“Business Trip to Dallas and the Doubletree”

Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria
Ranked #75 of 204 Hotels in Dallas
Naples,Fl
“Business Trip to Dallas and the Doubletree”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I was in on business for a few nights for a convention that was held at the Doubletree Dallas near the Galleria. Upon check-in I was greeted warmly and check-in was a breeze with a fresh warm cookie to help my trip to my room! I stopped by the snack-shop to grab a turkey sandwich and a soda, it did not kill the wallet! 8-bucks for a good tasting sandwich and a Dr. Pepper to wash it down! I entered my room and found it to be clean and comfortable for my stay, the only complaint I have about the room is that the bathroom was in need of some updating and I also think the whole hotel needs some updating, but I am really laid-back guy so it takes alot to make me upset! On a side note, I did read some reviews from Doubletree customers and they noted that this property is not up to the usuall Doubletree Experience, and maybe that is the case? I did not pay for my stay, but I think if I did I might be a little disappointed. Moving on, the whole staff and I mean everybody was friendly, helpful and did all they could to make everybody happy! The bar had great happy hour from 3-7 and somewhat reaonable food prices. There are plenty of other food options within walking distance also.

Overall I would stay again!

Room Tip: Any room is good!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Cleveland, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This hotel was nice, clean and had a friendly staff. The location is good for a shopping trip to the Galleria Mall. There is lots of road construction in the area so getting to it is a bit of a challenge and parking is not the best there but everything else was fine.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hilvarenbeek
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We stayed in a junior-suite. Nice big room but furniture and carpet certainly could use an update. Bed; big and comfortable. Shuttleservice to the galleria is great. Reception very helpful and breakfast good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We are sorry that you were unhappy with the guestroom furniture of your suite. We appreciate your feedback, and will keep your comments in mind while we plan our furture upgrades to the hotel. I'm glad you appreciated the shuttle service to the Galleria and enjoyed your breakfast experience with us.
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I checked into this hotel for one night while on a business trip. The toilet seat in my room had a noticeable blotchy film on it. I thought at first it my be just worn, but when it came off with my finger nail, I was grossed out. I told the front desk, and was told they would take care of it immediately. I returned to my room 5 hours later to find the toilet seat untouched, just the way I had originally found it. I again reported it to the front desk, and was again assured they would send someone immediately. I went to dinner, returned 2 hours later, and still nothing was done. I then gave up and lined the seat with toilet paper.

The next day, checkout was Noon. I left my room at 8 to attend a business meeting, leaving my luggage in the room. I returned at 10:30. I went to wash my hands, and apparently the room cleaning service had taken all the soap from my room. The soap from my sink was gone. The soap from the shower was gone. Even my shampoo was gone. I ha nothing to use to wash my hands. Yet, the maid left all the dirty towels on the floor. Remarkable.

Add to that that this hotel is old and worn, and I would stay far away from it. My experience was really unacceptable.

• Stayed November 2012
2 Thank rlmiller28
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologoize that there was an issue with the cleanliness of your guest bathroom and the lack of follow up. As you can see from our other reviews our guest room and bath room cleanliness is normally not an issue with our hotel. The room attendants do a room check with check out rooms and must have removed the trash and used amenities including used soap assuming your departure that morning. I hope you will respond to my earlier email with your room number in order that I might address the issues and follow up with the the appropriate staff members.
Gordon Rostvold

Travelers are raving about these Dallas hotels

Lake Charles, Louisiana
Reviewed October 8, 2012

First of all, the rooms are small, and there is no mini-fridge, microwave, nor safe. The tub fills up with water while you are taking a shower. We found food from a previous guest in our room. The housekeeper was working on the room across the hall from us, so we asked if she would come pick it up, since it was not ours. She asked, "do you want me to come pick it up now??" We told her yes, and she never came. Finally I picked up the pizza slice from between my bed and nightstand. At check out we told the front desk attendant and she laughed with amusement. I was not amused. This is not what I was expecting from a Hilton property. The only things positive about this hotel is the beds are comfortable and the 2 ladies working at the bar. They were very kind, helpful and remembered our names. Props to the 2 ladies working at the bar!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Heather J
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that there was an issue with the cleanliness of your room and your tub drain not draining properly. I have noted your comments on the mini fridge, microwave, and room safes. We currently don't have a mini fridge and micorwave in every room but do make them available on a request basis. In room safes will become a new for all Doubletree Hotels as hotels become renovated.
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

We had a room for a three day conference.
In short the place is tired. Rooms could use an update. Eg: bathroom shower was plugged and curtain holder was handing crooked and walls are beat up.
Beds were comfy and rooms are ok in size.
Breakfast buffet was ok, nothing special. A good gaunt from the airport but close to shopping. Apparently a shuttle will take you to the nearby Galleria. I personally had no time to check it out. Staff were friendly. Lobby bar was fun the Sat night we were there.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Gixxergirl600
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree Dallas Near the Galleria, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay at our Doubletree Hotel. We're very sorry you didn't have a better overall experience. We appreciate your comments so that we may follow up to specifically the guest bathroom issues with your room. I am please that you enjoyed our Atrium Lounge on the night of your stay and will be sure to share that with the bartender team. If you travel again to our area we hope you will still consider us as your place to stay.
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed September 29, 2012

We were well pleased with this hotel. The room was very clean, well appointed, with a comfortable bed. It was also very quiet, including an extremely quiet air system. There was not a free breakfast and the breakfast buffet was rather pricey. I used the fitness center and was happy with it, too. We ate at a steakhouse across the street which was also good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family