“Nov. of 13”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Oklahoma City
“Nov. of 13”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

The hotel is under renovation, so there are a few growing pains right now. That being said, There is still no match for the quality of service from the staff. I am constantly impressed from the moment I check in at the front desk, to the concierge services through the friendly and thorough housekeeping staff. I feel like royalty during my stay, which is why Wyndham is my 'home away from home'.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

DHendrix, General Manager at Wyndham Dallas Suites - Park Central, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for you review and I am glad to hear that our team was able to make your stay so postive. I hope you can stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed November 16, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times, and have used one of the meeting rooms for a special event. The suites are spacious, well appointed, and clean. The hotel staff is invariably friendly and helpful. We feel the hotel is a good value, and will continue to stay here when we are in Dallas.

Would have given this hotel 5 stars, but the last time we were there the bathroom needed some work - wallpaper starting to come apart at the seam, hairdryer holder broken. Given our experience, I expect the management will take care of these problems promptly.

Room Tip: This hotel is built around a large open area with a bar, restaurant, and meeting rooms. Higher floo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review and I am glad you enjoyed your conference. I hope we see you again soon.
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed November 15, 2013

Wife and I took a trip to Dallas to do some recon for a new place to live. We opted for a cheap option for a hotel since this wasn't technically a vacation. The price was good and this place had good reviews on trip advisor so we figured why not? We booked through a travel agent but they nor we were informed that this hotel was under renovation. 3 out of the 4 days we were there were fine for the most part but our last night there was terrible.

Apart from my wife getting stuck in the elevator a few times (only a minute or so trying to get the doors to open), the place wasn't terrible. The vents for the A/C were pointed right at the bed, which we probably could have fixed ourselves but probably shouldn't have to. This made for it either being freezing cold or too warm overnight. Not a huge deal, again, we probably could have grabbed a chair and redirected the vents. The problem started our last night there.

We slept in a little bit being exhausted from the night before and left around 11am to go on our hunt. We get back around 830p to a note under our door that said they were shutting off the water to the hotel from 10p-4a. Mind you no notice of any of these renovations or changes were given to our travel agent or posted on their website. They also didn't make up the room, which we found odd. We've never stayed somewhere where they do 1 walk around for cleaning and if you're not available at the time they choose, you don't get the service. Wife was smart enough to fill the bathtub and was able to use the ice bucket to flush the toilet overnight. Morning comes and the water starts off brown and disgusting, which is kind of expected when you shut the water off for any duration anywhere, but was ice cold. We call downstairs to ask why we had no hot water and they just said to let it run it would come up. 30 minutes of running water later, still no hot water, at best just bearable enough for a quick cold shower.

We made our complaints when we got down to check out and they lied to use about the situation saying they had broken a water pipe and that's why they had to shut the water off. Nice try. If they had broken a pipe 2 hours before they shut it off there would have been some signs of it. Who breaks a pipe and decides to let it flood for hours while they prepare to post notices under every guest's door? It looked completely like a scheduled job to us. No efforts were made for any compensation and when we asked for some concessions they told us "well we're under renovation and that was stated on the website so you should have known that before you booked with us."

Needless to say we will not be staying at a Wyndham anywhere ever again. The reason we gave them a 2 star rating is because 3 of the 4 days we were there, the only issue was the elevator.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you were effected by the water issue. I wanted to let you know that it was scheduled to just happen overnight, but unfortunately it did last into the next day. It is now completely functional.

I hope we see you again soon.
Dallas
Reviewed November 13, 2013

This was my 2nd time staying at the Wyndham. I used the LivingSocial deal and boy is it a great deal! The hotel is still being renovated but that did not take away anything from my stay. The rooms are very nice, clean and spacious. Customer service is great throughout the hotel (front desk, room service and the restaurant.) I would definitely recommend this hotel. The only reason I did not give the service 4 stars is because I called room service to order a pizza and it took over an hour to be delivered. I had to call room service again and they were very apologetic and delivered the meal to the room ASAP.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that the pizza was delayed. I am glad that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and I hope we see you again soon.