“Need a Hilton Honors gold level to have a very good experience.”

Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria
Ranked #61 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Access to the club level makes this stay above average. For the price, this was a good hotel. They offered free shuttle to the galleria which was nice. The roads were under construction which made getting around a little difficult.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Business Travel Again. Lobby and Lobby Bar were nice. Check In staff were pleasant. Room was ok, but the bathroom and shower were dated. Every morning the grout and silicone were washing out of the aged tile. Breakfast offerings were good and staff attentive. See my tips on choosing a good room

Room Tip: Do not get a room that is adjoining. The young lady in the adjoining room came home at 5am loud, bo...
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Here's what was wrong with the physical facility when I stayed for 4 nights for a conference. ROOM: stopper in tub and sink did not work, water for shower came out of the WALL in addition to the faucet (I kid you not), foul smell when I ran the water in the sink. GYM: One TV on treadmill did not work; second TV worked but no sound; treadmill "remembered" someone's previous training cycle so as I was walking on it at 4.0 miles it suddenly sped up to 7.5 miles.

You get the picture.

Friendly staff, especially Josh at front desk and audio-visual crew.

Find another place to stay.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The hotel, staff and lounge are fantastic. My (king) room was spacious and clean. The bathroom was a bit on the small side, but I liked the fact that the sink was not in the actual bathroom. Stayed 3 nights and ate and drank at the hotel bar located at the center of the huge atrium lobby area 2 of the 3 nights. Food was better than expected and the bartenders were all friendly and helpful. Granted, I had an exceptional corporate rate, but I would definitely stay again...and will be in May and July...and am very much looking forward to it!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. I am pleased that you found your room to be spacious and clean as cleanliness is a high priority for us. I will also be sure to share your favorable comments to our team members of the lounge,restaurant.,and kitchen staff.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel was a big disappointment. I have stayed in a fair number of Hilton hotels and this Double Tree was the most disappointing. My coworkers and I booked 6 non-smoking rooms. When we checked in, the manager at the front desk gave myself and another coworker smoking rooms. When we asked for non-smoking rooms, the manager stated that they didn't have any. My coworker pulled out his HH diamond member card and they "magically" got him into a non-smoking room but I was told they didn't have any. The manager who booked all of the rooms went back up to the counter and finally was able to get me non-smoking after several minutes of talking. The manager stated that she would not give me the non-smoking room because I didn't "put up a big enough stink." Seriously?! Next time I will make sure to berate the manager so I can get my room. Then my room key didn't work. And it took them 15 min and 3 trips up the elevator to get it to work because the same manager told me to try it again and make sure I was doing it the right direction. She would send someone to make sure it didn't work before she gave me a new card. The maintenance guy confirmed that the card didn't work and sent me all the way down to the lobby again to finally get a new card. The rooms were ok. There was paint pealing on the door and it didn't have a fresh smell to it. Workout facilities were fairly good. Location was difficult to find, but primarily because of all of the construction. Overall, would not return to this hotel because of the management.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BMORE_CPA

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We're very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service. We do want to be sure all our guests have a rewarding stay. We addressed these issues with our staff and hope that next time you're in the area, you'll vissit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

Bathroom floor was not clean;carpets worn;hotel is tired and in need of updates. Parking was difficult - and no bell boys or valets to assist. Highways getting into hotel are under major construction.

Room Tip: Book elsewhere!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank queen_mommy

Thank you for taking the time to send us a review. We are very sorry for your experience at our property wasn't up to our usual standards. We especially want to address the guest bathroom floor and carpet in the room of which you stayed. Thank you for alerting us to your issues in order that we may work to take corrective action.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, I have stayed at my fair share of Doubletree hotels and normally love them. Unfortunately, this one was disappointing. The rooms have not been updated at all (except maybe the sink). The bathroom was about the size of a cubicle and the shower was ancient. There were hardly any light fixtures in the room, so it was always dark and dreary (not that you would want to see the carpeting in better light anyways...). The worst part was that I was given an interior-facing room that overlooked the breakfast area so i could never open my window shades either. Also, there is not enough parking in the lot when there is a conference going on...I had to circle around for 10 minutes before I found a spot.

While I keep hearing the location is great, I had a nightmare of a time with it. They are currently doing construction on 635 so you are guaranteed to be stuck in traffic no matter what time of day you're driving - and rush hour is just impossible.

On the plus side, there are plenty of great options for dinner nearby. The breakfast at the hotel is great, and the staff is also very friendly.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business