“Great stay!” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
raleigh, nc
“Great stay!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was a groupon purchase and I got much more than my money's worth. The service was great, rooms clean, and the hotel food was good. We really enjoyed the fitness center that was clean and modern. Everybody wasnicefrom the front desk to the room staff. The only thing missing was a room safe and robe hook in the bathroom.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank sewven

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

The hotel has undergone a wonderful renovation, the rooms, amenities & bar are all excellent.
The staff is top notch in terms of service. They really go out of their way to make sure everything is right for you.
And it's great North Dallas location. Very close to just about everything.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Davidgoewey
Lake City, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

This was great hotel just north of Dallas. The hotel has been recently renovated and nicely done. It has a very modern feel with clean lines and excellent decor. My room was on the top floor. It had more than enough space, a luxurious king size bed with equally nice linens, flat screen t.v., sitting chair and table, and a built in work station that I took advantage of. Downstairs was a very inviting restaurant and bar. I did have a drink there, but no dinner. The staff was incredibly nice and accommodating, both the front desk and bar staff.

The only down side to this property was that can be a little difficult to get to the first time. You need to take a service road that runs adjacent to the freeway. First time is a little tricky to find. They also charge for parking, both valet and self parking. It's not included in the room rate. So count on that as an additional charge.

All together, I would gladly stay at this property again when in the area. It was quite nice, and I really enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank rmcl26
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

I live in nearby Addison, and this hotel has become THE hotel I recommend for friends and family who come to visit.

PROS:
Recently renovated property - everything is very clean and comfortable
Free Breakfast - right now the hotel offers a complimentary breakfast that does not disappoint
Great Rates - This hotel is one of the best values in the area - especially on weekends
Excellent Service - The front desk staff is tops. They are what makes this property truly shine!

CONS:
Location - With the massive construction project going on with the LBJ freeway, it can make getting to/from the property difficult for those not familiar with the property. However, this is a minor complaint and COMPLETELY out of the control of the hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank McLakley
Ward, AR
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

Beautiful hotel, walls are pretty thin, because the people next to us sounded like there were 14 people in there. But, beautiful hotel, clean minus vacuuming, and convenient to everything we needed. Construction was AWFUL, but, that's Dallas I guess. And they tell you there is a 12.95 internet charge, which now a days is RIDICULOUS, but what they fail to tell you is that it is PER DEVICE. So, in 2 days we would have paid 40 for internet usage, I think after my complaining we only paid 30, but really, most hotels, nice and even the cheaper ones, the internet is FREE.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Christine J
SheratonDallasNorth, Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Traveler,
Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our new look and the convenient location of the hotel. I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria. As a management team, we take all comments seriously and share them with our staff. I would like to apologize for being charged multiple times for your internet. Our rates are 11.95 for a 24 hour period for each room. If you were charged for multiple connections please reach out to me and I will be happy to take care of any additional charges for internet. My email address is steven.shanks@sheratondallasnorth.com. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.

Steven Shanks, Director of Operations
Bossier City, Louisiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

December 7th-8th 2012... We celebrated my mothers 80th Birthday (Mrs JoAnn) and stayed at the Sheraton!! Great hospitality by ALL especially NINA at the front desk!! She went above and beyond our expectations!! The Sheraton is a GREAT place to stay while visiting the Dallas area. AND by the way... YOU ROCK NINA!!! Hope to see you next year on our annual DALLAS GIRL TRIP!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Dana S
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2013

Prior to my stay I called the Sheraton to inquire about a reliable car service for my daughter and her friends attending a concert at Fair Park during our stay in Dallas. The lady I spoke with (Joy) was very helpful and gave me the name and number of a very reliable person with a car service. Customer service like that is very far and few between. Every time I visit the Dallas area I will be staying at the Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria. Very nice, clean and convenient to the beltway.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends