“Fine hotel, good location, easy to get places.”

Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center
Ranked #118 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Fine hotel, good location, easy to get places.”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I would concur with the last reviews, it was a fine hotel, but nothing special. The room was clean and had a nice view. (we were in the 15th floor)..

We checked out the pool, but it was overrun with teens..but it looked like a nice enough pool with a very small hot tub but plenty of lounge chairs (for an inside pool).

I got the room through a Priceline express deal and I would purchase it again. We were able to easily go anywhere in Dallas with easy access to 35 East and the Love Field. There was a Starbucks on the corner two blocks away and many fast food and nice restaurants a few exits away. They had a hotel bar that had breakfast on Sundays for 15.00 but we went to Denny's a few exits away instead.

The front desk staff was great about giving us a sheet of directions to restaurants and movie theaters and such. Parking was fine and free. The internet was strong and we had problem using it with multiple devices.

Overall it was a good trip and this was a perfectly good hotel to stay in to have a girl's weekend in the city.

They seemed to be doing some updating, on the first floor there was baseboards by the elevators, they seemed to be being replaced.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank conferenceTraveler
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear conferenceTraveler,

Thank you so much for your recent feedback of our property. I was very pleased to read this morning that you enjoyed the hotel and our accommodating staff. The view of downtown Dallas in the evenings is amazing from any of our floors and I was also happy to read that you were able to find so many restaurants and especially the Starbucks, very convenient. We are doing some updates to the property and I hope the baseboards near the elevators weren't too much of an eyesore. I am happy to report that our newly carpeted areas are almost complete! We would love the chance to WOW you and your group in the future so reach out to me directly the next time you plan a girls weekend at drobinette@pacificahost.com

Jeff Wood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Alexandria, Virginia
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed here for a meeting and found it to be a nice hotel, but nothing extraordinary. The room was huge and it was clean. Room service was adequate. Service was friendly. The shuttle bus was handy and went to a variety of places. In general, the decor throughout the hotel seems a bit dated but I would recommend the property for a couple of nights if you are looking for a solid, no frills experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Laura_Gamble,

Thank you so much for your review of our property. I was pleased to read that you had the opportunity to experience our friendly staff and enjoy some of the amenities of our property. I am disappointed that we weren't able to WOW you. With that being said, I do encourage you to visit our hotel the next time you are in Dallas as changes are being made right now to our lobby furniture and public space carpet to give the hotel a bit of new energy and a small face lift. I think you will be very pleased with what we are doing. Did I mention that your hometown is absolutely my favorite city? I have several clients in Alexandria and Fairfax and try and get up there at least half a dozen times a year....King Street is so much fun and I love how close I am to DC. Who knows, maybe we will be neighbors one day! If I can be of any assistance to you during any of your travels to Dallas, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at drobinette@pacificahost.com

Benton, Arkansas, United States
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The staff at this hotel was awesome. This was a 5-day stay and during the entire experience I met some great employees. I especially want to thank the cleaning staff, the serving staff at meals, and those at the front desk ... especially Ricki (spelling?) who helped us have this TPRS conference at this hotel, and Billy and Jaclyn at checkout who helped to make sure our billing was correct. I appreciate friendly people.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kathryn M
Dear Kathryn M,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at our hotel! I was thrilled to read that our staff seemed to be the most impressive part of your stay. Sometimes, hotels are hotels, and the staff makes all the difference in the world. I am very pleased to read that through our staff we gave you what seems to be a meaningful and memorable experience and a great hotel that you will visit in your future trips to Dallas. If I can ever be of any assistance to you, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at drobinette@pacificahost.com

Monroe, Louisiana
Reviewed July 24, 2013

A friend of mine and I took our daughters and a two of their friends to the One Direction concert in Dallas. We had a reservation at another hotel but when we tried to check in they said our room was no longer available, so thankfully we ended up at the Crowne Plaza. I cannot say enough good things about the service. The staff were so sweet and helpful, understanding that we were completely frazzeled by our experience at the other hotel. They gave us coupons for free breakfast and ones to use at the bar as well. They gave us adjoining rooms so that the girls could get ready for the concert together. The rooms were great, very spacious and the beds were very comfortable!! I will definitely be staying there again!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Nickelk1416
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Dear Nickelk1416,

Thank you so much for sharing the wonderful experience you had at our hotel. I must say that my 11 year old daughter really wanted to go to that concert but her soccer commitments got in the way. I think I may be taking her to an alternate concert soon! This was such a great response to read and you made my Thursday morning even happier! If we can ever do anything for you during your future trips to Dallas, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at drobinette@pacificahost.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Having travelled from the UK I was extremely tired and was looking forward to a shower. I checked in and received my key card. On entering my room the decor was yellow and dirty - there had obviously been smokers. The shower was stone cold so I requested a change of room. The next room was freezing cold. I tried to turn the air con down but the knob was just for show - it did nothing. The shower again was cold and the toilet wouldn't flush. The third room wasn't third time lucky! Again the shower was cold and the toilet wouldn't flush. An electrical socket was hanging off the wall next to the bed. An engineer turned up two hours later and hey presto the shower was now Luke warm. "You must have been mistaken Sir, there's nothing wrong with the shower" he said. After several complaints I couldn't be bothered to take this further. The people of Texas are very polite but this hotel is of low quality. I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear Anon S,

Thank you for your recent review and feedback of our property. I would have been just as upset had I not had hot water or had to change rooms. We definitely did not live up to our own expectations during your stay. We hold our guest's comfort and happiness in the highest regard and work hard each day to provide a warm, welcoming and home away from home experience. We will chat about your experience in our morning meeting and begin to devise a plan to ensure situations like these are mitigated. If your travels ever bring you back to Dallas, we would love another opportunity to host you. Please reach out to me at drobinette@pacificahost.com and I will ensure you are taken great care of.

Best regards,

Dallas
Reviewed July 17, 2013

We stayed during the FFA convention in Dallas and the place was packed. Kids everywhere. But the rooms were quiet. Once we closed the door, I did not hear a thing. Air conditioning was great and the bed was extremely comfortable. My wife loved the spray for your pillow.

The pool is great, when it is not full. We were there early and had a great time. Later in the evening when all the kids got there, it filled up quickly. I would guess that is not typical though.

The breakfast buffet is great. There is a charge for it, but well worth it. Waffles and Omelets made to order!

Overall a great hotel with a great staff. Love this property.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank chill15
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear chill15,

Thank you for your recent review of our property. You really made a Friday morning even better! I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our beds and that your wife liked the spray for the pillows. It's actually a lavender spray that helps with creating a better night's sleep. The FFA convention brought about 600 youth to the hotel and with that many young people around, things could get chaotic. I will have to say that in all my years of being in this industry, this FFA group, was one of the most respectful youth groups I have ever hosted and we would love to have them return. I was also happy to read that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and its offerings and I have already passed those comments along to our chef. When your travels bring you back to Dallas, we hope that we can be your home away from home again. If I can be of any personal assistance to you, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at drobinette@pacificahost.com

Thanks for being a fan!

Dallas
Reviewed July 17, 2013

It was an average stayed, but the only thing I did not like was that they did not clean our room for two days until I had to ask them to send someone. I had to ask for towels twice because again room was not clean for two days. The pool are was not monitored and there were so many children in the pool that were unattended as well inside the gym.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Linda M,

Thank you so much for your recent review and feedback on your experience at our hotel. We strive to wow our guests and in a couple of ways, we fell short of that goal for you. We are speaking in a meeting this morning about how we can communicate more efficiently as a team, so that your room is clean and comfortable and that each of our guest's are responded to timely. We would love another opportunity to wow you and if your travels ever bring you back to the Dallas area, please do not hesitate to reach out to me at drobinette@pacificahost.com