“Not what I expected”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Kansas
“Not what I expected”
Reviewed March 20, 2008

Booked two rooms for three nights. Could not get one room with two double beds for any of the nights or even a roll away bed. I booked this through Priceline so that was probably one of the problems. The hotel could not accomodate us on anything. Do not know if this was due to us being priceline customers or the fact that they had a hotel full of youth soccer players who had free reign of the hotel. The continual running up and down the halls yelling and screaming did not add to the atmosphere. Rooms were fairly decent but seemed hollow. The doors were paper thin and being close to the elevator was a pain due to the constant flow of people all night. Having to listen to their loud conversations while trying to sleep was not pleasant. Only two of three elevators worked and the two that worked were extremely slow. My son called for a channel guide because there was not one in the room, the lobby sent one up. The next night my daughter in another room called for a channel guide and they made her go down and get it. I guess this place is hit or miss on the service and we definitely had a stay that was far from pleasant. We are not fussy people as were are a family with four kids and know traveling is never going to be perfect but this was not what we were expecting from a hotel of this supposed caliber. I am glad I did not pay the going advertised rates because I would have really been upset. Happy travels.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Service and poor wireless access
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
Kilgore
Reviewed March 11, 2008

This was an excellent hotel and room. Clean, spacious rooms with ammenities ie: Dataport, wifi, lcd tv, coffee pot with starbucks coffee, hairdryer, ironing board and iron. I have to say this is one of the best hotels we have ever stayed in. The front desk help was friendly and helpful. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — Spacious Room
  • Disliked — There were a few conferences going on so parking was bad
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2008

stayed at the sheraton north dallas, which opened on jan 25th, last week. It was actually the wyndom galleria, but now it has new management. I actually booked the hotel thinking it was the wyndom, so it was a surprise when i drove up to a sheraton. With new owners, there are new furnishings, new carpet, etc... it feels like a new hotel. There is construction going on to redo the rooms. The worst noise though was the aircondition/heater turning on at night. Very very noisy. Also the highway could be heard (i 635 is right outside). The location was great...the galleria is a minute away (not close enough to walk, though). The staff was very friendly and kind. The internet connection was free, wireless, and very slow. no fridge or microwave. everything was clean.

• Liked — new carpet, new furnishings
  • Disliked — noisy heater/air condition
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
Texas
Reviewed December 10, 2007

The hotel had a beautiful lobby and pool area. The kids loved the inside/outside pool. From there, however, it was not as great. The room drastically needed remodeling. There was some construction going on, so maybe they were in the process. The bathroom was unusually small, although had nice amneties for your personal use (shampoo, soaps.) The staff was very friendly and helpful. I wouldn't have wanted to stay longer than a day or so, just due to the room and bathroom. Overall, however it was fine.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — room
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Ok
Reviewed December 1, 2007

We were excited to stay here from all the reviews we read. It is very close to the Galleria- which was nice! We had wine and cheese/crackers awaiting our check-in. (Thanks to signing up for ByRequest)

Rooms lacked style.

Halls were noisey.

Staff was very nice.

All in all...not terrible- but probably wont stay again!

• Stayed December 2007
North Little Rock, AR
Reviewed November 6, 2007

I stayed at the Wyndham by the Galleria on a business trip in October 2007. The hotel itself is pretty nice (it used to be a Hilton, apparently) and the location is an easy walk to the Galleria and is a quick cab ride from Love airport.

The pros:

-big, clean rooms with Bath & Body Works bath products.
-an easily accessible business center where it was no problem for me to print out my Southwest boarding pass (at no charge)
-Very friendly, very helpful staff
-A good hotel, though it does permit smoking so be warned if that bothers you
-Nice and close to the wonderful Galleria

Cons:
-No free wireless. I still don't get why ALL hotels don't offer this for free.
-I had a busted wake-up call button on my phone (it rang busy.)

Those are pretty minor complaints, though. The hotel was great for business travel, and a very comfortable place to stay overall.

Stayed October 2007
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 18, 2007

This stay was great from start to finish. The gracious staff and amenities made up for the parts of the hotel which had not yet been renovated.

Although I arrived early my room was ready and they allowed me to check in. They apologized that my snack and beverage were not yet in the room and that they had not yet put my hospitality basket [for the event I was attending] in the room. They offered to have a staff person carry the hospitality basket to the room for me.

When I returned from lunch and a little bit of sightseeing they had placed a bottle of wine, a box of crackers, cheese, a bottle of water, a pretty glass plate, a cloth napkin, silverware and a wine glass in my room. The wine, cheese and crackers were all high quality products. There was enough that I and my roommate used them for a light lunch the next day.

Saturday morning we ate in the restaurant. About the time that the waitress should have been serving our breakfast she appeared very apologeticlly. The cook had just told her that they were out of smoked salmon [an ingredient in my omlet] and would I like to substitute something else or order another dish. I ordered another dish and it was out very quickly. Not only was my breakfast comped but also my roommate's breakfast was comped.

Saturday night when we arrived back from the dinner and party there was a voicemail message. The manager had called to find out if I needed any help the next day when I was leaving. She also wanted to know how my stay had been and if there had been any problems.

Sunday at noon [check-out time] the hotel system shut off the key cards for all the rooms. They called the event host without prompting and apologized. They offered to make new key cards for anyone who needed them until they left.

• Liked — gracious staff
  • Disliked — nothing to walk to although staff would graciously drive you
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business