“Great hotel! ”

Ranked #59 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great hotel! ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

Loved the design quality of the rooms: most hotels spend the majority if time and money on lobbies, but the room was beautiful! Staff was friendly, quiet hotel. I would give a 5-star if the view has been better than a gravel rooftop, especially because everything else had so much detail. Even a nicer roof material would have been nice. Gosh, a rooftop garden would be spectacular!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Trekkinggirls
Manny V, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post a review. I apologize for the roof top view, we do have alternative views and we would love the opportunity to provide one on your next trip!
On a more positive note I am pleased you loved the design of your room and you found our staff friendly!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Rooms Division Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

The hotel still is way above average. But, when you check in at midnight, you want to go to sleep. First, my room key didn't work. Next the air conditioner was struggling to cool the room.

But the main irritant, last visit and this, was the lack of any electrical outlets near the bed. Actually, the outlet is located squarely behind the bed. As before, in order to plug in my CPAP, I had to pull the base of the bed away from the wall, crawl over to the middle of the bed, unplug the alarm clock, plug in my cord, reposition the bed, remove the down comforter that is hardly needed in a room that is not cool in Dallas in July, and then remind myself that my plan was to get some sleep.

Then, like some sort of wake-up call, the A/C shuts off automatically around 8:00 am.

Breakfast was great and the staff was helpful. Getting to the hotel still is a bit like driving through a war zone, but they can't help the road construction.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Tim D
Dear Tim D,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post a review. I am happy to hear our staff is friendly and helpful and that you chose our hotel for your visit. I apologize for the electrical outlets, we do offer alternatives at the front desk. We provide the comforters in the room to ensure we are catering for all sorts of sleepers as some of our guests enjoy a more snug sleep!

Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service. If you make your way back to Dallas I hope that you will again choose our hotel, and if you want to reach out to me prior to your stay I will personally ensure the success of your visit.

Dartmouth, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel was nice and comfy, and as a bonus I had a view of amazing fireworks from my room. The beds were nice and clean as was the bathroom.

Great workout facility. Pool looked nice but didn't use it.
Food was good, service kind of slow even though the bar wasn't busy.

Beware of the far left elevator. I got in it and it shot right up very fast to the top floor even though I had pressed my floor. It was scary so needless to say I walked down from 15-6. Mentioned it to the front desk in the Am and he's said oh ya it should be blocked off.. Oops guess they need to put a sign up.

Overall a fine comfy stay on July 4.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Luluflies
Manny V, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Luluflies,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post a review. I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the problems that you experienced during your stay. I also apologize that the elevators were not working, we are working closely with our elevator company to correct issue promptly. I am happy to hear the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed was comfortable and that the rooms were clean.

Rothschild, Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2014

I simply stayed here because the conference I was attending was at the hotel. I was not overly impressed. At first I got the run around on room prices and was hoping to get the rate my conference was offering. They could only guarantee that for the 1st night and then the rest of my stay I had to pay their, which went up by more than $150/night. I hesitated and booked the room. I then went to an online booking site and found rates much cheaper and ended up cancelling my initial reservation and using the online booking rate instead and saved more than $250 for my stay. I noticed as I was checking in and at other times when I used the front desk, they were giving guests that same run around.

The room was satisfactory; I was to have a king and they gave me a queen. I had been going round and round with them on my reservations before even getting to Dallas, and by then I was sick of fighting. I just kept the queen room. The bathroom was quite small; had to shut the door to even sit on the toilet. I was on the freeway side on the 7th floor and it was noisy at night. I thought being the last room in the hall next to the ice machine was going to be noisy, but the freeway noise was much worse.

The pool area was okay; but it is on the other side of the fence of the parking lot for the apartment complex next door and again, the freeway is right there as well. I found it a little quieter in the evening to take a book and do some reading. It was always clean at least.

Since breakfast was included with my room, I did have breakfast one morning, which was okay. The selection was large and I'm glad I was paying $14 for this. If you chose to not have your room cleaned daily, you received a $5 voucher to use in the small bar/restaurant area. This came in handy for my last evening's meal.

The hotel itself is not close too much. They say there is a concierge on their website, but I never saw on at the desk. I asked about a tour of Dallas and the staff simply did a Google search (I done a TripAdvisor search of tours before leaving for Dallas and was glad I had done so!); I was hoping someone would have a personal recommendation. A cab downtown costs $35-40 one way. They do have a shuttle service that will take you within 3 miles of the hotel and come to pick you up as well. We did this to have dinner over off the Belt Line which has close to 100 different restaurants. The Galleria is a nice mall and has a nice restaurant, the Grill, which is more upscale and pricey, but the food was fantastic!

If I travel to Dallas again, I'd definitely stay downtown as there is more to see and do there. If I were at a conference again, I'd consider a different hotel as there were a couple others in this same area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Alecia S
Manny V, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Alicia S,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post a review. I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the problems that you experienced during your stay. I also apologize that the we did not have the group rate available when you arrived and we apologize for the room issues you encountered. I am happy to hear you were able to take advantage of the Make a Green Choice program. We do offer a shuttle within a 3 mile radius which includes the Galleria Mall, over 150 restaurants, and 3 different movie theaters.

PEI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were visiting family and found the location perfect for getting to and fro. We visited the Perot Museum, the 6th Floor Depository and the Aquarium in Dallas and also traveled to Mesquite for a rodeo.The construction was a bit scary at first but no real issue once you understood the layout.

The breakfast buffet had an excellent variety of both hot and cold selections plus fresh fruit, good coffee (with "to-go" cups available). The friendly gentleman who greeted us each morning was excellent!

We had a King size room. It was quite comfortable and we had no issues with it. We also did not experience any problems with outside noise - we were on the 7th floor and our stay lasted 5 nights.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GrandmaBPei
Huntsville, Missouri, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2014

The Beds was Great. The Staff Great. elvators did not work and when they was it was slow. Our room was on the 11 th floor and we had to to take stairs. Everything was extra bottled water in the room was $4.00 dollars. The pool was like swimming in a parking lot and was painted BROWN. It even looked worse than I can make it sound. No Hot Tub. Only place to eat at the hotel was not to be found until the last day I found it and the Breakfast was GREAT and was $14.00 dollars. Never ate there after that because I was checking out at noon that day.
Out of the way Hotel nothing to do but watch the interstate....

Room Tip: go some where closer to downtown
Green Features: They recycled plastic/cans but the hotel is old and they allowed you to have no housekeeping daily and would give you a $5.00 coupon to use in the hotel ONLY
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Manny V, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Marl P,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post a review. I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the problems that you experienced during your stay. I also apologize that the elevators were not working, we are working closely with our elevator company to correct issue promptly. I am happy to hear the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed was comfortable and that the breakfast was great. We offer one complimentary bottled water and the larger bottle is $4.00, additionally we have complimentary bottle water available at the front desk. Our pool area is brand new, with a beach sand bottom to provide a natural feel for our guests.

florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights. There was a large convention going on but the service was satisfactory.
There were problems with the elevators
The room was comfortable. we were upgraded to a deluxe room.Breakfast came with the room and was ok with lots of choices but no deviation during our stay.
The Club lounge was not really worth the extra cost and food offered was minimal.There was free wine 5-7
Beds were comfortable and AC worked well
The location is right off the expressway and near the Galleria Shopping Center

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Bradyboy2,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post a review. I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the problems that you experienced during your stay. I also apologize that the elevators were not working, we are working closely with our elevator company to correct issue promptly. The Sheraton Club Lounge has a upgraded continental breakfast with one hot item, a cappuccino machine, soft drinks, and complimentary beer and wine. I am happy to hear the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed was comfortable and that the A/C worked well.