“Under Renovation”

Wyndham Dallas Suites - Park Central
Ranked #32 of 207 Hotels in Dallas
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Before I booked our room at the Wyndham Dallas Suites, I had read that that they were undergoing a huge renovation. We stayed in room 1030 and our room was brand new. It was beautiful! Take advantage of the wonderful rates and endure a little inconvenience. It is a bit difficult to get to, but just use your googlemaps. The restaurant prices were extremely high. Breakfast for family of 5: $60.00. It is centrally located. Will return, but will eat breakfast elsewhere. The hotel has non-smoking rooms, but wish the entire hotel were non-smoking.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
DHendrix, General Manager at Wyndham Dallas Suites - Park Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Thank you for your review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I did want to let you know that we do have packages that include breakfast, which would benefit a family of four.

Thank you again and I hope we see you again soon.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,401)

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Reviewed November 3, 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Overall Wyndham are known for nice hotels. This location had remodeling during my stay which was a big inconvenience. From check-in the experience began. The elevators went out and someone was stuck in one. The front desk didn't know nor was there any sign stating it. I waited almost 15mins before I went back to the front desk to see what was going on. It took another 10-15mins to get some sort of explanation and to get to my room by way of the service elevator. With the remolding there was a lot of noise early in the morning also two different days the bathroom leaked from the ceiling. Lastly due to the remodeling the fitness room wasn't available during my whole stay which was huge. Had I known I would choose to stay at a different place. What I paid from the amount of things that wasn't available didn't equal. I feel like I paid way to much for what was offered at that location

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for your review and I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Our renovations are coming along very well and I hope you give us another opportunity in the future.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

This Hotel has (I was told by another business guest) been undergoing renovations for the past several months. However, when I booked online, that was never present in any of my booking screens or confirmation email! At the time of our stay, only one of the three elevators was working and it constantly cycled between the 3rd and 4th floor with nobody on it. If you were calling for it from the 1st floor, forget it! I watched until I figured out that the only way it would get out of its cycle was if it was called from a floor above the 4th floor. Meanwhile people waited for up to 20 minutes until it came to the 1st floor. In addition, work was being conducted until 8:00pm at night and since this is an open interior air hotel, you could hear hammering and noise from inside the room, with the tv turned up. To make matters worse, the vending machines on the floors were empty, so I had to suffer the elevator to get a coke! Totally unacceptable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
DHendrix, General Manager at Wyndham Dallas Suites - Park Central, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for your review and I am sorry about the issue with the elevators, but it has been resovled. Thank you for mentioning the renovation. The new rooms look beautiful and we are looking forward to being completed shortly.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Stayed here Oct 13-15 2013. Beautifully renovated, modern very comfortable. Hotel was still being renovated but I heard nothing. Front desk staff very polite, quick and hekpful. Will stay there when I return

Room Tip: starbucks right around the corner easy on and off highway
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind review and I am glad you enojoyed our new rooms. I hope we see you again soon.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

They were remodeling the 6 the floor we we're put on the 7th. Busting out sinks and tile at 7:00 in the morning. Had paint fumes and varnish remover all during the stay. The pool had ants in it and when complained about the little one getting bitten manager said I'll let someone know. Ruined what was a great hotel chain impression I always have had.

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

Thank you for your review and I am sorry about the issues with the renovation. I hope we see you again soon as our renovation is almost complete.