“Great Hotel for Business Travel”

Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
Ranked #68 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great Hotel for Business Travel”
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I take about 28 business trips a year and have found that when in Dallas this Sheraton has exceptional rooms, great bed, pillow, and set up for my laptop. Flat screen TV, the rooms are clean, comfortable, and quiet. Breakfast is great, and the fitness room is excellent - lots of new cardio equipment, weight machines, and free weights - and once again CLEAN!
Service is good, front desk friendly and helpful.
Getting on and off the freeway is quick (though the only negative is that there is some freeway construction going on - but you can't hear it from the rooms).
Swimming pool (outdoor) is nice, clean, and good enough to cool off in.
This hotel is a solid deal.

Room Tip: I've been up on the 7th floor twice now - around room 716.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Reportman

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Fulshear, Texas
Reviewed July 31, 2012

The hotel itself is very very nice, the common areas are very nicely appointed.
I found the room to be very nice with the exception of the chair which was very uncomfortable to sit and read in. It looks great it just does not function well.
The bed is very comfortable and the bedding was very nice. The room was spotless. I would like a refrigerator in the room however.
I booked on a online discount website so the value was exceptional I found the service to be very good with the exception of the morning I checked out. I called for a bell man and after waiting for approximately 30 minutes I called to check and was told that the Bellman was off property and would be back within 10 to 15 minutes. With the exception of that minor hiccup everything else was very good

• Stayed July 2012
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Stayed couple nights on business trip in July. I am Platinum SPG member. Breakfast was included in rate so not sure if that was a perk. Hotel is very clean and updated. Lobby very attractive as was restaurant. Rooms were nice with comfortable beds and central air so nice and quite. Parking is a bit of a pain as you have to use room key each day to get in and out but location is right off of frontage road so easy to get on and off expressway. All the staff I talked with were very friendly. Did have flat screen TV with HD channels. Wifi was strong and fast. Will be staying here again if price is right. Did stay down the road at the Westin and not so nice! Would recommend this one over the westin if location works for you.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Traveler_ko
Sanger, Texas
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The hotel was recently renovated and has a contemporary look. I was very pleased with the hotel and the staff was wonderful. Booked a night for a getaway and spent most of the day at the pool. The pool is small like stated by other reviewers and near the highway but neither of those items took away from our experience. The pool area has a relaxing feel about it and we enjoyed our day. The rooms are nice, nothing extrodinary. Bed was comfortable and the pillows were great. Booked the hotel through hotwire but still treated by the front desk staff like a perferred guest unlike other hotel experiences I have had, Will definated return. Only negative is the highway construction in the area but nothing the hotel has any control over. Once we figured out the back way into the hotel it was no longer an issue.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed July 27, 2012

The surrounding area has construction which makes it difficult to enter/leave hotel parking lot. Room key is required for elevator use. On repeated occasions there was no one at the front desk to help answer questions or lend assistance. We were delayed FIVE DAYS in getting our $50.00 deposit back. Very disappointed with our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Be prepared to have your deposit put on hold for a span of time.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank liab501
Ryan M, General Manager at Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
I want to thank you for providing us feedback in regards to your recent stay. Please accept my sincere apologies, as it is clear we came up short of your expectations and short of our high standards of hospitality. We pride ourselves on our great service standars, and it is disappointing we were not able to show you our true hospitality during your experience with us. We also could have done a better job in explaining our debit card policies at check in, to ensure no surprises, and present you with other worry free payment options at that time. After our $17M renovation, we are driven to have our service complement our gorgeous new product, and I truly hope you give us another chance to showcase this guest focused culture.
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed July 23, 2012

I travel to Dallas at least one weekend every couple of months to visit friends. This was my first time staying at the Sheraton. The front desk staff were extremely courteous and helpful upon check-in, the lobby was beautiful and very modern, and the room was very well furnished. However, once I had checked into my room I had no hand towels in the bathroom and while they furnished an ice bucket there were no glasses. I called the front desk to request these items along with a refrigerator for the duration of my stay. When I returned from dinner there was one plastic glass, one hand towel and a very dirty refrigerator with dried sticky soda and black hairs stuck at the bottom. On the third day of my stay I decided to visit the bar for a drink and a light appetizer for dinner. There were only three other customers in the bar area and it took the two employees behind the bar at least ten minutes to even acknowledge I was there. Finally one of the gentlemen told me they would be with me in a few minutes. While the new renovations of the hotel might have been a 3.5 start quality the staff and service I received over my 4 days there were not.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Arabus491- Thank you for providing us with valuable feedback on your recent stay. On behalf of the entire team, our sincere apologies for coming up short of high standards of operations during your recent visit. The lack of detail in your guestroom and less than engaging service in our restaurant was certainly unacceptable, and clearly not our standard. Our team would love another chance to show you our true hospitality, so please do not hesitate to reach out to myself or any of our outstanding managers here to allow us that opportunity.

We pride ourselves on service and cleanliness, and we are disappointed we did not exemplify our passions on your last stay. I am confident in this great team and our service culture, that we will show our true colors on your next visit to our great hotel.
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We held our family reunion in Dallas and stayed at the Sheraton Hotel. The staff was professional but very warm and friendly at the same time. Anything we needed the people were more then willing to help us. I loved the decor and the layout of the building and would gladly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family