Doubletree by Hilton Hotel
$215
$364
MagnoliaHotels.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesgalleria mallnice hotelbusiness tripnorth dallasconvenient locationwould stay againhome away from homefront desk staffenjoyed my staydallas areafitness centerwalmartconferencemeetingaccommodations
Reviewed June 20, 2012

We got a good rate through the airline and were pleased we chose this hotel for <$75. It is adjacent to LBJ Freeway at Valley View Ln. near by car, not adjacent to, the Galleria. It's not far from the Belt Line restaurant row, as well. Staff was helpful and the room was just fine. Windows were a bit dirty, but we wrote that off to Texas weather and dust. Breakfast buffet is typical mid-range hotel fare and reasonably priced - nice assortment. Large bar area for gathering. Some food options a short walk away. Good bed, WiFi, etc. Elevator indicated upper concierge floors, but that appears to be gone. This Doubletree has some years on it, but everything works fine and we'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 6, 2012

Quite impressed with the value of this hotel. The room and lobby were very clean. A chocolate chip cookie was offered upon check-in. Parking and internet were both free (big plus in my book). The internet was fairly quick for being free. All the little extras in the room made it that much better: At least one outlet on each lamp, plenty of seating and roll out desk. The flat screen was bigger than the one in my living room. Only complaint is not even a complaint, but more commentary: the hallways would not look so dated if they removed the 1980s badly framed beach house prints and replaced them with something a little more modern. None the less, the hotel is super close to 635 and the Galleria. I will be staying here again.

Room Tip: High floor away from elevator
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank KSinSBC
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We were originally booked at the Meridien Galleria and balked at the $24 parking. The Doubletree was near the Galleria with free parking and moderate reviews. Very glad we tried it. The hotel is well maintained, the rooms were a good size with excellent (heavenly) bedding and a coffee maker. No safe in the room which is a minus for me. We booked the bed and breakfast rate which was $5 more per night and well worth it (buffet is $14.95 per person without and is very nice). The staff we encountered were courteous, especially Collin who makes a terrific omelet. Not much for restaurants near by, Taco Bell and Wendy's, and Nate's Seafood is about 2 miles away with good cajun food but is a bar/restaurant and allows smoking. We did not use the free shuttle to the Galleria since we had a car and free parking at the Galleria Mall. Overall, this was an excellent choice for us and would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: Away from elevators and ice machine
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LikesAShadyBeach
Reviewed April 23, 2012

No great views from this hotel, but convenient to shopping. It has a great lobby with a bar that terrace steps down to their restaurant underneath a huge atrium. The rooms are old, but are very clean and have been well maintained. Like most Doubletrees, the staff is very friendly and helpful. I have stayed here for several small conferences and meetings, and it has been very well laid out and accommodating for small meetings.

Room Tip: A/C noise on the lower floors towards the back of the Hotel
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Stayed at this hotel one night while on business in the area. It is an older hotel but well maintained. In my opinion the biggest plus for this hotel is its friendly staff who wanted to make sure your needs were met. At breakfast, my server checked several locations to see if they had the kind of bagel I wanted - they didn't but I appreciated the effort and stuck with my original choice! I went to arrange a cab for a short ride and the transportation captain said they would be happy to take me in their van when I was ready and followed through with someone ready to go when I came back - great service! One complaint is the air conditioner took a few hours to really cool down the room - it was hot and steamy in Dallas so maybe that couldn't be helped. The price for my stay was reasonable compared to other hotels and the location convenient if you have business in the area.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business