All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesgalleria mallnice hotelbusiness tripnorth dallasfront desk staffconvenient locationbreakfast buffetenjoyed my staydallas areafitness centerwalmartconferencemeetingaccommodationsfreeway
Reviewed February 7, 2012

The hotel itself is centrally located in the north Dallas area w/ easy access to major roads. Around the hotel are several dining and shopping options (but a car is needed to access them). Parking and wi-fi were free. The hotel staff was friendly. I prepaid online through Priceline, and everything was correct w/ the bill when I checked out (which is nice considering how many times I've had to go to the lobby to correct bills).
The hotel itself has a spacious lobby. The room was clean and updated. There was a party in the room across the hall from me, however, once I was in my room I could not hear them, so I give the hotel points for sound control.
The only reason I did not give this a 5 star instead of a 4 is that there was no mini-fridge in the room which would have been nice. Overall, I'd recommend this and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton
Dallas Near the Galleria. We are so pleased that you had good service from our team and enjoyed your stay with quiet and comfort. We certainly appreciate you selecting our hotel and look forward to the opportunity to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed February 3, 2012

Makes me a bit sad sometimes when I see a well run hotel, with quality common areas, a good restaurant especially for breakfast, and well appointed rooms rated average by reviewers. I read the reviews and stayed here anyways, given the great room rate and proximity to my meeting location. I could not be happier with my choice - stayed three nights and could not have been more pleased. The staff, from front desk to wait staff to shuttle drivers were all first class. The hotel is not really well located, sort of behind a Walmart, near the LBJ Parkway and a mile away from the Galleria. But that is my only complaint. My room was comfortable with a flat screen TV, quality shower, well functioning air system, and comfortable bed. I would recommend this hotel for anyone requiring a stay north of downtown Dallas. It's also within 20 minutes of DFW airport. Go to this Doubletree and you'll get more than just a good chocolate chip cookie.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for your stay with us at the Doubletree by Hilton Dallas Near the Galleria. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and the service from our staff. We we delighted with your sentence, "Go to this Doubletree and you'll get more than just a good chocolate chip cookie".

Reviewed January 17, 2012

Our hockey recently stayed at the hotel for a Dallas tournament. The hotel is older, but clean. It appears that it was recently remodeled. Their continental breakfast was very good and well serviced. The staff was great, though the hotel was hosting several events and they did not have enough wait staff to accommodate the needs of everyone. There were more than two hockey teams on the premises, plus a Nerium convention. The hotel could have made a lot of money in food and beverage if they had staffed accordingly.

The maid service was excellent and the beds were clean and comfortable. The wood blocks used to prop up the bed frames weren't appealing. The TV's in the room are large but do not come with HD. The channel selection is also limited.

The room was overpriced. They charge our team $99 each, when you could go on to any travel site and get the same room (with breakfast) for less. It would seem you would get a discount for buying more rooms. But that wasn't the case. Overall, it was a good stay.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest:
Thank you for taking the time to express your positive experiences as well as pointing out issues that were of concern during your stay. We anticipated the demand for breakfast but not during a dinner break that the Nerium Group did with an hour turn around time. In regard to the bed risors we determined that a previous guest had requested the bed have leg blocks added and we inadvertently failed to remove them at departure. The room rate that was contracted with your hockey team was done by a travel company who receives a commission and collects a rebate to assist in the support of the cost of the ice arena for the games. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences during your stay. I hope you consider selecting us again if or when you return to Farmers Branch for a Hockey Tournament.

Reviewed December 10, 2011

I stayed one night at this Doubletree.

Pros:
*Staff gave me a 2 p.m. check-out, which was very kind since I had an afternoon appointment. *The front desk clerk was friendly and quick. I appreciated the warm cookie.
*Room was quiet, and I slept very well.
*Wolfgang Puck coffee was good.
*Room was clean.

Cons:
*Both queen beds in my room sagged and were not firm.
*Hotel is in desperate need of a renovation. Popcorn ceilings, worn carpet, and peeling paint in the shower in my room. I can't believe this is a 3 1/2 star hotel!
*Parking spaces are very narrow in parking lot. Many cars are straddling the lines.
*Worst of all, I took a bath the night I arrived and a shower the next day, and the water was NEVER HOT. It was only lukewarm. The swivel knob on the shower would not turn past the middle of the temperature gauge--it seemed to be bolted that way. I don't know if this was a problem with just my room or not, but no hot water is unforgivable in a hotel! I was going to report the problem at check out, but the line was too long.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Dorrie9
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We have held our corporate gatherings/seminars at this hotel 2 sometimes 3 times per year, for the last 5 years, and have never been let down! If we have ever had an issue with a guest room, or our conference room, it was dealt with very quickly and efficiently, by a great staff. The lobby area is open and inviting; my employees tend to spend a lot of time socializing in the bar area, lol ! We request food/beverage service during our seminars, and everything is fresh and plentiful. Also, the room rates are great - great service, great accommodations, great value - the reason why we keep going back !

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business