“A Great place to Stay”

Ranked #76 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Lathrop, Ca., United States
“A Great place to Stay”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying in the Doubletree in Dallas Texas, near the Galleria; it was a great value and the staff were great, very friendly while being professional. The location was perfect, it’s close to convenience stores and a great steak restaurant “Salt Grass”; but it gets better the hotel provides a shuttle service which will take you to the Galleria Mall which is a wonderful mall.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Southfield, Michigan
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I was very disappointed with location of this hotel. It is listed as being very close to the Galleria shopping mall in Dallas. It is not near the Galleria. There is so much freeway construction in Dallas that it is difficult to get to the hotel, even with a GPS system. The hotel representatives also acknowledged that the title "near the galleria" is very misleading. I was expecting to be able to walk to the Galleria, but that is not really practical. Other than the misleading location, the hotel is not up to Hilton standards. There is no safe or refrigerator in the room. This is an ok hotel, but I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Go to a more centrally located Hilton hotel.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Frugalista2012
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I sincerely apologize that you felt we are not near the Galleria. The hotel is within a mile and a half and in the scope of the large city of Dallas it is considered close. A location has to fall within the guidelines for Hilton to aquire a designation for such words as at or by, and near a location whihc we qualify for near. Unfortunately the construction is an issue on IH635 ;however there are a several regular streets such as Alpha Road, and Spring Valley Road that are a direct route to the Galleria. We also provide complimentary transportation to the Galleria as well.The hotel currently doesn't have safes but we do have safety deposit boxes available and will have room safes installed during our next renovation. We have some refrigerators that are available for use based on availability ;however currently are not a standard requirement for Doubletree by Hilton Hotels.
Gordon R

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Amarillo, Texas
Reviewed July 7, 2013

The air conditioner didn't work, the beds weren't made when we returned, the soda machines only take credit cards, when I asked about a laundry facility I was told "we only have valet laundry service". When you HAVE TO stay here for four days and need to wash stuff I prefer not washing my stuff in the tub. The valet laundry for a shirt was $18. No fridge. No microwave. Rooms need updating. Four people in a room and we had to ask each day for extra towel (they only leave three). Beds were good. We didn't eat at the restaurant for $16 a plate--- no thanks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. I sincerely apologize that you had so many issues with your stay. I am concerned based on the number of nights you stayed with us that you indicated that you didn''t have air conditioning. We certainly could have addressed or moved you to another room. We do offer bottle sodas in our Cafe just off the lobby area in addition to the vending machines where you can pay with cash. Although we don't have a laundry on site there is a laundry mat with a few blocks of the hotel. We do have limited number of refrigerators and micowaves available on request and apologize there were not available during your stay The restaurant does offer lower priced ala carte items other than our $14.95 full breakfast buffet with an omelet station.
Gordon Rostvold
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've been coming to this location for years now , and feel that place Hotel deserves high scores of its customer Service at the front desk and Food & Beverage staff !
Professional and Welcoming is always a plus after a long flight in , the warm cookie always helps !
Housekeeping holds the reins here as well , the rooms are incredible clean !

Thank you Doubletree for never failing Me !
I WILL continue as a loyal fan !

Room Tip: any room outside of the atrium roof !
San Antonio, United States
Reviewed July 5, 2013

Perfect location for Galliera visit. There is easy access to many places to eat and shop. the staff was very helpful and always helped out with any questions. Breakfast was the best meal of the day. my family was able to enjoy the pool on a couple different days. I would stay at this Double Tree hotel again when my family visits. Thanks!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed July 3, 2013

First off, I'm a HHonors Gold member, so I spend a ridiculous amount of my life in Hilton properties. I know how to spot a great one and a not so hot one. This one falls more to the 'not so hot' column.

First, check-in was prompt and polite. The young lady gave me a pass to the executive lounge even though there weren't any rooms available there - sweet! The lobby is an atrium-style with a nice bar area featuring some really great happy hour deals.

But, when I got off the elevator to go to my room, I started to get a little nervous. There were room service trays everywhere - and they were still there the next morning. The room was pretty standard Doubletree - nice bedding (although I could feel some springs in the mattress), nice TV, good sized work area. The bathroom was a tad on the small size, and it was definitely showing its age - cracked tiles, water damaged wallpaper, ancient fixtures, etc. But, everything was quite clean.

The rest of the hotel is fine - the fitness facility is actually quite nice. One big uh-oh, though - my water glass at breakfast had a huge blob of butter on the INSIDE of the glass. Totally nasty!

Net, I'd pass on a return visit.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
CArlsbad, NM
Reviewed July 3, 2013

This is a good hotel and the rates are reasonable. It is well located. Only problem was a lack of promised refrigerators, one of which would have been helpful since we are both diabetics. The Hotel is clean, service is good and service people are helpful. The restaurant has a good breakfast buffet at a reasonable price. There is ample parking and the security is good.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple