All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesgalleria mallnice hotelbusiness tripnorth dallasfront desk staffconvenient locationbreakfast buffetenjoyed my staydallas areafitness centerwalmartconferencemeetingaccommodationsfreeway
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This appears to be an older hotel that is fine/okay, but needs modifications to make it good/impressive. For the price we paid, I think it fell short of our expectations.
The hotel decor, lobby area, dinning room/restaurant/bar area were good. They are clean and spacious. The fountain and a waterfall add a good feel and pleasing touch to the whole setup.
There is free self-parking and we got free internet too (in addition there is att wifi and people who have att dsl subscription or iPhones with AT&T can utilize that for free).
The breakfast was fine/above average. I liked the made to order omelet and it had the usual choices (coffee, tea, juices, yogurt, fruit, eggs, bacon, potatoes, breads, bagels, muffins, croissants, etc).
I had the opportunity to use the fitness facility and liked it.
However, going up to the rooms, the corridors/hallways felt congested and added to the old feeling of the hotel.
The room itself was spacious but lacked some things we expected (like a mini fridge and a safe). The bathroom felt really small, old and congested even though the vanity with the sink was outside the bathroom. Moreover, the water pressure for the shower and the sink faucet was really low. I did not enjoy my shower/bath at all.
There was no great view from our room. It overlooked a parking lot.
There is a swimming pool, but it is quite small and probably not worth a swim. Plus it did not appear to well kept when I saw it.
We paid a good amount of money and had got a romance package and certainly expected better than this. Will probably pass on it next time we are in Dallas.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I stayed here on business and was pleased with the helpful staff, well-maintained property, free parking and free wi-fi. I was especially impressed that the manager e-mailed me after my stay to ask about issues I had with noise. My room had two connecting doors, so it was noisier than other rooms might be. I appreciated plenty of electrical outlets all over the room for my many electronic devices, a very comfortable bed, the overall cleanliness of the room, and the ease of access to interstates, because we had lots of meetings during the day. We walked across the street for dinner to the Saltgrass restaurant, and we weren't there long enough to know anything else about the surrounding area. I would definitely stay here again for business.

Reviewed July 6, 2012

I was there with a group for a late week/early weekend seminar. I was impressed with Cleveland over the phone. I called the hotel because the online rate with breakfast was for two was $15.00 cheaper than the rate our group secured for the room. He reassured me that I would get the online rate that I found. It saved us almost $50.00 a day and I was grateful for that.

The hotel was very clean and well kept. I could tell that it was an Embassy Suites in the past. The pool was really small which surprised me, especially in Texas. It was 104 on average when I was there and everyone I saw was frustrated they couldn't do more than three strokes before they had to turn around.

The breakfast was okay. It's hard for me to eat breakfast due to dietary restrictions. So much gluten with the breads, and the pancakes, etc. Gluten was everywhere and it was scary! With our society becoming more intolerant of gluten and soy, we need more choices when we travel. Our groups dinner was fantastic. The fact everything there was gluten free was huge for me! That alone would make me go back. It's hard to travel when you have to watch everything you eat.

We did have to call room service after leaving a note for an extra towel and a tip(yes, I tip the housekeeping staff) I found it irritating that I could leave someone a tip and I couldn't get an extra towel. When she did come bring me towels, she brought me three.

Overall, it was a good experience. I wouldn't mind going back to visit. I'll always be in Dallas, my family is here :-)

Room Tip: Make sure there isn't a large party with a wedding or a sports tournament on your floor. That led to some of us being very irritable and lacking sleep.
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We got a good rate through the airline and were pleased we chose this hotel for <$75. It is adjacent to LBJ Freeway at Valley View Ln. near by car, not adjacent to, the Galleria. It's not far from the Belt Line restaurant row, as well. Staff was helpful and the room was just fine. Windows were a bit dirty, but we wrote that off to Texas weather and dust. Breakfast buffet is typical mid-range hotel fare and reasonably priced - nice assortment. Large bar area for gathering. Some food options a short walk away. Good bed, WiFi, etc. Elevator indicated upper concierge floors, but that appears to be gone. This Doubletree has some years on it, but everything works fine and we'd be happy to stay there again.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

Quite impressed with the value of this hotel. The room and lobby were very clean. A chocolate chip cookie was offered upon check-in. Parking and internet were both free (big plus in my book). The internet was fairly quick for being free. All the little extras in the room made it that much better: At least one outlet on each lamp, plenty of seating and roll out desk. The flat screen was bigger than the one in my living room. Only complaint is not even a complaint, but more commentary: the hallways would not look so dated if they removed the 1980s badly framed beach house prints and replaced them with something a little more modern. None the less, the hotel is super close to 635 and the Galleria. I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo