“staff issues”

Ranked #116 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Houston, Texas
“staff issues”
Reviewed March 2, 2010

i use a website that reports cheap rates to be had on priceline called betterbidding dot com - so I got a rate I was pleased with for crown plaza. It was a throw down weekend get away that was decide in haste on Friday afternoon for a midnight arrival that same day.h I was beat when I got to the checkin counter at 12:30AM - just wanted a shower and a compfy bed. First room was un made on 10th floor (back to the lobby for a another) second room was un made on the 14th floor, again back t the lobby, third time the charm. it was large aging room, old tv and had new bath and carpet, king bed with nice pillow top and linens. The air worked but not needed in February. The room was on the freeway side with an office park that rev'ed diesel engines ALL-NIGHT-LONG (wife says I snore louder) - but the shower was hot and nice and I was offered a free breakfast, - I'd give it another try as long as my room was on the back side. The common areas were nice, perhaps a bet squeezed and the parking and guest internet was free.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, May 7, 2010
We appreciate you sharing these comments with us. We are very sorry to learn of your disappointment and I do apologize for the issues that you recount in your review. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction. On the other hand thank you for letting us now that you enjoyed the amenities our hotel has to offer. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Cary, NC
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I'w writing this review on my second day of a three day stay. First day there was hot water in the shower, but not this morning. Although partially renovated, the furnishings and carpet are already showing their age. There is nothing nearby, so a car is needed. Nearest restaurants don't seem appealing at all. No morning newspaper, no free internet, and so far, hot water on just one day. There were a few excellent reviews of this property, they can't be believed. Its 3 stars at best, and in that category, it gets the stars only because it is spacious and probably once was a four star property with all the frills, but is sinking fast due to lack of daily upkeep, routine maintenance, and tender loving care.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, June 2, 2010
Thank you for your comments. It is nice to now that you could take advantage of our special rate offer, and that you were able to take advantage of the amenities our hotel has to offer with the savings. I hope that when your travels bring you back to Dallas that you will stay with us again.

Oklahoma
Reviewed February 7, 2010

I went to Priceline to name my own price after reading another post. I asked for a 3.5 Star around Dallas' Love Field for $35 and Crowne picked up! It was the best value I've ever gotten for a room! Great accommodations and service! Just a few miles North you can find great shopping outlets including Sam Moon- and within 5 miles to the South is Market Center. Easy access to I-35! GREAT VALUE! With the money we saved on the room, we ate downstairs in the restaurant. It was very expensive- BUT WORTH IT! The Wild Mushroom App was amazing! At this rate- I will return often! Even after taxes- it was under $50! Thanks for the tip!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments. It is nice to now that you could take advantage of some of our great rate offerings, and that you were able to take advantage of the amenities our hotel has to offer with the savings. I hope that when your travels bring you back to Dallas that you will stay with us again.

EVERYWHERE
Reviewed February 2, 2010

This place was a dump, the rooms are very outdated, the air didn't work, when I called the front desk the phone rang 33 times before anyone answered...then they wanted to bring a man up to fix the air while we were in the room at almost 12:00 am!!!!

Finally they moved us to another room on another level!

We checked into our room looking for rest, instead we were treated like dirt and inconvenienced!

NEVER AGAIN!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
Jvillasenor, Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, February 16, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us. I truly apologize for the problems you encountered at our hotel. However through your feedback, we are able to focus on area were we may improve upon. Guest comments and concerns are vital in helping us in making Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center a better place.

Again, thanks for your time. On behalf of my entire staff and my self, I apologize and hope that you will return and we can offer you a more pleasant hotel experience.

Best regards,

Jorge Villasenor
Revenue Manager
los angeles
Reviewed November 1, 2009

stayed for one night. Generally, it's good, clean. Location is perfect if you need to go to Southwestern Medical Center. But one issue with my room. I can hear TV sound from the locked door (not my entrance door) in my room. That's not pleasant.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! Our hotel is ideally located for does visits to UT Southwestern Medical Center being that we are only 5 minutes away. We apologize for any inconvenience experienced. However, it is thru guest feedback that we are able identify areas that we may improve upon. We hope you will stay with us again when you visit the UT southwestern medical center.
Baytown, Texas
Reviewed October 28, 2009

This was my third visit in the last couple of years to Crowne Plaza Market Center. It has most definitely improved over the years. I found the room to be excellent and also found that the employees have been retrained and are really great. They all are helpful and want to make your stay great. The ultimate test probably is I ordered room service at 10:50 P.M. when they close at 11:00 P.M. and it was no problem and they were happy to take care of me. The parking is free and well lighted and the property is located on the Stemmons Freeway making it easy to get downtown, to Market Center, Love Field,or the American Airlines Arena. I would definitely stay here again. They do have a nice bar and small restaurant, indoor pool, and the best fitness equipment around.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! Your comments about our hotel are very much appreciated. We make every effort to provide great service and a good night's sleep. It is nice to hear that we accomplished just that during your stay, and that you were able to take advantage of the amenities we offer. I hope that when your travels bring you back to Dallas that you will stay with us again.

U.S.
Reviewed October 8, 2009

We stayed there recently for a concert and got a great rate on Priceline. Clean, free wireless and parking! Room and bathroom was clean. Only thing that I didnt like was the air cond. unit was on when we got to our room and it was FREEZING COLD! We turned it off but the floor was so cold to walk on with bare feet. As a result, the room turned muggy because it was so cold. Other than that, no complaints.

Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, May 11, 2010
We appreciate you sharing these comments with us. Thru guest feedback is that we are able identify areas that we may improve upon. Our number one goal is guest satisfaction. Furthermore thank you for letting us now that you enjoyed the amenities our hotel has to offer. We look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Jeff Wood- General Manager