“Quiet location and well maintained”

Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
Ranked #82 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there three nights. The room is spacious, a bit old but well maintained. Just a heads up, I opted for "go green" and the cleaner did not clean my room not even empty the rubbish or replaced the towel. Galleria mall is two blocks behind the hotel but due to the hotel location on the highway no pedestrian is allowed and there is no foot path either. The shuttle is ready to take us there and the waiting time is between 15-30 minutes.
The breakfast is great, plenty of variety and delicious. The staff are very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed: October 2013
Steven S, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2013

Dear Traveler,
Thank you so much for providing a review on your stay. We look forward to seeing you during your next trip to Dallas.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I am a flight attendant and frequetly stay here on layovers. On Thursday October 24, 2013, I and my crew were shuttled to the airport where we were to work our flight that afternoon. Upon arrival at security, I did not have my employee badge with me. I was unable to do my job and was in jeopardy of of many dislikeable consequences because of that. I quickly got on my phone and called the hotel and spoke with Marvi. She was extremely helpful and very efficient. She was able to access my room, find my badge and hire a town car and driver to deliver it to me at the airport. Within one hour my badge was in my hand and I was through security and joined up with my crew with no further inconveniences to them or our passengers. (In fact our aircraft was delayed in arriving into Dallas)
She followed up with a several phone calls and supplied me with the license plate number of the towncar. Everything worked out perfectly and I can't say enough about how much I appreciate all she did to help me out, in what I considered, dire circumstances. Thank you Marvi.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We will be sure to share this experience with the rest of our team as an example of excellent service.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great staff from front desk to house keeping. I especially had a great time at the lobby bar restaurant , looks newly renovated . Food was great had the French dip with sweet potato fries . Service was very good and friendly the restaurant manager came by and said hi to every table. The lobby area had great energy. I definitely will return on my next visit to Dallas

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Romain88,
Thank you for sharing your experience. It sounds like you had a great stay. We hope to see you again next time your in Dallas.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed here for OU/TX weekend. A little difficult to find due to construction. Nice enough room, comfy beds. Room service was good! Bathroom sink drain couldn't be closed. We reported it to the front desk, but it wasn't fixed when we left (but not a huge problem). Our floor was nice and quiet. I accidentally left my wedding rings in an obvious place in our room all day. The maid actually covered them with other items to make them less noticeable! Thank you!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank marrpublic
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The inside hotel is really nice and modern. The rooms are fine but nothing fancy. It works great if you work in the north dallas area. Close to freeways and easy to get to places. The road construction is somewhat annoying.

Room Tip: Try to get the club room since they have a nice happy hour and breakfast in the morning
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Tim M
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We recently stayed the Sheraton on two occasions over a 10 day period. We are Starwood Gold members so they upgraded us to Club Level. We enjoyed both of our stays and the staff in the club lounge and front desk were very friendly and helpful. The only reason I didn't rate an excellent is that we had to pay for internet on our first stay, $11.95, a day, which you don't have to pay for almost anywhere these days. The second time we stayed, it was complimentary. Not sure why? Also, this is not the hotels fault, but the construction around the hotel is so confusing, it took forever to figure out how to get to the hotel. It is located in a convenient location to the things we wanted to do in Dallas, without being in the heart of downtown.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

Wonderful breakfast! One of the best I have had at a Sheraton. Lobby and common areas all look brand new. The rooms were not quite as updated but still nice and comfortable. Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank NeilKuehn

Dear NeilKuehn,
Thank you for taking the time to rate your experience. We cant wait to see you next time you visit Dallas.