“Fast and clean”

Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria
Ranked #71 of 206 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed September 21, 2013

Made resv by phone, got there and check in was in less than 5 min. Parking was very close to door (very nice). Cookie was very warm. Shower was clean, although there was not much water pressure, but taking a shower there was good anyway.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Called the hotel directly for the rate. Was quoted $89 but billed for $99 by automated reservations center. Desk clerk admitted she quoted $89, but she would not adjust the price because the system was saying $99. Double Tree Corporate would not discuss saying that they wouldn't negotiate rates. No negotiating needed. I was quoted one rate and the desk clerk admitted this. Not a good way to build faith in your company. Quoting one price and billing another in my book is just unethical and poor customer service. It's only ten dollars, but I feel not standing by your word is a bad business decision. Lost my business and my family will now stay someonewhere else in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2013

Tommy C,
First of all thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at our property. I apologize to hear that you had a negative experience with us regarding your reservation and rate confirmation. We always honor a confirmed reservation rate that has a confirmation number. The reservations booking agent is to confirm the rate when getting a credit card number prior to giving a confirmaiton number. if we determine there was an error we will be happy to make that adjustment with your rate.
Gordon Rostvold

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I had a convention at this hotel, so decided to stay there instead of driving from somewhere else. It was a bit pricey, but nice. The first night it was sold out and I got in late so I had a handicapped room. Did not work for me. Was very noisy due to large fans on the ground floor (I was on the second floor) right outside my window. Kicked on and off all night. Sounded like an airplane flying over. Breakfast buffet was decent, nothing fancy at your typical larger hotel prices. Service was very good. I tried to find a Dallas paper before going to my convention. None in the hotel. They have WSJ, USA Today and NY Times, but no Dallas either day I stayed. I asked about it and they told me there was a Walmart down the street that might have one. Other than that, staff was very helpful and courteous. I moved into a double queen room the following night. Very nice except for the shower area. It needs some paint and upkeep. I would stay there again, with some kind of a discount.

Room Tip: Quieter on a higher floor. Do not stay in room 204. Large fans outside that kick on and off all...
Reviewed September 13, 2013

When I typically think of Doubletree's a refurbished other chain hotel comes to mind. Basically, there isn't much consistency compared to other Hilton banners. This location exceeded my expectations and I recommend it if you are visiting the area.
Pros:
Great lobby bar
Easy location to get to from DFW (20 min)
Friendly and helpful staff
Comfortable bed and bedding

Cons
Breakfast buffet was touted as chef inspired or something to that effect. It was nothing better than a Hilton Garden Inn
Room service closed down early (called at 1045 or so and they weren't taking orders). A grilled cheese or something takes 2 min to make and would have garnered a nice profit margin for the hotel.

Overall great stay.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Very good experience with this hotel. This was the second stay and I will be thre again in Nov. Always have been very pleasant people at the front desk and at breakfast. Would definitly recommend to anyone staying in this area.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here July 20' 2013. Customer service was super. The pool was clean and refreshing. Beds clean and soft, perfect. It has everything you want in a hotel including restaurants,and a bar.
Priced reasonably. We had a great weekend. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I checked it online but booked by phone. Customer service was great.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We experienced issues with the air conditioning, the service in the restaurant, and housekeeping - the restaurant was closed on Friday and Saturday nights - bar was open and the bar tender was the bar tender, waitress and I think the cook. Housekeeping, never replenished my wash cloths, didn't change my sheets when I had a nose bleed - just covered it with another sheet - and never could get my room cool -

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business