“Love the pet-friendliness!”

Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center
Ranked #117 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
“Love the pet-friendliness!”
Reviewed January 21, 2011

Huuby & I brought our little Maltese puppy with us for our stay Jan 14-16, 2011, during a martial arts conference. We enjoyed everything about our stay, especially the friendly staff, who were always ready with a smile as they saw us strolling through the lobby with our little pup. We were pleased to note that our dog was widely welcomed & we felt quite well accommodated. Our room, while a bit dated, was clean & tidy; we enjoyed a lovely view & the quiet of the 20th floor made coming in at night feel relaxing. Staff were all quite helpful & friendly, though we had to call & check up on our laundry service in order to ensure timely delivery of our clothing for our next day's activities. Excellent value for room, amenities & service, overall. The hot tub was an especially nice amenity for my husband after he'd had a long day of training on the mat, & was looking to soothe sore muscles. This represented our first stay as Proirity Club members, & we are excited to book our next trip with the Crowne Plaza family.Bravo to the Market Center Staff; we look forward to staying with you next year.

• Stayed January 2011
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, February 15, 2011
Thank you for your review! Your comments about our hotel are very much appreciated. We make every effort to provide great service and a good night's sleep. It is nice to hear that we accomplished just that during your stay. We love pets and enjoy having them stay with us as well. We also offer FREE parking and internet as well as shuttle with in a 5 mi radius. Our Priority Club reception is one of a kind, it is every Wednesday, and hopefully you will enjoy it during your next stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Jeff Wood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed December 15, 2010

Excellent place to stay. Breakfast restaurant staff was great, and the chef made me the best omelette I've had in a long time. He was very kind and polite to everyone, and brought their made to order breakfast to them very quickly with a smile -- a nice way to start the day.

Rooms were comfortable and roomy, and bed linens were new and clean. Only thing missing was the kit with ear plugs, pillow spray, and other stuff that I thought was standard at Crowne Plazas. We have a corporate rate, and for what we paid, was a great value. Other members of our management team stay there often -- I see why. Great location -- right next to I-35 and easy access to many good restaurants. Will definitely stay there again. Heard they have a great Priority Club reception on Wednesdays.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, December 17, 2010
Thank you for your review! Your comments about our hotel are very much appreciated. We make every effort to provide great service and a good night's sleep. It is nice to hear that we accomplished just that during your stay. We also offer FREE parking and internet as well as shuttle with in a 5 mi radius. Our Priority Club reception is one of a kind, it is every Wednesday, and hopefully you will enjoy it during your next stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed November 30, 2010

If you just need a place to sleep, you will be fine here. The freeway noise is loud, so ask for a room on the other side of the hotel. We had a small double room with a small bathroom. I was surprised to see the old 26 inch tube television from back in the '80's. We did have HBO which I enjoyed. Two of the lampshades had tears in them. There was one window in the room overlooking the freeway. Everything was clean and in working order.

On their website they say you will receive "sleep amenities" consisting of earplugs, lavender linen spray, a sleep blindfold and a CD with sleep tips...none of this was in our room. Neither were there nightlights in the bath, as advertised on the website. Not a total deal-breaker, but they should not be advertised if they don't include them. One positive is that the pool was heated to a nice temperature. There was also free parking which seems to be rare in Dallas these days.

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza downtown and enjoyed it much better.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank galveston_gal
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Thank you for your review! Our goal is for all guests to have a great night's sleep and to enjoy our hotel services. However through your feedback, we are able to focus on area were we may improve upon. Guest comments and concerns are vital in helping us in making Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center a better place.

We hope you will stay with us again when you visit Dallas.

san francisco
Reviewed November 28, 2010

Stayed here this month and a few times in the past. Overall it's a pretty good crowne plaza especially for the price. The hotel furnishings are a bit dated but the room is always very clean. Seems to be a very limited staff but great service. Very timely and always polite. I do love the free parking and the free internet. Will stay here again in the near future.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, November 30, 2010
Thank you for your review! It is always nice to hear from guests who have enjoyed their stay. We make every effort to provide great service and a good night's sleep. It is nice to hear that we accomplished just that during your stay, and that you were able to take advantage of the FREE parking and internet. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.

El Paso, Texas
Reviewed November 4, 2010

I'm in the process of a move and was traveling with my two dogs. I am a Priority Club member and decided to use my points to stay at a Priority Club hotel. When I called I asked about the pet policy. I was told that it was $50. I then asked if that was total or per pet. I was told total. However, when I arrived I was charged $100 due to having two pets. I was a little upset because I could have stayed at another pet friendly hotel for the same price and not lost 25,000 points. I also thought that the front desk staff was slightly rude when I checked in. I understand that some people don't pick up after their pets, however, when I left my room, it would have been difficult to tell that two big dogs had been there. I do want to say that the technician that came to fix the phone and supply me with a remote control for the TV was exceptionally nice. It's not a bad hotel. Just beware the pet policy. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for people traveling with their pets, but it's fine for non-pet travelers.

Stayed November 2010
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, November 17, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I truly apologize for the problems you encountered at our hotel. However through your feedback, we are able to focus on area were we may improve upon. Guest comments and concerns are vital in helping us in making Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center a better place. We love pets and being a pet friendly hotel we will make the necessary changes to our pet policies for future guest.

Again, thanks for your time. On behalf of my entire staff and my self, I apologize and hope that you will return and we can offer you a more pleasant hotel experience.

Best regards,

Vidor, Texas
Reviewed November 3, 2010

Four women in one room to save funds; one slept on blow up bed. Maids DID NOT replace duvet cover on to bed, left it on the floor under upturned blow up. One of occupants had ordered oxygen for a health problem; she TALKED to the man who was delivering it. Took three or four phone calls and a days delay to get the delivery to our room. Reservation made for 4; only three sets of towels when we got there. More brought without a problem. Food service meals twice during the retreat; food and set up were EXCELLENT!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Please accept my apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced. Your comments are important and we can certainly use your feedback to improve our services for future guests. We strive for excellence in all areas of our hotel. I hope that when your travels bring you back to Dallas you will stay with us again and let us show you that we can do better.

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed September 22, 2010

Bought on price line. Very large comfortable room. Mine was a corner room which may be why it was so large. No fridge or microwave, but they will bring one up to your room if they have available on request. Close to market center. They have a shuttle, but you really need a car. Parking and internet were free but that may be a priority club perk, not sure.

Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, September 24, 2010
Thank you for your review! Your comments about our hotel are very much appreciated. We make every effort to provide great service and a good night's sleep. It is nice to hear that we accomplished just that during your stay, and that you were able to take advantage of the FREE parking and internet. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return.