All reviewsdouble treewarm cookiesgalleria mallnice hotelbusiness tripnorth dallasfront desk staffconvenient locationbreakfast buffetenjoyed my staydallas areafitness centerwalmartconferencemeetingaccommodationsfreeway
Reviewed December 10, 2011

I stayed one night at this Doubletree.

Pros:
*Staff gave me a 2 p.m. check-out, which was very kind since I had an afternoon appointment. *The front desk clerk was friendly and quick. I appreciated the warm cookie.
*Room was quiet, and I slept very well.
*Wolfgang Puck coffee was good.
*Room was clean.

Cons:
*Both queen beds in my room sagged and were not firm.
*Hotel is in desperate need of a renovation. Popcorn ceilings, worn carpet, and peeling paint in the shower in my room. I can't believe this is a 3 1/2 star hotel!
*Parking spaces are very narrow in parking lot. Many cars are straddling the lines.
*Worst of all, I took a bath the night I arrived and a shower the next day, and the water was NEVER HOT. It was only lukewarm. The swivel knob on the shower would not turn past the middle of the temperature gauge--it seemed to be bolted that way. I don't know if this was a problem with just my room or not, but no hot water is unforgivable in a hotel! I was going to report the problem at check out, but the line was too long.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Dorrie9
Reviewed November 17, 2011

We have held our corporate gatherings/seminars at this hotel 2 sometimes 3 times per year, for the last 5 years, and have never been let down! If we have ever had an issue with a guest room, or our conference room, it was dealt with very quickly and efficiently, by a great staff. The lobby area is open and inviting; my employees tend to spend a lot of time socializing in the bar area, lol ! We request food/beverage service during our seminars, and everything is fresh and plentiful. Also, the room rates are great - great service, great accommodations, great value - the reason why we keep going back !

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Rooms are very comfortable and everything is clean. Decent Bar but food is very expensive in restaraunt. Bar food is good but also expensive. Free internet and warm cookies when you check in. Staff was extremely helpful & Nice. I would recommend anyone staying there. There are numerous places to shop besides the Galleria and there are numerous restaraunts within 3 miles or less. You can walk to Saltgrass, Chicken fried steak be prepared to stretch your pants.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 2, 2011

The hotel itself isn't the most amazing thing I've ever seen but the beds are to die for!!! They call it sweet dreams package and it is!!! Crisp sheets nice pillows and I mattress I wanted to take home. The food is good but pricey. Room service is fast. No balconies on rooms or on any floor - if you smoke you have to go all the way outside the front door. Bathroom is odd - sink and vanity look new/updated while the tub/shower looks dated. Overall - the room was very clean and nice for the price

• Stayed: November 2011
Gordon R R, General Manager at Doubletree by Hilton Near the Galleria, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2011

Dear Valued Guest,
I am so pleased that you enjoyed our sweet dreams bed package.It is something you will find at all Doubletree by Hilton property's. Thank you for your feedback.
Best Regards,
Gordon Rostvold

Reviewed October 27, 2011

Stay was for a conference. Facilities were fine. Conference food was ok. Ate dinner at "Chefs Table". Steak was over done. Ordered rare and came medium to medium well. Never saw waiter until he brought me the bill and asked why I didn't eat the steak.

Vegetables and potato were GOOD but not the entree!

• Stayed: October 2011