running, etc.

• Stayed July 2006
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Missouri
Reviewed June 24, 2006

I stayed at the Wyndham for a business trip, then returned for a weekend getaway. The hotel is in a great location right off the highway, and is only a few blocks from one of the biggest malls, the Galleria. Restaraunts can be a little hard to come by, but I would suggest the room service. The staff is very friendly and the food is great. Our room was clean (which I am very picky about) and we had no issues with the hotel. The only thing was that parking gets full at night, but the hotel was booked when we were there.

One key: if you want to stay in a Wyndham, join their free club, Wyndham By Request. Before you arrive, you can request the type of pillows you want, the type of room, where you want the room (by elevator or on low floor) and they even provide snacks (cookies, candy, bottled water, sodas) all for FREE. Most hotels, when you make a reservation, the room is not guaranteed. With Wyndham By Request, they give you priority.

• Stayed February 2006
4 Thank lovelytan
Houston, Texas
Reviewed June 11, 2006

I have yet to be disappointed with a stay at a Wyndham, and my recent stay at the Wyndham Dallas North by the Galleria is no exception.

I experienced a smooth and pleasant check-in, clean and spacious room, convenient and reasonably priced restaurant (I highly recommend the breakfast buffet!), and easy express check-out. The only thing I noticed that was missing (although not really a problem for me) was that there was no bellman at the door when I arrived.

The Galleria shopping center is a 5 minute drive (the hotel offers a shuttle). The location next to LBJ Freeway (I-635) was a concern at first, but I found it to be easy to get around, and I didn't hear ANY traffic in my room that faced the freeway.

One big tip: If you choose to make a reservation here, be sure to sign up for the Wyndham ByRequest program beforehand. You can do it online, it's free, and I haven't found any catches so far. The membership gives you. among other things, free highspeed internet access and free local AND long-distance phone calls (yes, free long-distance). And they give you a welcome snack, which you get to choose! It takes effect immediately (you don't have to earn any number of points before the benefits start)...It's unlike any other frequent-stay hotel I know of.

I highly recommend the Wyndham Dallas North by the Galleria.

• Stayed June 2006
7 Thank jdbhouston
Isle of Wight
Reviewed April 7, 2006

I was passing through Dallas on the way to Houston and pre-booked the Wyndham Hotel. It is a business class hotel with budget deals.
The rooms were very comfortable and the traffic noise was barely noticeable. The fittings were in good order and clean. The staff were attentive and cheerful. Overall a great place to stay at the price.

8 Thank greenmedic