Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
$169
$189
$184
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgalleria mallfront desklbj freewayclub roomsheraton dallasbreakfast was includednice hotelbed was comfortablewi fifree shuttlebusiness tripwater pressureup to dateshuttle serviceself parkingconsconference
Reviewed September 19, 2008

Warning - this hotel has HORRIBLE security practices.

I stayed at this property 9/11-9/14 and, as a Starwood Platinum guest, was given a nice room on the club floor. However, I came back from work to find my Ipod, Bose Headset, and two sets of keys missing!
After digging around, it turns out the housekeeping staff admitted to letting a stranger with no ID into my room. There didn't even bother telling me until I reported the crime to the police.

After 8 calls to Starwood -and many promises up and down the chain - a week has gone by and I am still waiting on them to provide me a form to submit a claim.

Not only was the hotel negligent - they are totally inconsiderate. How hard is it to send out an insurance form???

NEVER STAY HERE. EVER.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank travel_fiend_75
Reviewed August 4, 2008

We booked a room with Prava Suites through Hotwire and were moved to this hotel. This is a nice hotel, with a new remodel. Rooms are comfy and updated with flat screens and Starbucks coffee too. The only problem we had was not getting our room cleaned the second night. The lady asked if we wanted our room cleaned, and we said yes, and we would be leaving soon, only to come back late that night to a dirty room. Hotel staff was not too concerned either. Who knows maybe the lady didn't understand English??
Happy Travels!!

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank funtravelfamily
Reviewed July 16, 2008

This hotel has the potential to be a very nice hotel but seems to have stopped trying. The hot tub was out, the pool area is very stark and would benefit from some plants, the women's restroom at the pool area was out of order, ice machine on our floor was broke...Room was nice enough except for the ancient pepperoni we found on the floor by the drapes. None of these things would matter alone, but all together show a lack of attention to detail and customer care.

The worst was the driver who took us to the Galleria Mall in the hotel shuttle. He crammed more people in the van than there was seat belts for. He did not wear a seatbelt. He had the radio set to an offensive rap station full of explicit sexual language. And when I asked him how he was he replied in an annoyed tone "Bored".

The best was the rest of the hotel staff who were very friendly and helpful.

Would I stay here again? Not for the money.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 13, 2008

We stayed at this hotel for a conference, and were on the Club floor. Beautiful, spacious rooms with great views. Recently renovated, and it looks it. I did see the hallway on a lower floor, and it wasn't as regal. Our floor and room were great, as was the suite used for our meetings. (The bartender was very unfriendly, be warned.)

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed May 16, 2008

Booked room through SPG, used points. Stayed here due to proximity to events in Dallas area, lesser points category. Hotel indeed renovated. Rooms appear new, with flat screen tv. Good.

Renovation of common areas (hallways/elevators) not yet complete, I hope. Ambivalent.

Speant little time. This hotel will be fine. Just woudn't recommend to a travelista or someone looking for Ritz-type experience (duh- It's a Sheraton!).

Stayed: May 2008