“Great stay”

Ranked #118 of 203 Hotels in Dallas
Pensacola Beach, Florida
“Great stay”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Helpful staff. See Murph at the bar. He is the man.Great guy and makes great drinks.Hotel was full when I stayed but everything worked like clock work.I asked the staff for extra supplies for my room and it was immediately taken care of.Easy access to freeway and all parts of Dallas.Most enjoyable stay I have had in a while and I just returned from London where everything was so much harder to accomplish.

Room Tip: If you don't like your room they will be glad to change you.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Dalton B,

Thank you so much for your kind words regarding the staff and service you received while visiting the hotel. I will definitely pass on your comments to Murph in the bar and be sure to recognize him as one of our super star associates. We welcome you back the next time you are in Dallas and hope that each of your stays are as meaningful and memorable as your last one. If I can ever do anything for you please do not hesitate to reach out to me at drobinette@pacificahost.com

Best regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I stayed here for a special event in March. They were very accommodating to our group's needs. The hotel was completely booked and yet I still got stellar service from the staff. They were able to accommodate my request for a refrigerator in my room since I was on a special diet. The housekeeping staff refreshed all my in-room supplies and fulfilled my special requests. My room was spacious, clean, comfortable and quiet. I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
Dear Ted H,

Thank you so much for your recent review of the property. I was thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and I truly hope we were able to make your stay in Dallas meaningful and memorable. When your travels lead you back to Dallas, we would love to be your home away from home again. Thank you and as always, safe travels.

Best regards,

Del Robinette
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed four nights and had many disappointing experiences. Front staff is very friendly, however the property appears to be poorly run. Room problems are not addressed in a timely manner and for a property that has been recently updated....it already is looking "run down". Star rating is clearly too high. Bathroom faucets are terrible, rooms have items missing and housecleaning is slow.(Rooms not cleaned, bed not made etc....by 4pm). Hotel was NOT very busy.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Dear Ronald K,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent experience at the Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center. I understand you were not satisfied during your visit to the property, and want to emphasize that guest satisfaction is our top priority. We rely on guest feedback to ensure we provide a welcoming and warm environment for everyone, and as such, monitor forums like TripAdvisor for current guest comments. I have brought your situation to the attention of the property management team. We remain committed to providing the best experience to every guest, and should your travels bring you to the Dallas area again, we welcome you to return to our hotel. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at drobinette@pacificahost.com
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Researched reviews for hotels close to Love Field and decided on the Crown Plaza. When you drive up you're thinking it looks a little tired. It is not tired. I would stay there any time I needed a hotel in Dallas close to Love Field. After a long day we were checked in by warm, friendly and professional front desk clerk. Got to our room and were pleased by the size, as well as the up to date furnishings and cleanliness. Considered room service for dinner after a long day but ended up in the hotel bar for dinner. One of the best dirty martinis ever - that's a special skill! Our dinner was delicious! The next morning we were headed to the airport and the battery on our car was dead. The Crowne took care of us - not by simply putting us on their shuttle or putting us in a cab - they brought out a portable jump starter. It didn't work so they went and got their chef and he pulled his car around and gave us a jump. That's not just a place to stay - that's how your friends treat you. I'm sorry I don't know the name of each of the Crowne Plaza's team members who made this a great stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
Dear Cyndy S,

Thank you very much for your comments regarding you recent stay with us. We are so pleased you enjoyed your experience! We always appreciate and value guest feedback as it allows us to gauge how we're doing and the quality of the experience we provide to our guests. We have forwarded your comments to our staff, as we know they will enjoy reading about your Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center experience! We all work very hard to make every stay a great stay, and it’s always a pleasure to hear from satisfied guests. Thanks again, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dallas!

Windermere, Florida
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Although this is not a newer property I did not have any issues that would prevent me from staying there again in the future. In fact, because of the extraordinary service provided by Jorge Villasenor (Hotel Sales Manager) I will make it a point to stay there whenever I am back in Dallas on business. I thought this property was a very good value overall and because of its proximity to Dallas Love Field it is ideally located for my purposes. Also, the breakfast buffet was excellent and the Bar food was terrific.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Dennis C,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your recent stay with us. We are thrilled to hear that Jorge was able to provide extraordinary service and that you will be coming back. Jorge will be pleased to hear that his hard work gets recognized. We appreciate your business and it was a pleasure having you. We are looking forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Dallas. Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

We arrived lste and called in to make sure our room was reserved. The clerk remembered my call and check in was quick and pleasant. We did get creme brule in our room and were disappointed. The breakfast was great and a good way to start the day. We will take advantage of the opportunity next trip great value for the price.

• Stayed March 2013
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Barneyboy53,

Thank you for taking time to post a review about your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear your check in experience went smoothly. Thank you for trying our breakfast at the Bristol Bar & Grill, it is awesome! It’s sad though that you didn’t like the crème brulee because we get so many guests raving about it. We’d love for you to try our cheesecake next time, chocolate cake, or our mouth watering pecan apple crisp. Thank you again for staying with us. We’re looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed March 22, 2013

WARNING!! DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!! This hotel was VERY dirty, it smelled really bad, there was vomit on my pillow when I first went into my room because housekeeping didn't strip the bed because "no one slept in it". There were beg bug droppings in my room. They gave me another room but it had a smell to it as well. The event I was there for had all the hotels booked within 20 mile radius so I had to stay there. The hotel is very dated, the gift shop smelled so bad that I couldn't even walk in there. The furniture in the lobby was so old you could see that the cushions were sunk in on EVERY piece of furniture! The carpet was so horribly dirty throughout the hotel. The pool area was disgusting. The was a bright spot lol. The Restaurant manager (Olivia) and my server (Cichez). They were absolutely amazing the ONE time I ate there. The housing company that booked this hotel is taking off of their list due to all the complaints they receive from myself and many other guests that stayed there that weekend in March 2013!

Overall, this hotel should be shut down! The health department needs to come in a inspect that place!

Room Tip: Rooms at another Hotel are better!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Jeff-Wood-GM, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Dallas Market Center, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear Buckizfan,

Thank you for completing a review about your recent stay with us. Your feedback is of high importance to us because this is not how we operate. These issues have been dealt with accordingly because it is just unacceptable. We are sincerely sorry of how your stay turned out. We immediately received the report about the bed bugs and called our pest control right away and they turned the whole room inside and out and we are glad to report they didn’t see any. Again, we apologize for the inconvenience. Have a wonderful day!