“Essilor”

Ranked #69 of 201 Hotels in Dallas
Louisville, United States
“Essilor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

Very good experience with this hotel. This was the second stay and I will be thre again in Nov. Always have been very pleasant people at the front desk and at breakfast. Would definitly recommend to anyone staying in this area.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here July 20' 2013. Customer service was super. The pool was clean and refreshing. Beds clean and soft, perfect. It has everything you want in a hotel including restaurants,and a bar.
Priced reasonably. We had a great weekend. Highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I checked it online but booked by phone. Customer service was great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Red Oak, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

We experienced issues with the air conditioning, the service in the restaurant, and housekeeping - the restaurant was closed on Friday and Saturday nights - bar was open and the bar tender was the bar tender, waitress and I think the cook. Housekeeping, never replenished my wash cloths, didn't change my sheets when I had a nose bleed - just covered it with another sheet - and never could get my room cool -

singapore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

Spent 6 nights here on a business trip recently. Room size was decent but you could tell how worn out the furniture and fittings were. I had to change rooms 'cos Maintenance reported that water was leaking from my bathroom into the hallway! The breakfast selection was extremely limited - you get cereal, porridge, bacon, sausages, eggs done any way you fancy, waffles, hotcakes and the exact same fruit. There was no variation at all day-to-day eg. swapping bacon with ham or having potatotes and vegetables done in different styles.

However, the staff was friendly and helpful, so that was great. The gym was a windowless 'box' in the basement/Lower Lobby and had the basic equipment of stairmaster, bike and treadmill with a couple of weight stations.

All in, an acceptable business hotel at a reasonable tariff is what you get here.

San Antonio, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

May one night stay at DoubleTree in Dallas near the Galleria was rewarding for a few good reasons: 1. I was greeted with a warm, soft chocolate cookie. How did they know this was a favorite of mine. In fact, when I checked out, I asked and received another. What a reward. 2. The bed was so very fresh, and comfortable. I was somewhat ill from motion sickness and feel asleep almost immediately upon entering the room. It was the best sleep ever. The sheets and bedding were clean and the mattress was perfect. 3. When I awoke I was starving and it was passed 10 p.m. I was alone in an unfamiliar city. Thank God for late night room service. The food was presented attractively and was still warm and tasty. My overall stay was marvelous!

Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We are here for a weekend getaway..We watched several of the staff interact with guest and always saw above and beyond service..Lovely breakfast buffet..and separate omelet. And waffle area,that are freshly made..Collin made us a superb omelet and delighted us with a little of his nice voice..It is I must say if you are away, from home this is a wonderful home away from home

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dallas, TX, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

I received great service with my first stay at the Doubletree hotel near the Galleria. I unfortunately locked my rental car keys in the trunk and had a slight nightmare of a day trying to resolve my mistake. The hotel helped me troubleshoot and resolve my problem by calling a locksmith, non-emergency services, towing service; made sure I was fed and hydrated, still had access to my room, and had support from the concierge and service department when the tow-driver needed physical help in moving my vehicle. Everyone went out of their way to make sure I was taken care of and were more than welcoming on my return the following week. I will certainly be a regular at this property when in the Dallas area.